It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats poised to limit influence of superdelegates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Democrats having a big meeting in Chicago to determine what to do about the "SuperDelegate" problem that plagued the DNC system in 2016.

When the email scandal hit, it was discovered the DNC in general was all for Hillary and snubbed Bernie.

The Superdelegates apparently were already set up for Clinton as it were.

Now they want the SDs to not be so "vocal" at the next convention after all the primaries.

They think stopping SDs from voting on round 1 will prevent any future "pre-determined" scuttlebutt in the primary elections starting in 2020.

This means they seem to be admitting their own systems are "riggable" πŸ˜ƒ

Good Luck and the best to ya

Democrats poised to limit influence of superdelegates in presidential nominating system

CHICAGO – Democrats gathering in Chicago this weekend are poised to formalize several significant changes to their presidential nominating system to repair relations with rank and file members who felt bamboozled by the 2016 selection process, and ultimately, they hope, win back the White House.

These Democratic National Committee members are moving with exacting deliberation on changes, likely to be approved Saturday, to a system that just two years ago was criticized as unfair and corrupt.

The most noteworthy of these fixes is a plan to limit the influence of the party’s most high-profile members – often called superdelegates. These officials – governors, members of Congress, mayors and others – represent 15 percent of the overall delegate count that determine the presidential nominee.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So now they want to "bamboozle" the rank-and-file members, without them realizing that they're being bamboozled?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

So you are saying that they still need to rig the primary. But not be so obvious about it that it doesn't seem they are rigging it.

I don't think they should worry about it.

After all, when they stole the primary from Bernie nobody cared.

Carry on!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If anyone still relies on the DNC to work for them, I mean they admitted in court that they don't have to go with the popular vote to pick a candidate, which means screw your vote your stupid. I just don't think the DNC will last much longer, people can't be that stupid, can they? At least the RNC spoke for the republican voters.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think they realize that the bernie bro's and progressives want nothing to do with the DNC establishment

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

If anyone still relies on the DNC to work for them, I mean they admitted in court that they don't have to go with the popular vote to pick a candidate, which means screw your vote your stupid. I just don't think the DNC will last much longer, people can't be that stupid, can they? At least the RNC spoke for the republican voters.

it's pretty amusing when the DEMOCRATIC party does not choose it's candidate's DEMOCRATICALLY

how dumb do you have to be to participate in that process willingly? pretty damn dumb

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

it's pretty amusing when the DEMOCRATIC party does not choose it's candidate's DEMOCRATICALLY

how dumb do you have to be to participate in that process willingly? pretty damn dumb

They have to get their older constituents back if they want to win. They have pandered to every group but them. So they left to go right.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

DNC is preparing Dims for losses this coming November. I'll start a thread on this new evidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I doubt very much whether any significant change will occur as a result of this, and there is only one way to make sure that the people are represented by someone who will actually work for their interests, and that is for EVERYONE who votes for a democrat, to vote for the SAME democrat, preferably not one in the establishment, one whose message is about empowering the downtrodden, and putting a bootheel across the necks of the power hungry.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Well seeing as the US is a republic choosing them republically might have made sense.

Evolve or die. Darwin's law. Let's see what happens.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I'll channel George Orwell for this one. The DNC is saying this:

Weak or strong, clever or simple, we are all brothers. No animal must ever kill any other animal. All animals are equal.

What they're doing is this:

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.
George Orwell's Animal Farm (wikiquote)

It's all crazy. The Dems system actively undermines the will of the voters by making superdelegates 'first among equals.'

At least the GOP doesn't have that problem and they totally didn't want Trump at first. He was forced on them by the popularity which is how democracy should go - good or bad. Even down to that Nazi guy from Montana (irc) if that's what people want. Let people choose and make efforts to create an 'informed electorate.'

What it all comes down to, and always has imo, is winning. It isn't democracy and it isn't 'doing the right thing.' It's about winning and they're all as bad/low as each other. The GOP would have ditched Trump if they could have won without him and the DNC ditched Clinton in 2008 because Obama had the popular votes too.

Jefferson said a couple of things that are as accurate as Orwell's. First he said,

Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government.
People need to be informed. A second thing he said:

The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Jefferson quotes (A-Z quotes)

The boat sailed loooooooooooooong ago on that last quote.

edit on 8.25.2018 by Kandinsky because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Problem is, there are no non-establishment Democrats.

No such animal.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
How do the Republicans do it? Do they have superdelagates too? How is their process different and why does it work/not work?

new topics

top topics

join