It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"...not everyone who gets their period is a woman..." Reality or Mental illness??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And I will state categorically anyone that would pump themsevles full of big pharmaceuticals, and spend thousands of dollars on cosmetic surgery is uneqivocally NUTZ.

As old guy once said.

To thine own self be true.

It's beyond ludicrous for a group of people that don't accept themselves expecting others to just 'because'.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Trigger much?

I really am sympathetic to this person's viewpoint and struggles

People should not be treated with contempt, just because their lifestyle is different than someone else's.

Anti-trans bigotry exists and it's wrong. You should still treat all people with respect

You need to comprehend what you read, because I definitely DID NOT call Transgender people "crazy freaks." Have a great day and you need a new watch!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Uh Huh. That’s what I thought you’d say. Soooo predictable.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The mainstream medical community all agree that it’s not a mental illness.

Period. End of story.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Period. End of story.

Men don't have periods. End of story.

link   
If you think you are right and somebody else is wrong then you learned nothing. Everyone has there own truths. If they do not want to conform to your thought process the tuff cookies, get over it and just enjoy the ride.

You do know we die in the end right? Only God judges and you better hope you are on the right side.

God is love, he accepts all his children and there way of thinking... He did make them that way after all.

+7 more 
link   

a reply to: neo96

the mainstream medical community all agree that it’s not a mental illness.

Period. End of story.

They also believed that pot had no medicinal value..
edit on 24-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

And the earth was flat.

The earth was the center of the universe.

And the CLimate is out to git us.

And all anyone has to do to be called the opposite sex is ignore DNA, and dress appropriately.

They sure love to hijack science when it suits their agendas.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

This thread should be linked to the "Front Hole" thread.

I'm confused now too DB.

bally

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If you are still getting your period then biologically you are still a woman- whether you live your life as a man or not. When you get sexual reassignment surgery and sport a penis instead of a vagina then biologically you are a man.

Some days I feel with all of my being that I am a potato: I act just like a potato, probably look like one too, but that doesn't make me a potato.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

As long as I don't have to pay for it, I don't really care what people do. My thought is when sex change becomes medically possible then that's the point it no longer is a mental illness. It is not unrealistic to believe that.

A much more pressing question in my mind concerns children. Pediatric gender dysphoria is often encouraged by parents and treated with puberty blockers. Is this child abuse? I believe in most cases it is. Then you need to ask if the parent that encourages this is mentally ill. If the child becomes damaged by these efforts, then they do have an illness.

We should examine these conditions in light of facts like: how likely are they to commit suicide when they pursue this behavior?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

(Checks calendar) Yep, it’s about time for another “Transgender people are a bunch of crazy freaks” thread. I could set my watch by you guys...

I agree.

Instead of addressing the topic, which is really societie's acceptance or lack thereof of such a statement that men can have periods, we'll just bash transgenders instead. Predictable.

How do you reconcile this Kaylaluv? An overwhelming number of persons would likely agree that a man cannot have a period because a period is a physical event tied to the body, but I've read many times the explanation that a gender is a mind related aspect and not tied to the physical body.

It seems to me like in order to agree with this claim (men can have periods), we need to first accept that a man or woman is not tied to their sex.

I visited a psychologist just yesterday who in less than five sentences and ten minutes of time diagnosed my son as having bipolar disorder.

Yet how can such a mildly-affecting disorder be a certainty while an an extremely visible, always present gender complexity NOT be?

It seems like some disorders are explained away due to politics, as that WHO quote in the OP exposes.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I will always think of you as a potato.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I will always think of you as a potato.

Thank you!
That means the world to me!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

People should be free to be who they want to be.

Period.

link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
This topic is getting a lot of attention. People are still debating whether gender dysphoria is a mental illness or not. The World Health Organization (WHO) at one point did classify it as a mental illness, but later removed 'Gender Dysphoria' from the list of mental disorders, sometime in 2018. Why did WHO do this?

The WHO expects this move to help remove stigma and make transgender people more socially acceptable (although this idea says something about people with mental illnesses not being socially acceptable). In turn, removing stigma could help to reduce violence against trans people, says Vanessa Victoria Crespo, counsellor and advocate at the New York City Anti-Violence Project (AVP).

www.refinery29.com...

