It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police taser man holding a 2 month old baby

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I bet the cops end up saying the guy was out of control and the child was in danger. Yeah, he was in danger alright...from the taser.

Noise complaint. Thats it. What exactly is too loud? What device did the cop use to measure the decibel level? Drunk in public? In his own yard? I swear, cops just make stuff up and know they will get away with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
all I know is our government is totally out of control and the employee's who work for it think (and do) have ultimate power to do and get away with whatever they want and they will protect each other to keep their pensions

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Here I would ask how you know, were you there?

The man was charged because he was holding the child when tasered. In the article. I can read.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
this guy used his child as a shield, and you are defending him.

I don't understand.
edit on 24-8-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

define using your child as a shield as it relates to this story in clear terms
edit on 24-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

this guy used his child as a shield, and you are defending him.

I don't understand.

Don't try to turn it back on me because you didn't read.

And I don't care if the police and people want to attack each other. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That man did nothing wrong, but be a little loud. A good cop would have just said “ keep the noise down..

a good parent wouldn't grab their infant child as a shield during a confrontation with the police.
the loser parent got tazed. that was funny.
unfortunatly he has children.

I'm gonna have to go with you on this one. I can't help but fear for the future integrity of the human gene pool.

No, the cop shouldn't have tasered this pillar of intellectualism and genetic integrity while he was holding the kid, and his law enforcement career should should come to a sudden and unceremonious end. The D.A. should definitely make an example of him.

That being said, Jesus Christ.

I ask you, what low-life sorry excuse for a puddle of p*ss would ever, EVER, E-V-E-R, in the middle of a confrontation, or even a POTENTIAL confrontation with police, ESPECIALLY if he is a loudmouth a**hole, think to himself "You know what? This would go a lot better if I was holding my 2 month old infant. Yep. I think I'd be much more intimidating to all the gentlemen standing before me with holstered firearms if there was a 2 month old baby between me and them".

Give me a break. Hell, I kept thinking that the elderly black lady might just bitch-slap him on general principle.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Did he have the reasonable expectation of violence ???

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Here I would ask how you know, were you there?

The man was charged because he was holding the child when tasered. In the article. I can read.

Yeah I can read too. That doesn't really answer the question though does it. I can tell some reporter anything I want, that doesn't mean it's true. I mean for me I thought it was pretty convenient that mom just happened to be there at that exact moment just before he fell down to grab that child. Still I wasn't there so maybe she did have such perfect timing, especially for someone who was told a number of times to step back. But as I said I wasn't there.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Did he have the reasonable expectation of violence ???

I don't know what that idiot was thinking, but what kind of idiot suddenly decides, just as a confrontation is escalating, that this would be the best and safest place for my 2 month old?

I'll put it this way, if you were in his place, is that what you would have done?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I can agree that people are ignorant if they think that when the police show up that someone is not going to get hurt or hauled off.

Sorta like trick or treat - don't want to leave the house empty handed.

People do the darnedest things.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
But quite honestly if cops aren’t willing to try and deescalate a situation, and our always concerned about their safety first.. they need to be in a different line of work. They are dealing with situations with way too much aggression ..escalating problems, instead of dealing with them peacefully.

100% agree with the above. It seems to me that there's a very strong growing police culture which tends to reject the idea that a cop should actually try and peacefully deescalate a situation by actually speaking nicely and without immediately making demands. In so many of these types of videos I see how easily the violent outcome could have easily been avoided had the cop just been a little more patient, courteous and tactful in their communication. The culture has to change and better social training of recruits implemented.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

That man did nothing wrong, but be a little loud. A good cop would have just said “ keep the noise down..

a good parent wouldn't grab their infant child as a shield during a confrontation with the police.
the loser parent got tazed. that was funny.
unfortunatly he has children.
dont be unencumbered by the thought process bro

You're tellin on yourself bud....time to get a clue what thus life is for...gadang dude have you lost all the good sense God gave ya?!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I can agree that people are ignorant if they think that when the police show up that someone is not going to get hurt or hauled off.

