It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump asks Pompeo to delay visit to North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just a few days ago I made a thread that new satellite imagery and independent analysis showed that North Korea has halted any progress on the agreements made. The one site that was showing progress hasn't shown any since the beginning of August. This goes along with the news that NK is still building missiles and nuclear fuel. The news in the thread was met with attacks on Reuters, on the analysts and everything else but the actual news.

Donald Trump today asked Pompeo not to make the planned trip to North Korea, citing insufficient progress made.

The surprise announcement appeared to mark a concession by the president to domestic and international concerns that his prior claims of world-altering progress on the peninsula had been strikingly premature.

“I have asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo not to go to North Korea, at this time, because I feel we are not making sufficient progress with respect to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” Trump tweeted Friday, barely two months after his June meeting with the North’s Kim Jong Un in Singapore.

Trump’s comment followed a report issued Monday by the International Atomic Energy Agency outlining “grave concern” about the North’s nuclear program.

My concern has been, from the start of this fiasco, regarding what will happen once NK shows their true colors and the negotiations fall apart due to lies and deception, as is normal for North Korea. What happens when bruised egos come into play after international calls for the Nobel and claims that world peace is upon us?

APNews

My question stems from my concern that all this was a ploy and that an eventual war with NK is the real goal. As we know, North Korea is one of only a couple of countries left that do not have a Federal Reserve bank, down from the 7 countries at the turn of the millennium.

The question is this:

Can impeachment proceedings be started on a sitting President during war? Would Trump start a war in order to prevent an impeachment?

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Khar

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

We questioned that story because their source was a think tank, and an unnamed one at that. As I said in that thread, some think tanks exist purely to get real tanks in countries they "analyze".

Can impeachment proceedings be started on a sitting President during war? Would Trump start a war in order to prevent an impeachment?

Think that would fly with congress?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Trust, but verify.

It's a sound approach to most things in life.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

We questioned that story because their source was a think tank, and an unnamed one at that. As I said in that thread, some think tanks exist purely to get real tanks in countries they "analyze".

And they've once again shown to be accurate. Every time 38 North publishes an analysis, they get attacked for being independent and every time they show to be accurate. They are right once again.

Not personally knowing who they are does not make them unnamed:

38 North is a website devoted to analysis about North Korea.[1] Formerly a program of the US-Korea Institute at Johns Hopkins University's Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, it is now housed at the Stimson Center and is managed by former U.S. Department of State official Joel S. Wit and Managing Editor Jenny Town.[2] Notable contributors include nuclear scientist Sigfried Hecker,[3] former Associated Press Pyongyang Bureau Chief Jean H. Lee,[4] cybersecurity expert James Andrew Lewis,[5] and North Korea Tech founder Martyn Williams.[6]

Maybe we should start listening to them instead of questioning them? They haven't been wrong once.

edit on 24-8-2018 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Touche, I'll eat crow without salt.

Do you really humor the question Trump would start a war with N Korea just so he doesn't get impeached?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Touche, I'll eat crow without salt.

Do you really humor the question Trump would start a war with N Korea just so he doesn't get impeached?

lol fair enough, sir. It is rare to see someone say what you just said on these forums -- much respect. And sorry I have a sick, paralyzed dog that requires my attention so I could not answer the second part right away.

I am not sure if it will fly with Congress or not -- but anything is possible. I am asking more about the legalities, if anyone knows. Can a president be impeached during war? Is starting a war a good way to postpone the indictments?

I do not know an answer to this, but I would not put it past this President. I think he is capable of causing harm to many in order to protect himself -- I would not be surprised. Would it work, though? There is no precedent for this.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes

If we want to lose a war then impeachment at that time would likely do the trick.

So no...

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I am not sure if it will fly with Congress or not -- but anything is possible. I am asking more about the legalities, if anyone knows. Can a president be impeached during war? Is starting a war a good way to postpone the indictments?

