It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of 4,000-year-old lost city with 230-foot-tall pyramid and pits filled with human SKULLS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

Exactly...Oh, 13,000 year old megoliths? Temple for religious rituals. 30kyo realistic cave paintings? Religious ritual....rinse and repeat

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Gobekli Tepe is at least 12K years old, though.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject
a reply to: Raggedyman

Gobekli Tepe is at least 12K years old, though.

Providing that the dating methods are accurate and I don't believe they are

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Is it just me, or are they finding a lot ore sacrificial stuff lately? Heard of another location, Mayan, maybe?, with a lot of bones found, some seriously busy sacrificial activity, and now this? Creepy find.

There is much we do not know about the past. Far more that we know, is my guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Groot

and several pits filled with sacrificial human skulls.

I hate when they do this. They have no idea why the skulls are all together ... so it must be some perverted ritual.

If you unearth a crematorium in a thousand years ... will they claim it was sacrifices to the Sun God?

It simply could be a different burial practice but hey, that does not make the public go wow and without the wow factor, they don't receive any huge stashes of grant money.

Typical BS.

P

Just what I have said for ages now. They look at small clues, and make huge assumptions at times, and we are supposed to treat those as proven fact. I joked years ago about how archaeologists might treat all of those weird golden arches, all over the place.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Consider out burial practice in the West.

We drain the body of blood, fill it with formaldehyde, put it in an ornate box ... and bury it.

So, what if their burial practice was to remove the head as the most important (to them) part of the body and (with a lovely ceremony ) carefully place the head with the other heads of the ancestors.

The Conquistadors destroyed the history and since they were raping and pillaging an entire culture, they sent back reports that made the local cultures seem shockingly terrible.

Remember that half of the wealth went to the Holy Roman Catholic Church who did things like burn people at the stake.

I do not trust our current version of history.

P

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

They didn't have anything better to do back then. No hard labor or anything. The wheel was invented as an tribute to the sky gods.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Should be noted that it is NOT a pyramid, and not even a man-made structure. It is a terraformed hill. They are dramatically overselling to say that they have found a "pyramid."

www.news.com.au... 9c06f620cf938d5cefddfe
It’s not a pyramid in the traditional sense. Its sides are not straight or equal. And it was moulded out of a hill, given its shape with rammed-earth and given strength by stone retaining walls.
edit on 5-10-2018 by cachibatches because: forgot italics

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join