It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Is Not Going to Happen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
At any rate.

The count down clock is ticking.

Only a few more months left until.

Trumpageddon.

In with a bang or out with a whine.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hell they just may sit on it until 2019 and use it for 2020 election cycle.

Maximum effect, and make themselves shoe ins.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
At any rate.

The count down clock is ticking.

Only a few more months left until.

Trumpageddon.

In with a bang or out with a whine.

There's going to be a lot of whining, and gloating, no matter what the outcome is. Sad days.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He's not insane. That's all that matters at the moment. He can't do too much damage in a year.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

50/50 odds.

Even if the House votes to it's still gotta go through the senate.

Clinton was impeached until he was acquitted, but the damage was already done.Not to Bill though. To the impeachers.

More drama than a greek tragedy.

Whatever happens remember this:

The trial in the United States Senate began right after the seating of the 106th Congress, in which the Republican Party held 55 Senate seats. A two-thirds vote (67 senators) was required to remove Clinton from office. 50 senators voted to remove Clinton on the obstruction of justice charge and 45 voted to remove him on the perjury charge; no member of his own Democratic Party voted guilty on either charge.Clinton, like Johnson a century earlier, was acquitted on all charges

The impeachment of Bill Clinton was initiated in December 1998 by the House of Representatives and led to a trial in the Senate for the impeachment of Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

The greatest show on earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The date on his grave stone?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

He does if they vote to impeach in the Senate.
He will actually be the first to be bums rushed out the door.
Oh the humiliation will be stupendous.
The shame palpable.
Like honey nectar in the air.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And if they don't.

We know who are going to be the first ones to say,'Russia hacked the Senate'.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

After which he goes to jail for racketeering in N.Y. State. Sing Sing is a rat hole ancient prison. He will love it.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Those whom think dems will take the house is living a pipe dream.

For one the dems are so fractured its hard to even consider it a party anymore.

The polls are taken by foreigners whom at best speak broken english and they are instructed on what to put if they do not understand the answer.

You can see the hopelessness in every MSM reporters eyes as they throw anything and everything against the wall in hopes it will stick.

The russians can no longer fix the elections for the dems while everyones watching.

The illegals can no longer vote in any real impactful numbers as the people are now watching.

Voter intimidation by far left groups will not be tolerated with Republicans in power.

The IRS is no longer weaponized to prevent groups from campaigning for the republicans
edit on 25-8-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ill be stunned if he is impeached, with what we have seen so far he has done nothing that hasn't been done by other presidents.

its funny speaking form a political anlge alone, IF the democrats take the house and only focus on trying to impeach or block trump at every angle ignoring everything else.
They will hand a gift to the republicans if the economy dips at all, the RNC will be able to go we tried and tried, but they just wouldnt let anything happen.

Sad part is at this point I think they have put their butts into a crack and have no choice but to get trump, or they risk alienating their own base.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Kind of like Gerald Ford.
The Watergate innuendo just keeps getting stronger.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Agree with the OP.

My predictions Trump will not be impeached. Sure there is a minor chance. I would say 17% chance.

If he is? Then we get Pence. More presidential, more diplomatic. Very religious and fundamental. He's really an unknown quantity though.

What happens in 2020? Trump wins again or Pence is a shoe in, unless the Democrats get a big name, quality candidate.

Sanders lost some cred last go around for caving into Clinton. He may not be able to beat Trump next time around and clearly the DNC will do everything they can to sink him anyway. Kamala Harris appears to be the next chosen one, but I don't think she can beat them. Booker, Biden Warren, Coumo ...no. Need a bigger name like Oprah, Zuckerberg or Michelle Obama. That's the only way you beat Trump/Pence.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Pence is to the right of Trump.

Cruz is to the right of Pence.

They called it.

Every Republican president is the worst president ever, until the next one.

GWB was the devil incarnate until Trump came along, and is 'worse'

Lmao!! Spot on bro! Fahrenheit 911 had me convinced Bush was pure evil and I ruined 2 Christmas dinners fighting with my dad about it. Kids will believe anything as long as it’s funny or entertaining. Ahhhhh. Good times.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Agree with the OP.

My predictions Trump will not be impeached. Sure there is a minor chance. I would say 17% chance.