I do not know an answer to this, but I would not put it past this President. I think he is capable of causing harm to many in order to protect himself -- I would not be surprised. Would it work, though? There is no precedent for this.

First off, a possible campaign violation is not grounds for impeachment... which seems to be all that is left since Rosenstien stated last month that no Americans were involved in possible election tampering, there is no evidence any vote was changed, collusion isn't a crime and obstruction of justice is off the table.

A campaign violation results in a fine, such as Obama had to pay.

Secondly, if impeachment is started, passes the house, passes congress and he is actually impeached, he wouldn't have to leave office.

The left tends to forget that last part.

Finally, I find it kinda sad that you think he would start a war to stay in office when the left has no problems starting a civil war to get him out.

edit on 24-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

We're all human, sometimes I'm wrong.... Just ask my girlfriend.

I'm not sure on the issue of legality (can a president be impeached during time of war), my guess would be that they could, but I doubt anyone would try at a time of war anyways.

I'll play devils advocate and feed your point, Bolton is about as scummy war hawk as you can get, and everyone knows that, so it makes it hard for me to think it wouldn't happen.

I just don't think congress would let it fly, the only way I see a war with N Korea is if they make the first true move of aggression.
edit on 24-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

We're all human, sometimes I'm wrong.... Just ask my girlfriend.

I'm not sure on the issue of legality, my guess would be that they could, but I doubt anyone would try at a time of war anyways.

I'll play devils advocate and feed your point, Bolton is about as scummy war hawk as you can get, and everyone knows that, so it makes it hard for me to think it wouldn't happen.

I just don't think congress would let it fly, the only way I see a war with N Korea is if they make the first true move of aggression.

Unless that act of aggression becomes a false flag. We know our government is keen on those.

There is Iran and North Korea left. I always thought Iran would be next and then North Korea would be saved for last -- I am not so sure any more. I still feel Iran will be first, but I am less sure of that.

P.S. What's your girlfriend's phone number so that I can ask her?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't think Iran or N Korea are suitable for our kinds of wars these days.

We aren't really in a position to have a conventional full scale war, I think we could do it if we had to, but I don't think we can just to keep the pockets greased of some lobbies.

Iran would risk Russian involvement, N Korea would risk China's involvement. Though if one had to happen, my money would be on Iran, but we would probably proxy it through Israel to buffer ourselves.

Iran (as of late) has had a decent economy and educated and productive populace, should we topple them, they could rebuild. N Korea on the other hand has brainwashed generations of people, so they wouldn't be able to assimilate into the "developed world" easily or quickly, which begs the question, do we keep N Korea as a country afterwards? Does China absorb them, or does Korea unify? It could cripple South Korea to absorb them, and greatly hinder China.

The elephant in the room around N Korea is I think that everyone wants it to just keep existing so long as they don't mess with anyone.

P.S. What's your girlfriend's phone number so that I can ask her?

She'd just get pissed at me.... again. lol
edit on 24-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Trump has played the cards dealt with North Korea about as well as could be played. Hopefully NK sees we aren't bluffing and they really in earnest start to denuclearize at a far faster rate than they have.

Sounds like China is helping them drag their feet as part of our Trade/Tariff Tiff.

Explore every option before you have to resort to the final options with NK.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not all the deep state players have been removed from NK.

The currency counterfeiting operations are too lucrative to just abandon without a last ditch effort.

Deep Dark funding at risk and small country currency "soaking" still needed according to ones with the most to lose.

👥👁

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

you live in la la land... jeez.

you just string together things you may or may not have heard with a dash of conspiratorial make believe magic...

funny a month ago you were all screaming "Nobel Prize" ...
now the deep state is making counterfeits...

the deep state is keeping the wall from being built and health care for all Americans too huh? lock her up! t

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So Trump is not being played and is making an honest attempt at peace while making sure nk is too.

Exactly what I was expecting.

top topics

join