It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Bird Chicken!! (YUM!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is a fantastic dish, and it's super easy to make! Super sonic with some yard-bird or just regular chicken breasts from the store. Had some tonight (again) and I'd forgotten how delicious this is. Haven't had it for a while.

Love Bird Chicken (for two...but you can scale it up easily for more)

2 Large Chicken breasts cut in half (across, so you have 4 large squares of thick chicken)
1 Tblsp Olive oil
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped (I use a little more)
4 thick slices of smoked Swiss cheese
1 sheet of frozen pastry dough cut into eight square pieces, thawed
4 teaspoons of apricot jam / preserves
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a skillet until hot (med hi). Season the chicken with salt, rosemary and black pepper. Lightly brown chicken in a skillet with the olive oil over medium hi heat for 5 minutes (until it's just barely done, even a little under is okay). Set chicken aside.

Place a piece of the cheese, a teaspoon of apricot preserves on top of one of the pastry squares. Place a piece of the chicken on top of the cheese and preserves. (Repeat for each piece of chicken). (Hint: I sprinkle a little more rosemary on the chicken here). Now top all four chicken pastry squares with the other four pieces of pastry squares. Pinch the edges together to form a sealed pastry shell around the chicken, cheese and preserves. Brush the pastry shells with egg wash and flip them over. Brush the tops with the egg wash also. (Note: you made them upside down initially because it's easier, and then flipped them over, so leave them cheese side up to cook).

Preheat your oven to 400F. Place the chicken pastries on a baking pan lined with tin foil or parchment (do not cover). Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

Enjoy!

The chicken comes out SUPER moist and flavorful because it's sealed inside the pastry. The rosemary, melted smoked cheese and apricot preserves make the dish just incredible. And the pastry is just the icing on the cake! You'll hurt yourself eating this dish!! This one is a definite crowd pleaser and a wonderful dish for two!

I usually serve this with a side of steamed summer squash and maybe some salad greens. You can also serve it with just about any veggie (broccoli or fresh green beans are good alternatives also).

Bon Apetit.

ETA - If you want to scale this up 2x or more I'd suggest cooking the chicken in separate batches. Otherwise just scale all the ingredients up. You can assemble and bake them all at the same time.
edit on 8/25/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sounds like a great recipe mate. And I will try it. Your take on cooking in this forum yields good results.

Any cinnamon worth putting in that?

bally

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Any cinnamon worth putting in that?

bally

LOL!! Nah, not this one.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Replying so I can find this recipe later this coming week.
Sounds delicious!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Reply, i'm gonna put some cinnamon in mine. Just look at Clay Disc's other thread. heh heh. Missus won't know the better.

bally

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Reply, i'm gonna put some cinnamon in mine. Just look at Clay Disc's other thread. heh heh. Missus won't know the better.

bally

Just remember to pair it with a good wine! I wont tell!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Hahaha, I'm sure Clay Disc Bloke is laughing as well. Great response.

bally

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
One of the fun things about this dish is, after you make it the first time you can not only adjust the ratios to your liking, but more importantly you can experiment with different cheeses and preserves. You just want a preserve without a real strong presence else it will take over. You want the cheese and the preserves to work in tandem and not have one take over the other. Some other good alternatives I've tried are:

1. Gruyere cheese (smoked if you can find it) and fig jam.
2. Smoked Swiss cheese and currant jam
3. Smoked cheddar and apple jelly
4. Gruyere and peach preserves (though go easy on the peach if you try this one because peach is a stronger flavor and very sweet).

And, if you really want to get fancy, you can try some Gruyere / smoked Swiss with a mushroom Duxelles (a paste made from butter sauteed mushroom, shallots, herbs and black pepper). You can leave the preserves out of this one and use the Duxelles in place of the preserves. This one will send you off into semi-elliptical Lunar orbit! It's like a mini Chicken Wellington with smoked cheese.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I used to love chicken...until I learned that it is one of the few special homes of a parasite that carries a bacteria that is pleomorphic and causes what we call cancer.Ya,that little bacteria lays dormant in us just waiting for the perfect storm so it can turn into is so-called cancer fungal or mould form and shape....KFC was my favorite.....lol...I can still taste it when I thnk about it...MMMmmmm....but there is nothing worse than a mouthfull of cancer now is there....so I now digress from the chicken and the pork....when the global cabal is finally ousted and the truth comes out and they begin to properly treat the meats like THEY ALREADY KNOW THEY CAN to destroy this parasite and its bacteria ..well then I am back on the Chicken-Train....till then good luck to all chicken lovers.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

DUDE!...your life must be a terrible place, what with all the "parasites" in your world! It seems like this is all you talk about..."parasites, parasites and more parasites".

