It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Bus!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I understand that, but that fact that they had not arrived back to the school with the other kids before you, should absolve you kid of punishment.

I understand the purpose of rules and there is probably a deal with them technically being on school property for their attendance.

The simple fact that is missing from me is that if your service fails then it's on you to make concessions to insure the fallout is lessened. Your kid was already at a point of having to make up their work, they had time lost, which is inevitably going to cause more strain on them, but then they worsen that by giving a secondary punishment, because you took upon yourself to insure your child arrived more expeditiously.

I get the one size fits all approach and rules are rules approach because that's the only way to insure some similance of equality, but as we know one size doesnt fit all. Also, that size often changes depending on friendships and acquaintances. I dare say if you were that ladies friend or a friend with her boss that it would have been easily resolved.

These are people in these positions it shouldn't be too much to ask to use some basics logic to fix the mistake they themselves created.
edit on 8/25/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: KTemplar

Husband did that.

He was more than annoyed at the layers of bureaucracy he had to cut through, but he deals with corporate and government regulatory, so he's used to some at least.

He did talk to the person in charge of routing, and they sounded like they were completely unaware of what was going on.

I relayed my concerns to the school when I was there and sent my own email to the same person my husband talked to. I know other parents have called, but not exactly whom they have spoken to.

It wouldn't be such an issue if the bus were just a bit late. The time interval listed on the bus tag gives me more than enough to get to work even if the bus runs a bit late, but since the school year has started, I've been late every single day, and not just a little late, a *lot* late. And I refuse to leave him standing there. If something happens and he doesn't get on the bus for some reason, I drive 35 minutes one way. Who knows where I could be and he'd be left standing and locked out.

No.

I have to make sure he's either on the bus on his way or at school, not standing there waiting, because of things like today.

I totally understand; can you network with another parent to watch him. Obviously, you have to make sure you can trust them 100%. I did it for many parents, we all had each other’s phone #s just in case.

<< 1   >>

join