I will ask this one last time. Impeached for what? He lied about something that isn’t our business to save his family. Bill Clinton did the same UNDER OATH and the senate still wouldn’t impeach him. So can you impeach someone just because?
But if they can thats even better because I’ve become addicted to liberal tears and Pence is guaranteed to give me even more!
Oprah already said she’s not interested in her dirt becoming everyone’s business
edit on 25-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)
I actually respected her when she said that.every human has dirt they are ashamed of. We are all filthy sinners.
edit on 25-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: amazing
Agree with the OP.

I will ask this one last time. Impeached for what? He lied about something that isn’t our business to save his family. Bill Clinton did the same UNDER OATH and the senate still wouldn’t impeach him. So can you impeach someone just because?
But if they can thats even better because I’ve become addicted to liberal tears and Pence is guaranteed to give me even more!
Oprah already said she’s not interested in her dirt becoming everyone’s business I actually respected her when she said that.every human has dirt they are ashamed of. We are all filthy sinners.

I just think this. There is a slim chance they could find some dirt that will stick to Trump, we don't know everything yet. That's why I give him a chance of being impeached. We don't know what Cohen knows etc. I really think he won't be though.

As for Oprah. I mean her or Michelle Obama or the Zuck. it's got to be a famous celebrity to beat Trump.

Remember that most politicians on both sides of the isle are either lawyers or bankers. What makes a lawyer or a banker qualified to be a politician? Nothing. We're no worse off with a celebrity as president than a lawyer.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Thank you for responding. You are the first. And there is logic in that. We don’t know everything yet.
If Michele would run I would be very very very nervous

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

LOL, she wouldn't have a chance. Her first time being proud of America cause we elected her husband self-serving statement ruined ever being considered for any political office much less the presidency. And the kids in 8 years are gonna hate her for what she did to the lunches.
edit on 25-8-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I agree with dbcowboy.Between the Dems and the never trumpers impeachment is a done deal.They won’t even wait till the polls close on Election Day to start the drumbeat.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The base of the Democratic party may be hungering for the impeachment of Donald Trump, but should Democrats retake the House in November, they won’t oblige. It wouldn’t make political sense.

The Democrats are likely to win back the House with a small-to-medium majority dependent on moderates’ taking seats in districts that Trump won. These incoming freshmen in purple or even red districts are going to want to avoid being painted as extreme partisans who obsess over political gamesmanship instead of moving the country forward. Even if the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wing of the party pushes mightily for impeachment, the moderates will be eager to distance themselves from the radicals. Pelosi, or whoever the next speaker of the House is, may not be enthusiastic about it anyway. It would inevitably be a meaningless symbolic gesture, because everyone knows there is as yet no prospect of getting two-thirds of the Senate to agree to remove the president from office. And it would likely wind up helping President Trump much as it helped Bill Clinton.

www.nationalreview.com...

Related reading.

They think Trump is racist, but they think the Republican party as a whole is racist. They think Trump is misogynist, but they think that of Republicans in general. They think Trump is heartless and cruel, but they thought the same of Mitt Romney. Trump to them is just a normal Republican who doesn’t bother to wear a mask of decency.

Spend a few minutes on Twitter playing up the possibility of a Pence administration, as I did this week, and you’ll see what I mean: No way will the Democrats concede that Pence is at least a normal, stable political figure and would be an improvement over Trump. Democrats find nothing good in any conservative, ever, until he is safely retired or dead. Every Republican president is the worst president ever, until the next one. Moreover, defeating a (normal) incumbent president in a time of peace and prosperity is almost impossible. If Pence became president and immediately restored a sense of normalcy, he’d be much harder to beat than Trump in 2020.

Soooooo.

Ask a Trump critic if Trump should be impeached, and most will say yes, but the game of politics.

What you see is not what it's all about.

For a party obsessed with power, and sunk to the deepest depths of depravity, and impeachment before 2020 would make it harder to win the White House in 2020.

Trump is a known quantity. They've thrown everything they could think of, and two years later the best they've gotten is bank fraud, and lying to the FBI by those not named Trump.

Any rate Hell week is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

I retort.

You decide.

You're right, I guess. However, the reasoning is that he has enough money to pay off anyone that is voting to impeach him.

The guy has tackled the question of impeachment with a response that's analogous to extorting the entire country. That's not a President, in my opinion. I don't support the right or left, but I do support the idea that our President should never utilize fear as a tool to govern.

I am referencing when he stated there would be a massive economic collapse, if he were impeached. If something about my perspective on that, is wrong. Please let me know, I hate being influenced by misleading claims.
edit on 25-8-2018 by Archivalist because: Why. Turn this feature off if the edit is in 10 seconds or less.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join