It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporting swamp creature DUNCAN HUNTER throws wife under the bus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
In typical low character, selfish Trump fashion one of the Trump immoral narcissistic followers in the Congress recently indicted for massive campaign finance theft has thrown his own wife under the bus.

Our daunting hero and veteran, the second congressman to support Trump, like the first congressman to support Trump was indicted also last week, shows great courage by blaming his wife for his crimes.

“When I went away to Iraq in 2003, the first time, I gave [Margaret] power of attorney. She handled my finances throughout my entire military career, and that continued on when I got into Congress,” he told Martha MacCallum, effectively blaming his wife for the scandal. “She was also the campaign manager, so whatever she did, that’ll be looked at too, I’m sure, but I didn’t do it.”

A very brave guy isn't he.

California Rep. Duncan Hunter was only one of the four Donald Trump allies slammed by the justice system this week, and possibly the least consequential of the bunch, but according to the unsealed indictment charging him with dozens of counts of campaign-finance fraud, the allegations against him are the most eye-popping. By the diminished standards of a congressman on a government salary, Hunter’s expenses rival Paul Manafort’s lavish lifestyle of rugs and an ostrich jacket: prosecutors allege that Hunter and his wife, Margaret Hunter, used the campaign’s coffers to buy housing supplies from Costco and Target, pay tuition and dental bills for their children, fund a more than $14,000 family vacation to Italy, and spent $250 dollars to bring a pet on a flight—all while racking up personal overdraft fees totaling more than $37,000. (Hunter and his wife have pleaded not guilty.)

www.vanityfair.com...

Trump has not drained the swamp he has flooded it with more slime than anyone in American history

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Good, I'm glad they were caught and are being held accountable.

Good thing they didn't get away with stealing from the white house or something worse.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There's more here. This is the kind of example Trump sets for his followers: corruption, greed and ultimately cowardly blaming others for his own crimes

That does not, however, explain Hunter’s own alleged misuse of campaign funds: spending more than $200 to play golf with friends and describing it as a “Christian thing? with a supporter,” buying expensive dinners (and 30 shots of tequila at one point), and thousands of dollars on activities with people listed as Individuals 14, 15, and 18. They include thousands of dollars spent on a personal vacation with Individual 14 at a Tahoe ski resort; a $162.02 charge for “a personal stay at the Liaison Capitol Hill hotel with Individual 14”; repeated trips to Individual 15’s house; and a $32.27 Uber ride at 7:40 A.M., in Washington, D.C., from Individual 18’s home to Duncan’s office. While the numbered individuals are not identified, speculation immediately turned to a previous report from Politico, back in February, which noted that the federal investigation into Hunter’s finances included numerous inquiries into his relationships with women, including a female lobbyist and an intern Hunter promoted for reasons his office found unclear. (Hunter denied the allegations in the Politico report at the time, calling them “tabloid trash.”) Whatever happened after Hunter threw his wife under the bus clearly did not bring the couple closer together: according to CNN, the two arrived at the courthouse separately, entered the courtroom separately, and “sat four seats apart” during the hearing.

www.vanityfair.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Just goes to show you how self-serving and self-centered our elected officials can be. As if Duncan Hunter wasn't aware of any of those expenditures, yet he took part in the vacations and enjoyed the purchases. The swamp is in Trump's own backyard and he doesn't dare drain it. In Trump's case, if you're loyal to him he'll look the other way.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Trump has not drained the swamp he has flooded it with more slime than anyone in American history

Doubtful, as that doesn't account for the last 50+ years of US political conduct and the spawning of politicians and their lobbyist enablers.

Guilt-by-association is good though, that'll come in handy when the shoe is on the other foot, further ensuring the merry-go-round keeps spinning.

Here is an idea....term limits, eliminate special interests from dictating (there's that word again) domestic & foreign policy.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
GD it!!!

This is the last straw.

IMPEACH Trump RIGHT NOW, OR ELSE!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

So someone who has been in Congress since 2008 is somehow Trump's fault and an example of him flooding the swamp?

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

They appear to have gotten caught and justice will be metted out.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

lol. And so goes the draining of the swamp. I wonder what they would find on all the congressmen. It looks like a precident has been set by this.

$14,000 family vacation to Italy, and spent $250 dollars to bring a pet on a flight—all while racking up personal overdraft fees totaling more than $37,000.

They got him. $51,250. I wonder how much the investigation cost, but most importantly who tipped them off about him? Maybe it is time for an entire 50 State investigation into our Federal Government. We need to stop all forms of federal taxation until the real charade is over. I bet it would be straightened in a year. Since the Federal government is the one's controlling the financing of the citizens taxes, all debt from other countries will be payed out of the slush fund they use to get out of other trouble, once that runs out the remaining debt will be payed by everyone in a leadership position in the Federal Government.
edit on 24-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Maybe it is time for an entire 50 State investigation into our Federal Government.

Oh and now you've done it...

edit on 24-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
He's from California. What do you expect?

Californians are sleazy. Especially the Republican ones.

edit on 8/24/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They have bigger fish to fry, this is just getting to the point of where the true power would lay. It will always lay with the one's that use it.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Maybe it is time for an entire 50 State investigation into our Federal Government.

Should we really include Hawaii in that count? They're racist against mainlanders. Those sumbitches hate how their entire nation was diabolically appropriated by the tyrannical US Federal Government, the nerve those Samoan hippies have thinking against the grain. They're like a mini-Australia out there all on their own, fancy pance island situation, all pissed off at everyone. Damn them!
edit on 24-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A leader creates a climate and sets examples for others. Trump with his massive lying, not releasing his taxes, business corruption all over the place like his FAKE University, bribing woman he has had sex with, sets examples for the people of the nation and other politicians.

Trump is bad news, a horrible exemplar for our children and nation

He is a disgrace and moral leper. His moral disease spreads like wildfire and brings down the general moral level of the entire nation.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Nice try

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Damn it you skipped past my edit I added in there, dancing around the issue I'm on to you buster.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Hey.
Didn't I tell you not to do that?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I hate that phrase, "throwing someone under a bus". People just throw that phrase around all the time without realizing how hard it actually is. People are heavy, and getting the timing right takes skill, too soon and the driver stops, too late and they hit the side and just bounce off the side back at you.

It really takes away from those of us that have the skill to successfully through a person under a bus.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Havent you gathered by now I dont recognize Authority Figures, not even the wannebe type versions?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

But what is its not merely figurative?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join