It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels Pompeo trip to North Korea, cites lack of 'sufficient progress' on denuclearization

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I'm getting sick of our political climate, I'll be the first to say overall, Trump is a mixed bag, and I'm leaning towards not being thrilled with him.

But the fact everyone will just go out of their way to make any positives fail so they can celebrate when it does is just bad for the country.

Like wtf kind of "principle" would drive someone to happiness when they are happy the longest ongoing war in our history continues?

I guess the same people who think Obama was a knight when he war mongered as hard as Bush.

Both parties sabotage each other and wonder why politics are stagnant or just a series of doing things then reversing them when power is gained.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The President is Playing Poker with Lil Kim , and he sitting on a Straight Flush to Kim's Two Pair . Give it Economic Time , and President Trump Will OWN North Korea.............

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Ohanka

I'm getting sick of our political climate, I'll be the first to say overall, Trump is a mixed bag, and I'm leaning towards not being thrilled with him.

But the fact everyone will just go out of their way to make any positives fail so they can celebrate when it does is just bad for the country.

Like wtf kind of "principle" would drive someone to happiness when they are happy the longest ongoing war in our history continues?

I guess the same people who think Obama was a knight when he war mongered as hard as Bush.

Both parties sabotage each other and wonder why politics are stagnant or just a series of doing things then reversing them when power is gained.

Reposted for those that may have missed this great point.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: avgguy

Still more progress than every other before him

Oh I'm sure his supporters are deluded enough to think so. I think Donny deserves a participation medal.

Please detail how much progress Obama, Bush or Clinton did with North Korea.

You know, just to give your thread some context.

Thank you in advance and no I don't expect a reply from you because the evidence would show that you are just a political hack.

I have to ask though... why do you have an American flag in your avatar when reading your posts it appears that you would like nothing more then for it to fail and be remade?

edit on 24-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
No matter what happens Trump won..

He got 3 American hostages released and the remains of all of those vets returned.

America already won.

The fact you dont get that shows how slow you really are..

Oh yeah... I bet the North Korean regime is just totally gutted about giving all that up right now.

They released 3 prisoners, who essentially meant nothing to anybody of significance... and gave back some remains of soldiers who died in a war that happened 60 years ago.

They must be drowning in Trumps glory right now.

edit on 24-8-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Blaming your president for other country's president mistakes. How stupid is that.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

So has there been any progress at all with North Korea since President Trump took office? If there has, then I suppose progress is progress right? Better than the stagnation of progress or more accurately, the reverse progress we've experienced in the proceeding decades?

During the Obama administration, North Korea detonated two nuclear weapons; one in 2009, and one in 2016.

During just the first two years of the Trump administration, North Korea has conducted three nuclear tests, one of which appears to have actually been not just a nuclear device (an atomic weapon) but in fact, a thermonuclear weapon; a hydrogen bomb.

In fact, the thermonuclear device detonated produced an explosion so large that it effectively destroyed the country’s primary (but perhaps, not its only) testing site.

Additionally, during Trump’s administration, North Korea has also apparently developed the ICBM technology necessary to strike virtually any target in the continental US; a capability it decidedly lacked during prior administrations.

But then,

Progress is progress.

Right?
edit on 24-8-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I've made no secret of the fact I don't particularly like the Donald. Simple truth, I don't.

But I'm not going to root for him to fail, because if he fails, then we all fail.

I desperately wanted Obama to succeed, even though I didn't much like his politics. But that's crow I'd have happily eaten.

This sort of gloating is getting quite old. It got old during the Obama administration, it's old now.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I've made no secret of the fact I don't particularly like the Donald. Simple truth, I don't.

But I'm not going to root for him to fail, because if he fails, then we all fail.

I desperately wanted Obama to succeed, even though I didn't much like his politics. But that's crow I'd have happily eaten.

This sort of gloating is getting quite old. It got old during the Obama administration, it's old now.

In other words, you mean you're not like the guy who made this thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Remember that personal insults and making it about each other is also not allowed in the Pit. Stick to the topic please.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

So has there been any progress at all with North Korea since President Trump took office? If there has, then I suppose progress is progress right? Better than the stagnation of progress or more accurately, the reverse progress we've experienced in the proceeding decades?

During the Obama administration, North Korea detonated two nuclear weapons; one in 2009, and one in 2016.

During just the first two years of the Trump administration, North Korea has conducted three nuclear tests, one of which appears to have actually been not just a nuclear device (an atomic weapon) but in fact, a thermonuclear weapon; a hydrogen bomb.

In fact, the thermonuclear device detonated produced an explosion so large that it effectively destroyed the country’s primary (but perhaps, not its only) testing site.

Additionally, during Trump’s administration, North Korea has also apparently developed the ICBM technology necessary to strike virtually any target in the continental US; a capability it decidedly lacked during prior administrations.

But then,

Progress is progress.

Right?

Question. Did these incidents happen before or after President Trump's meeting with North Korea?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The candidate with the most money towards their campaign wins 90% of the time.

Campaigns are breaking records while information becomes more accessible.

We have politicians getting rich while and after they leave office.

F everyone's party. All our presidents have mostly sucked for the last few decades, and they keep selling off our country while salaries and wages have stayed stagnant for the middle class.

And it's all thanks to people who care more about their winning than platform or issue based politics.

Party>principles.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So basically your saying that Trump was right to increase our Military Spending. I agree.

That meeting between Trump and Kim was a reaching out to Kim. In person. The last gesture of peace from the U.S. At least Trump met face to face with the enemy. Unlike other Presidents. George Bush didn't meet with Saddam, when Saddam said that the soldiers didn't have to die, they could settle it with a duel. Cowards. Besides Trump, what other President wanted peace that much. Our troops are withdrawing and coming home. Peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Oh, oh, then Trump won't get the NOBEL peace prize?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Oh, oh, then Trump won't get the NOBEL peace prize?

He went ahead and took the prize anyway. The Don don't answer to NO ONE!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I try, not always successfully, to give credit where credit is due.

I went into the 2016 elections having no intention of voting for either Trump, or what's her name, or any of the "major" 3rd party candidates.

I didn't.

In the past two years, I've been forced to, to a point, moderate my stance on Trump. He's done some things I like, leaving me pleasantly surprised, and some things I didn't like, which didn't surprise me in the least...

I don't like him. At all. But, I'm forced to give credit, where credit is due.

Doesn't mean I'm going to vote for the man...the idea still doesn't sit well with my supper...ewe.

But.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Too true.

...and there's no one to blame but ourselves, is there?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Trump isn't trying to gut North Korea. He isn't trying to bask in the glory. Normal politicians would be basking and then moving on if they had gotten as far as Trump did with NK. Politicians want people to ignore the follow-ups and just worry about the next headline or campaign bullet point. A good quality about Trump is he will call it out when progress hasn't gone to his satisfaction, even if it's through his twitter account. This presidency has more transparency than any before.

Trump is trying to put the past behind and give NK a chance to move into the first world. All of the big players have to be on board with their part. This involves more than just the U.S., SK, and NK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join