It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Is Not Going to Happen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The base of the Democratic party may be hungering for the impeachment of Donald Trump, but should Democrats retake the House in November, they won’t oblige. It wouldn’t make political sense.

The Democrats are likely to win back the House with a small-to-medium majority dependent on moderates’ taking seats in districts that Trump won. These incoming freshmen in purple or even red districts are going to want to avoid being painted as extreme partisans who obsess over political gamesmanship instead of moving the country forward. Even if the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wing of the party pushes mightily for impeachment, the moderates will be eager to distance themselves from the radicals. Pelosi, or whoever the next speaker of the House is, may not be enthusiastic about it anyway. It would inevitably be a meaningless symbolic gesture, because everyone knows there is as yet no prospect of getting two-thirds of the Senate to agree to remove the president from office. And it would likely wind up helping President Trump much as it helped Bill Clinton.

www.nationalreview.com...

Related reading.

They think Trump is racist, but they think the Republican party as a whole is racist. They think Trump is misogynist, but they think that of Republicans in general. They think Trump is heartless and cruel, but they thought the same of Mitt Romney. Trump to them is just a normal Republican who doesn’t bother to wear a mask of decency.

Spend a few minutes on Twitter playing up the possibility of a Pence administration, as I did this week, and you’ll see what I mean: No way will the Democrats concede that Pence is at least a normal, stable political figure and would be an improvement over Trump. Democrats find nothing good in any conservative, ever, until he is safely retired or dead. Every Republican president is the worst president ever, until the next one. Moreover, defeating a (normal) incumbent president in a time of peace and prosperity is almost impossible. If Pence became president and immediately restored a sense of normalcy, he’d be much harder to beat than Trump in 2020.

Soooooo.

Ask a Trump critic if Trump should be impeached, and most will say yes, but the game of politics.

What you see is not what it's all about.

For a party obsessed with power, and sunk to the deepest depths of depravity, and impeachment before 2020 would make it harder to win the White House in 2020.

Trump is a known quantity. They've thrown everything they could think of, and two years later the best they've gotten is bank fraud, and lying to the FBI by those not named Trump.

Any rate Hell week is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

I retort.

You decide.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I found out that the respondents to that thread, are generally frightened to death of Mike Pence. He is apparently Hitler with a Bible. They have some wild fears of what he might do as president. I don't know how widespread this theory is, but if it's any indication of reality, then you are spot on, and Trump will not be removed from office.

Even if Maxine Waters doesn't like it.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Pence is to the right of Trump.

Cruz is to the right of Pence.

They called it.

Every Republican president is the worst president ever, until the next one.

GWB was the devil incarnate until Trump came along, and is 'worse'

edit on 25-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As bad as Pence is I will gladly take the risk. Trump is destroying America and he needs to be removed as soon as possible. There will be massive pressure on the Dems to impeach him, and by the time they do investigations proving how he is destroying the government I don't think it will be to hard to get people to vote to impeach.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've said that for over a year now. I'm a seer.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Trump 2020!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

It would inevitably be a meaningless symbolic gesture, because everyone knows there is as yet no prospect of getting two-thirds of the Senate to agree to remove the president from office.

Ok Sisyphus

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
As bad as Pence is I will gladly take the risk. Trump is destroying America and he needs to be removed as soon as possible. There will be massive pressure on the Dems to impeach him, and by the time they do investigations proving how he is destroying the government I don't think it will be to hard to get people to vote to impeach.

You do realize that if y'all get your hail Mary and impeach, that doesn't mean he has to leave the office?

Neo is right... the left's base never think things through.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Trump 2020!

Well I wouldn't go that far.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

A rational OP and a rational premise.

But the leftists aren't rational.

They see this as a war and a war they want to win. It's not just against Trump, it's against everyone who doesn't think like they do.

They will push for impeachment the second they gain control of the House.

In my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nope, I don’t think he will be impeached, or removed from office. I agree with the article in the OP - the Dems will win back the House, and will be effective in blocking anything Trump tries to do from that point on.

I also believe Trump will be a one-term president. Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

and will be effective in blocking anything Trump tries to do from that point on

They've already been doing that through judical hacks.

Nothing will change.

link   

If evidence is found that warrants impeachment then he should be impeached regardless of who stands in for him , they will likely go for the low hanging fruit first so Trump's impeachment wouldn't come until later next year leaving only a short time in office for Pence.
Pence would be the lamest of lame ducks with no mandate hobbling along until the next election.

link   
I am waiting for Americans to get pissed off at how they are beginning to look to the rest of the world....obviously Americans as a whole love their President and Love their Country and its Processes....obviously this is an MSM driven non-stop attack…..obviously the President is standing firm and batteling hard.....obviously Americans are a lot more gutless than I though and do not undersyand that when they condone attacks on their President they are allowing themselves to be shat on as well....it is what it is...and by now Americans should be coming together and demanding the MSM be shuttered....the American Government should shut down ALL MSMS media that is privately owned in the name of National Security…..within 24 hours just lock their doors and keep it that way until the impacts of their collisional attacks on America herself have subsided.....its time for Americans to stand up for themselves and to defend the President who they voted to represent them...….and I do not mean debate the issue...I mean GET ALL AMERICAN ON THE ISSUE AND CRUSH IT like you CRUSH THE KITTY...….don't worry the entire world knows what is going on in that the Global Cabal is paying immense volumes of money to try to make Trump look bad.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Can you elaborate oh just how Trump is destroying America?

From my point of view, America is doing better than we have in a decade.

Things that don't count to help you get started:

Trump has orange skin.
Trump says mean things.
Trump is some ist, phobe, or other identity politic name.
No speculations based on hate or agenda in the future, only what he has done to date to destroy America.

AAANNNNDDD GO..
edit on 8 25 2018 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They will push for impeachment the second they gain control of the House.

If they don't they would be proven liars.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Nope, I don’t think he will be impeached, or removed from office. I agree with the article in the OP - the Dems will win back the House, and will be effective in blocking anything Trump tries to do from that point on.

I also believe Trump will be a one-term president. Time will tell.

Do you honestly think that the 60% of America that is independent will allow a Democrat anywhere near the white house after Obama took what should have been an 18 month recession and magically made it last 8 years?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
I mean GET ALL AMERICAN ON THE ISSUE AND CRUSH IT like you CRUSH THE KITTY...…

That whole post was nonsensical but THIS I found disturbing.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

60% of America don't watch CNN or MSNBC.

At most under 6 million combined, and that's being generous.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think there actually is one legit reason most of the Left does want Trump impeached.

That reason is the 2020 election. I'm yet to see a formidable D who would have a great chance to unseat our current President.

Sometimes it is easy to overthink the obvious, especially when distracted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join