It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists May Have Found Evidence of Previous Universes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Interesting theory!

Researchers claim to have discovered proof for past universes may exist in the night sky – specifically the leftovers of black holes from another universe. As stated by New Scientist, the notion is grounded around something called conformal cyclic cosmology (CCC). Conformal Cyclic Cosmology is the theory that our universe goes through continuous cycles of Big Bangs and compressions, negating the possibility of having initiated from a single Big Bang.

Cool, but their "proof" is technically just theoretical:

The proof originates in the form of “Hawking points”, titled after the late Stephen Hawking. He speculated that black holes would release radiation called Hawking radiation, and it’s this that Penrose and his associates propose may pass from one universe to the next ultimately.

Linky to article:
PHYSICS-astronomy.com
edit on 8.26.2018 by Kandinsky because: No ALL CAPS titles on ATS

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Interesting theory!

Yeah.
But I don't think it calls for all caps.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Interesting theory!

Yeah.
But I don't think it calls for all caps.

Just copied and pasted the title as is. It has been a long day and I was a bit lazy (cuz beer) but me and my "better half" are sick of the political craziness and decided to post things more in keeping with the interests of everyone else who'd like to see something else!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+56 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

+46 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

And you are not?

You are correct.
edit on 8/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Interesting theory!

Researchers claim to have discovered proof for past universes may exist in the night sky – specifically the leftovers of black holes from another universe. As stated by New Scientist, the notion is grounded around something called conformal cyclic cosmology (CCC). Conformal Cyclic Cosmology is the theory that our universe goes through continuous cycles of Big Bangs and compressions, negating the possibility of having initiated from a single Big Bang.

Cool, but their "proof" is technically just theoretical:

The proof originates in the form of “Hawking points”, titled after the late Stephen Hawking. He speculated that black holes would release radiation called Hawking radiation, and it’s this that Penrose and his associates propose may pass from one universe to the next ultimately.

Linky to article:
PHYSICS-astronomy.com

Kind of falls in line with the multiverse in every black hole I have known for awhile...

In turn, all the black holes found so far in our universe—from the microscopic to the supermassive—may be doorways into alternate realities. According to a mind-bending new theory, a black hole is actually a tunnel between universes—a type of wormhole. The matter the black hole attracts doesn't collapse into a single point, as has been predicted, but rather gushes out a "white hole" at the other end of the black one, the theory goes. (Related: "New Proof Unknown 'Structures' Tug at Our Universe.") In a recent paper published in the journal Physics Letters B, Indiana University physicist Nikodem Poplawski presents new mathematical models of the spiraling motion of matter falling into a black hole. His equations suggest such wormholes are viable alternatives to the "space-time singularities" that Albert Einstein predicted to be at the centers of black holes. According to Einstein's equations for general relativity, singularities are created whenever matter in a given region gets too dense, as would happen at the ultradense heart of a black hole. Einstein's theory suggests singularities take up no space, are infinitely dense, and are infinitely hot—a concept supported by numerous lines of indirect evidence but still so outlandish that many scientists find it hard to accept. If Poplawski is correct, they may no longer have to.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I am not very religious but it also sounds like it would fall in line with some religious teachings since god has shown a penchant for hitting reset when people disappoint him.

That said still a very interesting theory, wonder if they will ever figure out a way to prove it.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I am not very religious but it also sounds like it would fall in line with some religious teachings since god has shown a penchant for hitting reset when people disappoint him.

That said still a very interesting theory, wonder if they will ever figure out a way to prove it.

If they do it wont be any time soon. A relative that works for NASA had this to say about the article: "Why not?"

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

There has been other detections of abnormalities that are theorized to be our Universe "bumping" against other Universes shortly after the Big Bang.

It's an interesting concept that we are beginning to see such things.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So if this is a simulation then why would they add something that shows a Universes before our. Unless it is a smoke screen catch us off guard if you will. yes yes you never know hahahahahaa

But seriously I think this is a real Universe but I always said this is the second Universe because someone blew up the first Universe sending us to higher dimensions without us knowing.

Or aliens gave us our own Universe to play in which is why we have not heard from any aliens yet.

I promise I am sane! lol

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Phage

SNIPPED

On topic though I've often wondered if black holes aren't the connection between universes. One universe spawns many many more with its stars death
edit on 8.26.2018 by Kandinsky because: Removed quote of removed post

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

There has been other detections of abnormalities that are theorized to be our Universe "bumping" against other Universes shortly after the Big Bang.

It's an interesting concept that we are beginning to see such things.

I read another article (also brought to my attention by relative mentioned earlier) that discusses how NASA's New Horizons spacecraft may have detected a wall at the edge of our solar system:
LINK
edit on 25-8-2018 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: A boo boo was made!

(post by ZombieZygote removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join