It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like our boys saw something cool out there

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkguy
Only one was a tech demonstrator..

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: E92M3
B-2 has a huge front gear door, you can see this doesn't.

I don't think the front gear door being visible is a definitive clue one way or the other( I assume you are referencing the larger of the front gear bay doors hinged to starboard and not the smaller squarish door fixed to the landing strut itself ).

Like quite a few AvGeeks at the moment, I've viewed a lot of B-2 pics recently and the larger, saw tooth edged door is often closed after the front gear deploys and while on the ground.

edit on 26-8-2018 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

Actually that was for me at least one thing that stood out. There does not seem to be that large of a door covering the landing gear.
edit on 8/27/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

That's what I meant, I didn't word it well enough.

What was the focal distance of the photo? I could do a 3D render using a B-2 model at the same angle to compare.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Ain't that the truth.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So what's the possible explanation for those widely-spaced nacelles? The B-21 renderings have so far suggested something with deeply buried engines like on an X-47B, and switching from that to engines in B-2 style pods seems like it would be a fairly major design change.

At the same time though, the narrowness and spacing reminds me a ton of the satcom bulges on an RQ-170, although I guess that would completely muddle the entire "[RQ-180 or whatever it's actually called] is a Northrop bird" story, and yet I can't shake the idea that this thing, of you squint, kind of looks like a bigger RQ-170 with skinnier wings. But then you have the details like the clearly-visible bomb bay doors that suggest it's designed to carry a little more than some SAR imager or GORGON STARE follow-on.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's probably gone now, but didn't we have a thread with a digital representation of a large, unmanned bird coming up behind a tanker? It looked like a training simulation for a boomer to practice with. I presumed it represented a 180 but that was just my assumption.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badgermole42

It's probably gone now, but didn't we have a thread with a digital representation of a large, unmanned bird coming up behind a tanker? It looked like a training simulation for a boomer to practice with. I presumed it represented a 180 but that was just my assumption.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Wichita?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Are we refueling Chinese UAVs now? Readying for our sneak attack on the Russians? Or to resist the Grays?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha
The picture was posted by a certain someone originally. Probably wasnt build just because.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkguy
Its a possibility..Smaller than a B2.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

Are we refueling Chinese UAVs now? Readying for our sneak attack on the Russians? Or to resist the Grays?

I just had a wonderfully absurd thought, wouldn’t it be awesome if say India hacked their drone down and shipped it off to us and this is our reverse engineered version as a big nose thumb to China and some well deserved payback? Hey a guy can dream or write crappy mil-fic lol
edit on 8/27/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I was being goofy, not serious. I should have put a smiley in the post.

It does look like the Star Shadow though.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It would be awesome and funny, but probably not happen: not because of the plausibility of a hack though. Half the Indian military wants to side with the Russians. The rest are split. We're the next largest, but there's a french contingent and even a Brit contingent. Some even want nunya.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It would be awesome and funny, but probably not happen: not because of the plausibility of a hack though. Half the Indian military wants to side with the Russians. The rest are split. We're the next largest, but there's a french contingent and even a Brit contingent. Some even want nunya.

Oh I know but the scenario just ran through my mind and tickled my irony bone, India was just an easy stand in for Iran and the US drone with them being in land disputes with China it seemed like an apt party to “obtain” some juicy tech. Be nice to see China knocked down a few pegs.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is sort of what I envision the aircraft in the image looking like:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Over 10 miles away the math doesn't make any difference. 50 feet or 500 not going to be able to tell a measurement difference.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2018 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I saw that last summer maybe with my Armasight Zeus

Reported it well in a post here at ATS

Th he wingtips had less of a skinny profile from above....less high aspect......the tips were cut off and somehow the back line was different!

Edith no it was a PVS14 with the gain up to 85 %...normal is 58%
edit on 27-8-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join