It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M.E. is a Lie and it is Real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
After much thought on what the me is i have concluded that it is simply a means to make you believe a lie. Sort of like someone finding a box in your mind to hide some truth from you.

In other words if someone can get you to believe in an me then that open your mind up for the input of malformed or corrupt information.

It is what we in the past called brain teasers.

Magicians do the same thing with their illusions.

The bigger and more known the lie then the more widespread and reknown the magician or teller is. Even though the magician or teller have no known contact with the lie.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

It is what we in the past called brain teasers

It's what I, in the present, call total pish.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Or maybe, just maybe, memory and pop culture references are fallible and not perfect carbon copies of reality and ME is just bs believed by simpletons.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The imagination was animated from the primordial fog. The stitches in the fog are the intent guided by unthinking forces and the words guide its flow to do the colouring in. The magician gives you the illusion of the dots for you to draw the lines between. The magician ultimately has no real power over your box as you are the one who is putting it in.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would not say simpletons cause it can happen to many people who are not simple.

If someone can get you to a point of confusion or to believe something that is not real then it opens your mind for a lie to be planted.

I agree that the m.e. has explanations.

They claim it is universe changing.

By that some might say that we are universes and the change is just confusion and deception creating an illusion.

So technically the definition they give to m.e. is not wrong but misunderstood.

Thereby if we simply state that the m.e. is not true or it does not exist then we are wrong in stating that and only fuels peoples confusion.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Since we know practically nothing about how memory or reality works, I would say that relying on consensus only gives us a false sense that the issue is somehow "solved."

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Also if somehow anything i say is correct then this could also be the basis of the electric universe.

I can safely say that the majority of us here came for truth and we all have that feeling described by morphous from time to time.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

M.E. is a real phenomenon, it just has nothing to do with alternate realities or alternate times lines.

It's just a thing that happens, due to a combination of pop culture running with an incorrect notion, the inherently fallible (yet normal) human memory, inherently fallible (yet normal) human perception, and the way the human mind tries to associate information with pre-existing information, even when there should be no association between them.

But does M.E. happen? Of course it does.

edit on 24/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Middle Earth?

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis?

Mass Effect?

Messerschmitt?

Middle East?

Montenegro country code?

Millennium Edition?

Methodist Episcopal?

Wut?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
In other words if someone can get you to believe in an me then that open your mind up for the input of malformed or corrupt information.

I fall for most of the ME's however people don't make me believe.
It just means I've fallen for the same tricks as everyone else.

Our minds are easily tricked for a vast range of reasons.

ME's are a real phenomenon just like magic is a real phenomena.

Of course people who think the world has changed because they "know" what they remember are no different to people believing Copperfield can fly because they "know" what they saw.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Middle Earth?

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis?

Mass Effect?

Messerschmitt?

Middle East?

Montenegro country code?

Millennium Edition?

Methodist Episcopal?