You seem like you are ultra-phobic about parasites, practically every post of yours lately has discussed some kind of a parasite. Is your entire world about parasites? 99.9% of your discussion on parasites is stuff I've never even heard, seen or read anywhere else. Wow!

While I appreciate your concern, this is a thread about cooking and recipes. It's main ingredient, chicken, is one of the most widely accepted and loved foods on planet Earth and literally billions of people eat chicken every single day! Posting about parasites in a recipe thread which utilizes one of the most common ingredients on Earth is probably not the most appropriate thing. Perhaps consider keeping your extremist parasite theories in Health and Wellness / alternative medicines forums, not here.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... goodness what a hard line .

My information on parasites is not extreme in any way...your unwillingness to accept the normalcy and reality are truly mind-numbing....the only thing left of you sticking out of the sand is your tail-feathers you are so far down.....lol......you can learn about your chicken and eat it to you know.

www.youtube.com... is a good way to eat chicken.

www.youtube.com... is cute isnt it....and its why I share my knowledge with people who love chicken as much as YOU seem to , sharing basic EveryMan and EveryWoman knowledge about the foods they are eating and what is in them.Yes parasites live in meat.

www.youtube.com... is another way to enjoy your bird....once you open your mind and let your preconcieved notions drop away you begin to truly appreciate how others approach the things you both love.Enjoy.

edit on 26-8-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Then why not leave it at...

"I don't eat chicken", and leave it at that?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Strewth mate. Just looked at the post you replied to.

I can only say, your menu is one of the better ways to eat chicken. What's with the parasite phobia?

I suggest for front hole parasite phobics, perhaps they might cook their lentils in cinnamon.

Cheers FCD.

edit on 27-8-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Then why not leave it at...

"I don't eat chicken", and leave it at that?

Because you are a bit of a bully sometimes and it doesn't mean it impacts others....lol...no one is going to leave it at that because you feel it should be so silly-wily …. I WANT TO EAT THE CHICKEN AGAIN so I WANT IT CLEANED UP by the people selling it and making money off of it and if people like you OP who are also chicken lovers learn the sordid truth maybe together we can pressure the Global Sheeple farmers to clean up the chicken they are selling us.

I love me chicken...and I hate intentionally ignorant mindsets....I did not put up a SAVE THE BIRD banner and I did not put up links to chicken processing plants or to any of the animal hugging sites.....lol...I MYSELF LOVE TO EAT THE BIRD....just not the bugs that come with the bird.

The freeze dried chicken is surprisingly good and it is easy as pie to make when camping or in a hurry and the combonation of spices Grandpa used and his method of opening up the meat to get those spices deep down and inside was fantastic and well done over an open fire is the way I like to go to whenever I get the chance.

Great post ....more recipies please.....I havent lost hope yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

LOL!! Roger that!!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So now you're trolling.

Jesus, go crawl back into your hermetically sealed bubble and enjoy some of you irradiated tofu and hydroponically grown kale!! Gargle some bleach and check yourself for parasites. But be gone!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So now you're trolling.

Jesus, go crawl back into your hermetically sealed bubble and enjoy some of you irradiated tofu and hydroponically grown kale!! Gargle some bleach and check yourself for parasites. But be gone!

Trolling.....lol...stop being so unruly and insulting,big babay,all your wailing will not make the BadMan go away.....lol....actually it will....lol.

My fellow Chicken lovers have been re-educated,you not so much,LMAO,like I said I want my Chicken back and to get it cleaned up enough to eat it I have to teach ....even oppositionally defiant wee ones and we wont mention any names so no ones feelings get butt-hurt....ok.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Does it work with actual love birds? Asking for a friend. Also, that title. I saw it and thought. Yeah well I love fish trout too. I also love cow beef.

top topics

join