It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#45 as a Distraction to....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I've suspected that all this brouhaha surrounding #45's behavior, demeanor and lack of competence has been a deliberate distraction - a cover for the actual destruction of basic rights and safeguards for the working class and survival of humanity in favor of short term gains for the Elite cadre.

I'm not the only one. For your consideration, Noam Chomsky's take on the subject.

I can't believe you would hold up this video as anything that makes even a little bit of sense. Chomsky should stick to linguistics, he is talking out of his butt here.

Trump didn't start this Russia, Russia, Russia thing we hear everyday for almost 2 years now. He says Trump is purposely trying to push us toward nuclear war while it was Hillary and the never Trump neocons pushing for conflicts in the Ukraine, Crimea, North Korea, all over the middle east and now Africa, as well as staging provocative NATO exercises. Trump is trying to diffuse all that stuff.

As for global warming and pulling out of the French international effort, we can do whatever we are willing to do without paying every developing nation on earth billions and billions of dollars to secure their possible cooperation.

I would say Chomsky is losing it but he has always had nutty, unrealistic opinions about politics.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Well, that is an opinion piece.

I'm willing to say that the Trump administration is doing some things that are not beneficial to the nation as a whole.

butttttttt.... It's not and will not be the end of the world. He is in a temporary position, and many of the things he has done will be undone once he leaves. One thing always stays the same, anytime we have a new president someone says it will ruin the country and it never does.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Yes. Trump's antics are bringing out the worst in a relatively small minority of the people who voted for him. And in so doing, it is enabling an agenda that needs an excuse for censorship and a wholesale disregard for civil liberties.

I believe he's doing it on purpose. Or, if he isn't, he is being quietly manipulated by people who understand what they're doing. Perhaps he's a willing puppet for such people. Whatever the case, he is basically an instigator. He serves as a springboard for political chaos in order to change the state of the world into a highly volatile state that is ripe for drastic and sweeping changes that would ordinarily never be considered to be reasonable.

EDIT - Note that I don't necessarily believe Trump himself will implement any of these drastic changes. Merely that he is providing the inertia that will carry them through.

Yes again. Personally I don't think any elite has it planned out well enough to intentionally have Trump beat Hillary Clinton. But I think Trump is being used by people who are far wealthier and more connected than him, whether he understands it or not. Some people think he's a complete shill, other's think he is an outsider. But the truth must be found in between those two extremes. Trump was a wild card, and I don't think he's an idiot, he's got a sense for certain things and he knows people who can help him even more with their own know-hows. But he will not reverse globalization or the decline of the middle class, two of the biggest implicit promises of the Trump movement.

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

One problem with the working class is that when things get worse for them it also means they have less time and energy to understand what is making things worse for them, so it becomes easier to control them.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think it's horrible that the whole concept of the left in America is tied to one party. And same goes for the right, too. But I don't know how they could be taken apart. It might be better to change the system, to introduce more parties, but of course the system is rigged to favor the two megaparties, and they've become an unofficial part of government that enables a lot of corruption.

Trump is the most perfect blocker I can imagine, to stop the left from scrutinizing itself. And the bonus is, he also keeps the radical right in line.

Maybe after Trump the DNC can change. Or, if Democrats loose the midterms, then maybe they'll have to change. But I don't think they'd change much, even then.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Whether or not they are Trumps doing, they are still problems, so lets just get that out of the way.

The fact you don't like Chomsky doesn't make anything he talked about any less of a problem, and to be honest, I can show you videos of him defending Trump when people aren't talking about the right things, so he has a fine line on jumping on the bandwagon to bash him just to bash him, and bringing up things that need to be talked ab out.

It's fine, Chomsky isn't your cup of tea, he is essentially a pundit, I think we can all agree on that. But I can watch any pundit, know their lean and still take what they say with a grain of salt and know if what they're saying has substance.

Chomsky's video here has substance, IMO. Though, you are welcome to yours as well, either way it won't be the end of the world because of Trump, that said, Chomsky is right in being worried about the issues he brought up, I think he is a little dramatic about it, but still right to be worried.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You presumed a lot of fairy tale facts as the basis for your argument

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
You presumed a lot of fairy tale facts as the basis for your argument

Who did, and what facts in question?

The earth is warming, that's a fact. You could argue the reasons why, but it is. Whether or not you deny that fact won't stop the water from rising.

The geopolitical landscape has helped the doomsday clock get closer to midnight, do you need any other evidence than the two nuclear super powers at different sides of a proxy war? Did you know that generals get to make onsite calls like I don't know, kill over a hundred ruskie contractors? That happened.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You're right, I don't like Chomsky. Yes those things are problems. What to do about them?

Don't make things worse comes to mind. Don't start wars all over the world for no good reason, also try to solve the problems we have already. Up until Trump things were getting worse every year. Trump has solved ISIS, hopefully North Korea, stopped trying to start WWIII with Russia. How is that pushing for nuclear war? What we tried before obviously didn't help.

Chomsky is way off base in this video. Nor does he offer any positive direction.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I can certainly see where you are coming from.

As far as global warming and Russia, he didn't give a clear solution, just the problems.

I would agree with him that there has been too much deregulation that has slipped through under the veil of distractions. I'm not arguing all of that was bad, but I think most of it is. I know some people think that corporations can self govern themselves, that seems ridiculous to me. Others claim that the market will govern them, which I would agree in most cases, but some of these corporations are or are close to being monopolies, so that shoe doesn't always fit.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I have no doubt its a distraction, but for what I have no clue, maybe your right, maybe the trump loyalists are right with all that 4 D chess stuff.

