It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and Veganism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
FREE ATS!
FREE ATS!
FREE ATS!

Vote Augustus Masonicus 2019.
Vote For "Almighty Grand Dragon Imperial Galactic Overlord Supreme Moderator Of The 33rd Kind!"
His word is law....

edit on 25-8-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

You are making some mighty fine assumptions whilst interpreting things you read on the internet!

God will certainly reward you!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Pinocchio

You are making some mighty fine assumptions whilst interpreting things you read on the internet!

God will certainly reward you!

I Have No Obligation To Serve God...
He Said I Should Do My Best. But ... What The Hell Does That Mean?!?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Samson was vegan, and so am I. Ive also heard Noah was too

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

How many truly enlightened people have you met?

none.

What do you think it means to be enlightened?

We see ourselves as the I AM because our senses and minds eye are limited to our body. Science too has operated within a similar vein until quantum entanglement proved its not the case. Thus enlightenment, in my view (more Hindu/Buddhist based), is seeing past the Illusions of mind and senses. Realising I AM is everything. So its not being special. Its more of an awakening from egoistical constraints of the mind.

How many truly enlightened people do you figure there are?

I suspect very few. The Dalia Lama's oracle Khandro La is recognised as a true Dakini. Perhaps more enlightened than any others walking today. But fully enlightened Buddha's are very rare.

It just seems to be some imaginary goal

I would have agreed with you until things happened in my life that I couldn't explain. So I started meditating with an open mind to try discover truth and from those meditations realised that spirituality exists. From a Buddhist perspective if you are not ready for spirituality then its matters not. When your soul is ready, it will inform you.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thanks chr0naut, appreciate your input. The book of Numbers describes the vows of the Nazarene's in 1400 B.C. It really doesn't describe the vows of Nazarene's in Jesus time. Excavations of Essene community in southern Israel found no evidence of animal bones at all. So certain sects may have had different views on vegetarianism as do Rabbi's today on Jewish Vegetarianism.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

That makes perfect sense that its a by-product rather than a prerequisite. Thanks Blueman12 : )

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

More so me. Thanks kelbtalfenek

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Plant life is usually resilient, some more so then others like grass and is said to have the most energy in the food chain since it photosynthesizes it own food from a direct source of energy. Then the further up the food chain, the amount of energy gets transferred less an less.

I don't doubt plant life has a form awareness where to us it simple an inert, but it could just as complicated as any other form of life. Some forests are literally nervous systems and are in communication with each other, while there are actual carnivous and toxic plants.

What about fish, they are considered an alternative and are usually fed by a variety of animals, and yet the lights are on but no body home the way we see them. And yet they seem very aware of their environment like notice movement in the water like fly does with air.

As for religion, Jesus was said to fed a village or a mass of people who couldn't find any fish and make bread appear out of no where. Last time I check the bread was his body, and his blood was wine if had fish for his last meal?

edit on 25-8-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Oh yea don't forget about sacrificing animals and children and not eating them to scare evil spirits and make rain was to have worked back then.

Wow what a waste.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Im sorry, but all I hear throughout all of those words is a variant on Monty Python.

I think that the Python team copied and parodied things. Not particularly deep or meaningful, but quite funny.

The Nazirite vow just isn't as funny, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

I always felt the "God" of the old testament of the bible was a very controlling,demanding and cruel god. Actions like killing the oldest son, and requiring animal sacrifices, as well as selecting a chosen people.He is the antithesis of Jesus, the two just do not jive, there is something amiss there.

You got it wrong. Brahma is responsible for every death and all suffering.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Samson was vegan, and so am I. Ive also heard Noah was too

Do you have a source for that?

Samson was a Jew who had taken the Nazirite oath (but kept breaking it) and would have avoided 'unclean' meats but that doesn't equal Vegan.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I always felt the "God" of the old testament of the bible was a very controlling,demanding and cruel god. Actions like killing the oldest son, and requiring animal sacrifices, as well as selecting a chosen people.He is the antithesis of Jesus, the two just do not jive, there is something amiss there.

Be careful who you smiting Chr0naut. Brahma and his consort Saraswati could very well be Abraham and his wife Sarah.

‘This man’, answered Aristotle, ‘was by birth a Jew, and came from Celesyria; these Jews are descended from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani’.”
— Josephus (c.90AD), Selected Works (pg. 65)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No. It is a trick of Satan to make people eat only vegetables & fruit. It makes them weak & then they fail at being spiritually strong.

Eat Beef steaks. Rare. Every week.

Just do it

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

If this is true then Jesus was an Essene that followed a strictly vegetarian diet and rejected all animal sacrifices.

Nah... Jesus definitely ate fish... and lamb... probably other meats as well

Luke 22
Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.
8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

originally posted by: chr0naut

Be careful who you smiting Chr0naut. Brahma and his consort Saraswati could very well be Abraham and his wife Sarah.

‘This man’, answered Aristotle, ‘was by birth a Jew, and came from Celesyria; these Jews are descended from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani’.”
— Josephus (c.90AD), Selected Works (pg. 65)

Abraham and his wife Sarah were entirely human.

Are you suggesting Brahma, as a creative deity, is a fraud?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: glend
You forget to mention Pagan Greek's gods favorite food is Ambrosia, harnessed from the horn of magical goat named Amalthea, the foster-mother of Zeus.

Speaking of Food:
Ancient Eygypt god, Ra ate chicken or duck and beef. This is evidence through the offering.
Maahes – A lion god, son of Bastet is exclusively meat eater.
Crocodile god Sobek's diet is also meat.

Some gods, feast on Human's soul, but I'm not going to scare you with them. Lol.

edit on 10-9-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yes Luke does say that but I am of the belief that Christianity evolved to make it more desirable to richer Roman tastes. Perhaps they thought 60% of Christianity is better than none.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
what matters is if you are happy with what you eat. just like religion people should be happy and content with their religions.this is a very nice thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join