It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who lied about multiple rapes given light sentence of only 1 year

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So significantly more time than Brock Turner who actually raped a girl.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is such an anecdotal story. Why the attention?

I.E. could you be more transparent in your fear of the metoo movement and women standing up to patriarchal system?

Sure, this shouldn't happen. But this is nothing when put up against the grand scale of rapes/assaults that have gone under (if at all) prosecuted for hundreds of years in the USA.

This post has blatant agenda written all over it.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Whats the only thing worse than rape, oh I dunno how about being incarcerated for YEARS of your life, being shunned by your frends and family and losing everything you've ever managed to own in the process of: being humiliated and beaten in unimaginable ways on a daily basis, locked in there with murderers and rapists and perhaps getting raped by a big burly man of your own gender, raped and beaten every time you go in the shower quite possibly, maybe every night when the lights go out, all so in the morning you can go eat snip food and have your pudding taken from you unless you fight the guy and get thrown in the hole and starved for weeks maybe even months.

And maybe, if you're lucky, you get shived and die within the first year of the 20 year sentence to that living hell she tried to send you to.

But I guess if people only get one year in prison for attempted murder then perhaps there's no cause for outrage at this story??
edit on 24-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

This post has blatant agenda written all over it.

How about the agenda of liberty and justice? Not a worthy cause?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I may be wrong but I kinda get the feeling that some people think this is the first time something like this has happened and it's not. A few years ago, in Florida I think, a teenage girl failed english. She told her parents that he tried to get her in bed and she refused. Because she said no he gave her a failing grade. Then he offered to change it for oral sex. The teacher was fired and the school changed her grade. She was then caught on Facebook bragging about her lie getting her an A for the class. She later did admit that she made it up. She got 6 months probation, he lost his job permanently. No school would hire him for one reason, just in case. He is no longer a teacher just in case the girls claim was true. He tried to sue and lost for the same reason, just in case. The court didn't want to create a chance for true rape victims to be sued by their rapist just because he/she is found not guilty in court.

I do however agree that this twit should spend the same amount of time that they would have, and register as a sex offender for life. Destroy her life like she did theirs. 1 year on a BS charge after which she walks away clean and forgets all about it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Whats the only thing worse than rape, oh I dunno how about being incarcerated for YEARS of your life, being shunned by your frends and family and losing everything you've ever managed to own in the process of: being humiliated and beaten in unimaginable ways on a daily basis, locked in there with murderers and rapists and perhaps getting raped by a big burly man of your own gender, raped and beaten every time you go in the shower quite possibly, maybe every night when the lights go out, all so in the morning you can go eat snip food and have your pudding taken from you unless you fight the guy and get thrown in the hole and starved for weeks maybe even months.

And maybe, if you're lucky, you get shived and die within the first year of the 20 year sentence to that living hell she tried to send you to.

But I guess if people only get one year in prison for attempted murder then perhaps there's no cause for outrage at this story??

You forgot to mention all of those things happening to an innocent man because of some other twit like this one.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Agree on the assessment of the woman.

But promising football players? Tag-teaming a woman where ever it was, isn't exactly the behavior I would term promising...unless you mean promising not very much.

Just totally disgusting episode. I wonder if she got the boyfriend??

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You are 100% correct he should have gone to jail, what she has done is nearly as bad because their names are in the paper (assuming haven't looked that deep into it) and even though they were acquitted Rape accusations are going to pop up with every back ground check.

Which is its own special level of ell.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
She should have to serve that year in a men's prison.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
She should be sentenced to a total of whatever the people she falsely accused would have been sentenced had they been found guilty.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It's hard to say what her punishment should be but it should be severe. I would maybe say 5 to 10.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But promising football players? Tag-teaming a woman where ever it was, isn't exactly the behavior I would term promising...unless you mean promising not very much.

Oh no doubt about it, I should have said "academically promising" (I assume minimum GPA for the team anyhow) but you are quite right, certainly not the example of morality

It was a pretty stupid thing to do. Which of course doesn't mean they should be accused of a crime, but it is a pretty awful thing to do

I wonder if she got the boyfriend??

That is one thing they did not address!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
So significantly more time than Brock Turner who actually raped a girl.

Brock Turner was convicted of sexual assault, not rape. Although his actions were despicable, and I think 6 months is a slap in the face to the girl he assaulted. But that does not have anything to do with the actions of this woman who falsely accused two individuals of rape

I personally feel they both deserve stronger punishments. Just like Ethan Couch, who got off quite factually "for being rich"
edit on 8/25/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It's not a crime, no.

But it does say a lot about their character.

Not exactly a bunch of saints, on either side, to be blunt about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
I would of given her the same penalty as a rapist.

Yup, she should serve the same sentence, that goes for any false accuser of any crime..police included.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There's an awful lot of holier than thou statements on here about the guys tag teaming the girl.

The girl and guys carried out consensual sexual acts. Whether you think they are particularly tasteful is irrelevant. Believe it or not, this type of behaviour happens thousands of times every day at colleges, universities, parties etc. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive or needs to get out more.

None of this distracts at all from the fact that this girl was willing to send 2 innocent guys to jail and destroy their entire lives because she made a choice she later regretted.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i think sex is a traumatic experience if it doesnt last, anyway. maybe she was angry they didnt stay perminently, at least one of them. then there wouldnt be need for others. it is pretty obvious. first one was guilty one way or another.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

The only guilty person is the girl.

She was happy to have a couple of jocks high five over her. She then made the false accusations because (to quote from the article) 'it was the first thing she could think of' when she thought another guy she liked would find out.

Her go-to response was to destroy 2 guys lives just so she would be in with a chance with a third. That's an evil cow right there.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

oh yeah??

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

so why wasnt the first person wasnt the person she liked then? he could do it. just by being a little kind. a little normal, a little honest. it isnt that hard, she proved she can like someone. he could be him. but he wasnt. his faulty obviously.best she could do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join