Sorta like trick or treat - don't want to leave the house empty handed.

People do the darnedest things.

Hmm. Touche. On the other hand, however, what is it that makes regular, nice, everyday, run-of-the-mill, upstanding white trash into belligerent neanderthals whenever cops show up?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

originally posted by: Sheye
But quite honestly if cops aren’t willing to try and deescalate a situation, and our always concerned about their safety first.. they need to be in a different line of work. They are dealing with situations with way too much aggression ..escalating problems, instead of dealing with them peacefully.

100% agree with the above. It seems to me that there's a very strong growing police culture which tends to reject the idea that a cop should actually try and peacefully deescalate a situation by actually speaking nicely and without immediately making demands. In so many of these types of videos I see how easily the violent outcome could have easily been avoided had the cop just been a little more patient, courteous and tactful in their communication. The culture has to change and better social training of recruits implemented.

Yeah that or people stop being a@@holes and try treating cops with respect. You know stop all I know my rights and simple respond like an adult. Funny thing is I have had a few meetings with police and never once had them even touch a taser. Plus they can talk all day and get I know my rights back. Acting passive breeds aggression. This guy was pretty clear, this is my yard you have no right to be here asking me questions. Guess what folks you don't have the right to do whatever you want just because it's your yard. And if a complaint is called in to police they have every right to come on your property and ask you questions. Don't want to go to jail just answer the damn questions LIKE AN ADULT, NOT LIKE A SPOILED CHILD. It's that simple

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

edit on 24-8-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Beats me. In this case it seems a crock pot was some item immense value and no one was going to say it was otherwise.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA
Sure that'd be nice too - but let's be realistic - people in general aren't always the brightest, calmest and most rational - especially in situations involving authority and potential conflict. But they're not the ones with professional training and in many cases are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs - which doesn't always make them a threat - it just requires a little more patience on the cops part in dealing with them. Too often though it seems the cops just don't have the patience, and don't want to be seen by their colleagues as looking weak in dealing with the situation - so they over-compensate by coming out all "hard-as-nails" and leaving very little room for a peaceful resolution.

Again, it'd be nice if citizens didn't act like idiots as well - but in my eyes the fact that they don't is no excuse for cops to not try do a little better.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Sure that'd be nice too - but let's be realistic - people in general aren't always the brightest, calmest and most rational - especially in situations involving authority and potential conflict. But they're not the ones with professional training and in many cases are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs - which doesn't always make them a threat - it just requires a little more patience on the cops part in dealing with them. Too often though it seems the cops just don't have the patience, and don't want to be seen by their colleagues as looking weak in dealing with the situation - so they over-compensate by coming out all "hard-as-nails" and leaving very little room for a peaceful resolution.

Again, it'd be nice if citizens didn't act like idiots as well - but in my eyes the fact that they don't is no excuse for cops to not try do a little better.

I'm not sure here but you do know that cops are people right? Training doesn't mean they're any less human. When confronted with violence don't always have the choice to calm things down. Remember they don't show up yelling at people. It's the people that they make contact with that decide how that's going to go. All cops can do is react.

Oh yeah and who ever said they should change jobs, being a cop does not mean you have to be shot at before defending yourself. It also doesn't take away their right to go home after work. It just means they get paid to deal with the scum bags so the rest of us don't have to.

With that I'm out,if you can't see the foolishness in the way this father acted by now, and still think the cops were totally wrong by now, you never will. So go ahead and hate cops all you like. Just do the rest of us a favor, next time you need help DON'T call 911. You might be taking a cop away from a truly important call, like a cat in a tree or something.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

You might be taking a cop away from a truly important call, like a cat in a tree or something.

Or investigating a damaged crockpot that ends in an innocent man being tasered.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join