It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels Pompeo trip to North Korea, cites lack of 'sufficient progress' on denuclearization

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Say it ain't so Donny!

President Donald Trump on Friday announced on Twitter that he had asked his secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, to cancel a planned trip to North Korea because there had not been enough progress in denuclearization talks so far.

Trump's tweets also indicated that he holds China responsible in part for the lack of progress. "I do not believe they are helping with the process of denuclearization as they once were," Trump wrote, and claimed the shortage of help was "because of our much tougher Trading stance with China."

Source

Look... he's upfront about it in the least, I'll give him a bud for that alone. Surely we didn't know that North Korea has being playing these games for years is it? Surely we didn't expect them to the break deal given the fact there was no real deal or commitment signed on back at the Singapore summit in the first place?? What was the point? Media attention?

These babies are about to drop further so get em' while they're hot!

This was never about peace. If it was we wouldn't be having continued bombings in Yemen, Pakistan and Syria. We wouldn't be increasing our use of friggin drones abroad. We wouldn't be going out of way to maintain hostility with other nations (Iran) and we wouldn't be commenting about invading nations like Venezuela. This was all about Trump's ego and his supporters pushed for that on this very forum not too long ago. Here are the fruits of Trump's magical deal making... the kind of deal making we've all been told about! Fantastic! Carry on!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Still more progress than every other before him 🤷🏻‍♂️

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Still more progress than every other before him

Oh I'm sure his supporters are deluded enough to think so. I think Donny deserves a participation medal.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

How much did Obama get done?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

He didn't have to get anything done. That's how much!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I knew Fat Kim was too stupid and selfish to make his promises happen about de-nuking NK.

Lets just blame it on Trump! Nevermind where the blame really lies, and how Fat Kim will keep eating cake and caviar while the rest of the country has all their bones showing through their skins, so Fat Kim can afford to keep those weapons programs flowing

edit on 24-8-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I knew Fat Kim was too stupid and selfish to make his promises happen about de-nuking NK.

If even you knew this, what does that say about Trump and his Administration? And his supporters?

hmm.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So has there been any progress at all with North Korea since President Trump took office? If there has, then I suppose progress is progress right? Better than the stagnation of progress or more accurately, the reverse progress we've experienced in the proceeding decades?

True, perhaps President Trump had expected the deal he made would follow through as long as the other players did their part. Wouldnt that though depend on the other players actually going through with their agreements?

It is therefore very accurate of President Trump to announce that China is in a word, 'reneging' on the North Korea deal in order to gain leverage on our trade deals with her.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Seems like Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do.
Meet with Kim, try for peace, give nothing until he sees progress, act if he doesn't see progress.
Isn't that what he said he would do?
What exactly is your beef OP?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What, in the past 50 years has any other President accomplished in regards to North Korea??

I daresay, not a hell of a lot.

...and this particular episode is still early days yet. I know you, and others, remain hopeful that it'll be an utter failure, and it may well end up being so, but it's not yet.

link   
No matter what happens Trump won..

He got 3 American hostages released and the remains of all of those vets returned.

America already won.

The fact you dont get that shows how slow you really are..

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's not a beef, it's gloating at what he sees as failure. It's not, but that's what they seem to want.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Still more progress than every other before him

Oh I'm sure his supporters are deluded enough to think so. I think Donny deserves a participation medal.

If he was the only one that participated then yup.

Lets say Clinton, Bush, Obama and President Trump was in a compitition on who can get North Korea to denuclearization. If the only person of that group that actually participated and made any kind of headway was President Trump then shouldn't he get the medal?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

He didn't have to get anything done. That's how much!

What a very stupid answer. Im sorry I'm not calling you stupid personally but this answer of yours is just very ignorant. I'd even say you are trolling your own thread with rhis post.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Maybe there aren't enough hotties in NK for Trump, plus the fact he may end up with the name pocket rocket man.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: UKTruth

It's not a beef, it's gloating at what he sees as failure. It's not, but that's what they seem to want.

I guess, but it's really hard to understand the thought process of these people. As has been mentioned, hostages were released and soldiers remains returned. The whole process is still in train too - we don't know how it will turn out.
These people who yearn for failure and try to preempt it to make themselves feel somehow vindicated (in their own minds) are truly weird.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Sounds like you’re a little butt hurt?

link   

I was waiting for someone to celebrate the thought North Korea would renege just to make Trump look bad.

Because the partisans only care that they're in power.

link   
Big thank you to America's Democrats for derailing the only serious attempt at diplomacy and peaceful coexistence with North Korea in 2 decades. Well done.

Hope you're proud of yourselves.

Gotta keep your warmonger arms industry friends happy I suppose.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I look forward to any responses you have to all of the posts I have made to your OP. However to be honest, I really dont think you have the gonads.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join