Hey, I get that some people are confused on who they are and struggle to be comfortable in their own skin, but does that mean they don't have a mental illness? I've been suffering on and off again from anxiety and depression for many years and it's no picnic. However, I realized that I had issues and seeked professional help and counseling. I deal with my depression, by taking medication and working out. I've never cared less about being 'stigmatized' or what other people thought of me, when they found out I had some 'mental' issues. I just wanted to be well. So, tell me, is this a 'well' person who made this statement?

I am a nonbinary trans menstruator ― someone with a uterus that bleeds monthly, but who identifies outside of the fixed categories of male and female. Because of that, I have to navigate the challenges of getting my period every month in a world that refuses to acknowledge that not everyone who gets their period is a woman, and not every woman gets their period.

The representation of periods in the media has never matched the reality, but that’s even more true when you’re a trans person just looking for something that doesn’t scream, “You’re a W-O-M-A-N.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I really am sympathetic to this person's viewpoint and struggles, but the fact is, she is a woman. It's my opinion and that of many Americans, that transgenderism is a mental illness, because trans people are manufacturing their own kind of reality, complete with their own set of pronouns and identity labels. People should not be treated with contempt, just because their lifestyle is different than someone else's. They should be free to do whatever they want, as long as they don't disrespect or hurt anyone. Personally, I could care less with a woman who dresses and acts like a man, or a man who dresses or acts like a woman. They're free to live their life as they choose. That shouldn't mean that I should be viewed as a 'bigot' or a 'hateful' person, just because I feel that they're suffering from a mental illness. Why should I be forced to use certain labels for them and be viewed as "disrespectful" if I don't? Certain transgender people want people to "ask" them what pronoun to use, when they are addressed. But, what if I forget to ask, or mistakenly call them by the wrong pronoun. Why do trans people view this as being rude or disrespectful, when it was just an honest mistake, from someone confused by this whole concept?

If you must ask which pronoun the person uses, start with your own. For example, "Hi, I'm Alex and I use the pronouns he and him. What about you?" Then use that person's pronoun and encourage others to do so. If you accidentily use the wrong pronoun, apologize quickly and sincerely, then move on. The bigger deal you make out of the situation, the more uncomfortable it is for everyone.

www.glaad.org...

Shouldn't adults be treated like adults, or instead like emotionally weak, little kids whose feelings get hurt easily? How about addressing them by their name and if you make a mistake with their pronoun, why can't this be viewed simply as an honest mistake, instead of a sign of contempt? I believe author, Ryan T Anderson, nailed the problem with the following statement:

But we lose the ability to effectively call out bigotry when all disagreement is condemned as bigoted—and when lies are told in the process.

As I explain in “When Harry Became Sally,” contrary to the claims of activists, sex isn’t “assigned” at birth—and that’s why it can’t be “reassigned.” Sex is a bodily reality that can be recognized well before birth with ultrasound imaging. Cosmetic surgery and cross-sex hormones don’t change the deeper biological reality.

www.theamericanconservative.com...

This is exactly what I and many Americans believe, but we're considered "disrespectful" because we simply disagree. Anti-trans bigotry exists and it's wrong. You should still treat all people with respect, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to accept every cock and bull story out there. If you can't accept that you have a mental illness and instead blame other people and the body you were born with, for all your troubles, then maybe, just maybe the problem is inside your head.

I was supervisor of an ERT male team member...had all male parts...yet had a fistula (opening) and monthly menstrual cycles.

Born male with complicated internal female organs. He had one hell of a life, especially trying to explain it to Drs.

I insisted he bring me proof to support his days off requests. He did from U.S. Navy Drs.

It is real....he led a disturbed and confused life...lonely as well....
MS/EMT
edit on 24-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

link   
**double post removed by me
MS
EMT
edit on 24-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The definition of mental illness is more fluid than gender.

If someone identifies as a lump of coal, my guess is that they still wouldn't enjoy being burnt for electricity production.

Which reminds me, a certain president described coal, burned to generate electricity, as "beautiful and clean". Doesn't that represent some form of dysphoria?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And I will state categorically anyone that would pump themsevles full of big pharmaceuticals, and spend thousands of dollars on cosmetic surgery is uneqivocally NUTZ.

As old guy once said.

To thine own self be true.

It's beyond ludicrous for a group of people that don't accept themselves expecting others to just 'because'.

But carrying a suicide machine is sane?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Period. End of story.

Men don't have periods. End of story.

You had two periods in that last post alone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join