Only time will tell, I called it before the election was final we as a country will be different no matter who wins once the dust settled.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You're probably right. Let's see what happens.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

You're probably right. Let's see what happens.

Well I can tell you if history says anything, we'll get through it, the country won't collapse and we'll figure it as it comes.

I think Trump's legacy is the only thing at risk, but that won't affect me or you, unless it prevents the masses for trying an outsider again. I just hope this country doesn't go back to mainstream politicians for decades to come.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I agree for the most part, but this time is different. It's the social issues and unrest that troubles me most.
It will take at least a decade to recover from the blatant racism that he has encouraged, and condoned. Since the freaks and the most racist among us have been able to act and speak freely with all their hatred against all the minority groups, it's going to be tough going to put all that back in Pandora's box.

I agree the rest can be undone.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Why not? We were previously one of the best countries in the world. A great leader. Despite everything said about mainstream politicians, they've made our country what it is, and for the most part, it's a good thing.

I hope people have learned their lesson about supporting a person who doesn't know anything about running a government as big and as complicated as ours.

edit on 8/24/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The recovery period will be prolonged until both sides realize they are covered in mud, the fact you think the racism has only flowed from one side shows you still have a little contemplating to do.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Why not? We were previously one of the best countries in the world. A great leader. Despite everything said about mainstream politicians, they've made our country what it is.

That was some time ago.

I hope people have learned their lesson about supporting a person who doesn't know anything about running a government as big and has complicated as ours.

You're saying that like we've had someone do a good job in the past few decades.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It will take at least a decade to recover from the blatant racism that he has encouraged, and condoned. Since the freaks and the most racist among us have been able to act and speak freely with all their hatred against all the minority groups, it's going to be tough going to put all that back in Pandora's box.

Because a few hundred idiots did a march? Those have been happening forever, we will always have some ignorant asshats, we're human.

I'm not going to let neo-nazis or ANTIFA define or speak for this country, they are ultra minorities. Don't give them that kind of power.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm sure you, like many of us. realized he was dismantling the government when we saw who he appointed to the cabinets.
Not constructive people, but destructive people. Very destructive people.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Yes. Trump's antics are bringing out the worst in a relatively small minority of the people who voted for him. And in so doing, it is enabling an agenda that needs an excuse for censorship and a wholesale disregard for civil liberties.

I believe he's doing it on purpose. Or, if he isn't, he is being quietly manipulated by people who understand what they're doing. Perhaps he's a willing puppet for such people. Whatever the case, he is basically an instigator. He serves as a springboard for political chaos in order to change the state of the world into a highly volatile state that is ripe for drastic and sweeping changes that would ordinarily never be considered to be reasonable.

EDIT - Note that I don't necessarily believe Trump himself will implement any of these drastic changes. Merely that he is providing the inertia that will carry them through.

Yes again. Personally I don't think any elite has it planned out well enough to intentionally have Trump beat Hillary Clinton. But I think Trump is being used by people who are far wealthier and more connected than him, whether he understands it or not. Some people think he's a complete shill, other's think he is an outsider. But the truth must be found in between those two extremes. Trump was a wild card, and I don't think he's an idiot, he's got a sense for certain things and he knows people who can help him even more with their own know-hows. But he will not reverse globalization or the decline of the middle class, two of the biggest implicit promises of the Trump movement.

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

One problem with the working class is that when things get worse for them it also means they have less time and energy to understand what is making things worse for them, so it becomes easier to control them.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think it's horrible that the whole concept of the left in America is tied to one party. And same goes for the right, too. But I don't know how they could be taken apart. It might be better to change the system, to introduce more parties, but of course the system is rigged to favor the two megaparties, and they've become an unofficial part of government that enables a lot of corruption.

Trump is the most perfect blocker I can imagine, to stop the left from scrutinizing itself. And the bonus is, he also keeps the radical right in line.

Maybe after Trump the DNC can change. Or, if Democrats loose the midterms, then maybe they'll have to change. But I don't think they'd change much, even then.

My pet theory is that (in reality) there actually are no political parties and all of these people are playing roles in a projection that the public totally buys into. IOW, we're all sitting in a gigantic movie theater that is invisible to us. The only question in this theory would be - Why? To what end?
edit on 24-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Chomsky is a hack, eff him, I love how these liberals all fall back on the same crap lines. Explain one thing to me libs. You always say republicans want dirty air and dirty water, so why? why would anyone want dirty air and dirty water are they making money off of it? Get over yourselves already your guy Hillary lost grow up and to quote Obama, "quit whining and go out and win an election"

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
But hasn't this been their play book for a very long time now? Get one side into power, start the slow decline to favor the other side while their terms click along. Then over the next 4-8 years they slowly transition to the other side. All the while we slowly lose our freedoms. Back and forth. Back and forth. Hasn't this been our political history for a while now? The beauty of the 2 party system which answers to the same masters.

Sure there some minor victories that are allowed so the entire game isn't easily uncovered, but the really important stuff knows no party affiliation.

The federal reserve, inflation, printing money out of thin air, war, invading other countries for regime change, reigning in the big investment banks, duel citizenship for politicians, other countries meddling in our affairs with impunity, those things will never be addressed seriously.

Just a dog and pony show with our true masters winning at ever step along the way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join