It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boot licking Amazon employees tweet glowing praise for Amazon’s work conditions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Aazadan

Working underwater is really unpleasant, and dangerous.

Pays well though.

How long do they expect you to hold your breadth. I might be interested in doing that.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Does this mean if you work at Amazon you don't have to kiss your boss's butt because they have professional bootlickers there to do it for you? Where do they find these people? Is there a category in the classifieds for bootlicker? Or is it a business school thing, Bootlicking 101? A**kissing 201? Are there job requirements or are they trained in house? It sounds like a rapidly growing field.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Lumenari

Were talking conceptually here, not about economics.

There’s nothing in economic theory that says people have to work 8 hours a day and 5 days a week.

We had the 8-hour paradigm now the elite changed it to 10 hours, 12 hours, two or three jobs.

It's a social engineering plot of the elite.

It actually started with the Club of Rome, an elite think tank claiming in the 70's that we need to stop growth.

Though they didn't stop the growth of the elites power or money.

All they stopped was the evolving social construct dealing with technological and social progress

Let's don't build a society where the average person can evolve to a growing level of comfort and ease, no let's build a society where a few elites have all the comfort and ease and the remaining 90 percent or more live like animals and slaves.

Who exactly do you think came up with the idea of the 8 hour work day?

It was not an elitist plot.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You start with the big dog and when you've whipped it in line then the others fall in line. I don't want to have to pay for food stamps for people who already have a job. And basic human decency makes me want them not treated like $h!t. Well except for people like you. I hope you end up in exactly that type of job so you learn a valuable lesson. It's people like you who make America worse than it used to be.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Envy signaling? Did you just make that term up?

Anyways, please school me on the basics of economics. Tell me why companies no longer care about their employees and are now only focused on making their shareholders happy with never-ending profits that must constantly exceed the previous quarter? Why are companies and shareholders so greedy that there is no such thing as too much profit? Because that's exactly what's happening at Amazon and other corporations. You know that, right?

School me oh wise one.

Amazon isn't very profitable...

The greed is driven by consumers who want cheap goods, not so much the corps.

Sorry to destroy your worldview.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Does this mean if you work at Amazon you don't have to kiss your boss's butt because they have professional bootlickers there to do it for you? Where do they find these people? Is there a category in the classifieds for bootlicker? Or is it a business school thing, Bootlicking 101? A**kissing 201? Are there job requirements or are they trained in house? It sounds like a rapidly growing field.

No, their amateur bootlickers

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

How do you know anything? Maybe these people do love working there legitimately

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Private message me. Where do you work and will you hire me? No joke

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Does Amazon beat their employees? No? Then they have it better than my direct reports.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Good for them, I’m happy for them

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The working conditions at Amazon are only a symptom of a broken system and society. Cutting the symptoms off at the root is the solution yet people continuously defend the rich and call those who complain about their obscene amounts of money "jealous". This is the symptom of a society with a foundation of greed and apathy.

And your solution is? Just wondering...

Shares, health, vision, dental! Excellent culture, if you are a hard worker and with people skills you will thrive here. If you are lazy and unmotivated, not so much....

Just a random comment about Amazon and working conditions I pulled off the web. I've some friends that work in Kansas at one of their facilities and love it.

I see the root of the problem as we are going into two generations of Americans with no work ethic, no drive to move up in a company and an entitlement mentality.

This is coming from someone that has a hard time filling no experience necessary jobs that are 90K to start, free health (gold plan) and profit sharing. Those, by the way, are normally bigger than your checks.

It DOES require lifting occasionally 50 pounds, 10 hour shifts and the ability to show up. I would say that 75% of your time at work here you sit in your truck and watch whatever TV series you are currently into.

We have no dress code, we don't care about piercings or tattoos (I myself have almost a full ounce of Tribal Black ink in me) and the males can go all Amish with facial hair if they want to.

All I get are people that can't show up on time, can't learn anything and have an attitude.

The problem isn't that I can't get good help.. the problem is I can't even get bad help.

If only I had a green card

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So how is this Amazons fault or are you trying to kill time till you can blame Trump somehow. Amazon is building in Grand Rapids MI and they have their people waiting to start before the buildings started.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Does Amazon beat their employees? No? Then they have it better than my direct reports.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join