It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats vote to overhaul superdelegate system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Democrats vote to overhaul superdelegate system

One of the largest problems with the Democrat Party was it's use of ''Super Delegates'' which bound delegates to vote for pre supported candidates without following the voting pattern of the Democratic voters in their states. Republicans rightly called this authoritarian and proof that the Democartic Party was not the ''party of the people'' that they claimed to be.

Many liberal people agreed and many lost interest in that party when it became clear to them that the party was ''rigged'' and that Clinton would get the nomination regardless of how people voted.

Now however it seems that that party is set to make major reforms in that process and strictly limit the power and control that these Super Delegates have held over the voters in the party.

They are holding a convention today and will be making these changes to be in force for the 2020 elections. If the vote today goes the way that Bernie Sanders and people like him hope, the 2020 primaries for the Democratic Party could see sweeping changes away from the old autocratic machine the party had become.

www.salon.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I still don't believe it will help. Bernie wasn't brave enough to call the DNC on their bullsnip. The RNC would have done the same to Trump, but they couldn't because all of his support would have left the RNC also. They are both beyond reconciliation with the voters IMO.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
They don't need to change anything, Democratic enthusiasm it at all time highs thanks to Trump.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Too little too late. I will not go back.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Bernie would have lost too.
The dems just plain failed to understand how much damage obama did to the party.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
One has to wonder how they will manage to rig the nominations now. Probably through social media and "leaked" scandals -- real or imagined. Control of information is the way to go.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

lol really? Your numbers are falling drastically . In fact if old soros wasnt paying for protest shows and cop killers the rest of the extremist would have went independent by now.

edit on 25-8-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker

lol really? Your numbers are falling drastically . In fact if old soros wasnt paying for protest shows and cop killers the rest of the extremist would have went independent by now.

Only according to hard right news sources. Don't trust anything until the day of reckoning.

Weird, I've been to plenty of protests for decades. Never been paid. Can't seem to find anyone in the hundreds of friends that have been paid either. This may be a bit of... fake news brotha.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So you like the party choosing the candidate not the people. Not surprised.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I also find this funny. They think their party has no plan, but want to vote to prevent Trump from having a plan.

voters think neither party has a clear plan for the country. Sixty-one percent say the Democratic Party doesn’t, and 55 percent say the GOP doesn’t.

More Republicans (65 percent) than Democrats (49 percent) are more confident their party has a clear plan for the country.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Only according to hard right news sources. Don't trust anything until the day of reckoning.

Weird, I've been to plenty of protests for decades. Never been paid. Can't seem to find anyone in the hundreds of friends that have been paid either. This may be a bit of... fake news brotha.

I live in upstate ny. A bus line is changing. I saw an add in the local paper for volunteers to protest the change. Out of curiosity, i called. I was offered $500 cash a day to "volunteer". When i find the ad, i will post the link for you to try yourself.

Trust me, this sh1t aint grassroots.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: okrian

I live in upstate ny. A bus line is changing. I saw an add in the local paper for volunteers to protest the change. Out of curiosity, i called. I was offered $500 cash a day to "volunteer". When i find the ad, i will post the link for you to try yourself.

Trust me, this sh1t aint grassroots.

Anyone could post an ad offering $500 for someone to protest a bus line changing, people are always posting promising scams.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
K
Pardon my lack of knowledge on this, were Super Delegates a recent invention or had they been around for awhile?

I was under the impression there were in response to Ron Paul's showing in the Republican primaries and to prevent "grass root" campaigns as silly as that sounds.

Bernie Is going:

ABOUT DAMN TIME!
edit on 25-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
it will be interesting to see how this goes. and from there what happens to the party. people like to go on about the "two party system"[i], of politics in the US. but as we really saw in the last election and ever since, the democrat party is turning into a two party, party. there seems to be a major fracturing on political aims, possibly even age. as shown in the last election, you had the more communistic people, wanting Bernie, and all his free stuff, (which seemed to be the young people at the core). of which the only real way they seemed to want that so called free stuff paid for is with everyone else's money. then you had the Hillary party. which really did not have any real tangible goals other that to be the first woman (no matter how big a criminal she is), President, and continuing the Obama initiatives. of course they were also the hard core say no to "racist" Trump, race baiters. with the Hillary party half being supported by both the dnc (the party elite), as well as the media. with many on both sides refusing outright to vote for the other candidate if they won the nomination. i have to say i was actually expecting the democratic party to split at that point, before the last election happened. but it seems that Bernie might have been bought off (what promises were made to him to support Hillary? we are after all pretty sure that Hillary was promised to be the next President when she bowed out to Obama, (if nothing else, she sure acted like that was the case in the last election). and refusing to run as an independent, it didn't happen.

so the question is what will happen to the party now, especially since even more communist leaning candidates like this Cortez chick are coming out. will we be seeing a resurfacing of the communist party which folded into the democrat party years ago?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
They don't need to change anything, Democratic enthusiasm it at all time highs thanks to Trump.

About what? What valid people or platform? I haven't seen anything to get excited about.

ETA: Isn't this the same topic as this?
edit on 26-8-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

They need to change their informal policy of bias and “choosing candidates in a back room,” as well as address probable campaign finance corruption and capture of DNC finances during the primaries. If you don’t think things need to change I think your head is on the sand.

top topics

join