It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who lied about multiple rapes given light sentence of only 1 year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
A 20 year old woman from NY was given a light sentence of 3 years (2 out of 3 years were suspended sadly, resulting in only 1 year of State Prison)

The male students she falsely claimed raped her were never charged criminally, but their reputations were ruined and they both dropped out of the University they were attending.

This liar deserves far worse.

www.foxnews.com...

She should be charged Federally for conspiracy to deprive civil rights and any other charge they could possibly make stick. Then she should be targeted in civil court, and sued until every last asset is gone. She is one of the most dangerous types of criminal.

Yovino was attending Sacred Heart University, in Fairfield, Conn., when she reported being raped by two school football players in the bathroom at an off-campus party in Bridgeport in October 2016.

The two men both admitted to having sex with her, but said they encounter was consensual.

Yovino subsequently admitted making up the claims so she wouldn’t lose a potential boyfriend.

edit on 8/24/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We need specific laws against bearing false witness, especially to felonies

As it stands now, some variation of "filing a false report" "making false statements" "obstructing/perverting justice" are the only types of charges that can be used for those who falsely report non-crimes as crimes.

Regardless, her eye-rolling during the real victim impact statement tells me she belongs behind bars for decades not a year.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
But getting caught with Marijuana in some places is a felony.

She deserves way worse than what she got.

She was even seen smirking and rolling her eyes in court. I hope these guys sue for everything her parents are worth. I say her parents because she looks pretty worthless.

No wonder she was letting two football players double team her in a bathroom at a party. She has no real worth or self-worth.

Pathetic.
edit on 24-8-2018 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

No wonder she was letting two football players double team her in a bathroom at a party. She has no real worth or self-worth.

Agreed. A disgusting degenerate who lies/ruins the lives of two promising young football players to avoid taking responsibility for her own actions and reaping the consequences.

This is about as low as it gets, IMO. I hope she is put in a cell block with some actual rape victims, so she can explain to them why it is she feels the need to make such claims. As I understand it, true victims don't take too kindly to that

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It still amazes me how many women make false allegations of rape and/or assault and get away with it! Even those who are eventually caught almost always escape true justice with just a slap on the wrist. It is disgusting!

Hopefully karma will do the job that the legal system failed at and she will get the justice she deserves!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
She banged two guys in a bathroom and then thought that might make a guy she likes not date her. She’s a little cra-cra. Why make her spend her life in jail for that.

Go after the school and the administrator who made the policies, That’s who pulled the guy’s free ride. They are the one who thought they were acting logically. Make them pay so it doesn’t happen to someone else, there will always be cra-car hot girls....

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

It is unfortunate to see the damage she did to their lives, but just as much to see the damage to done to the real victims. Because there are a lot of them! People reporting a crime should be required to present some kind of hard evidence beyond their "good word"

Too many liars to be taking people merely on their word alone. Fortunately, the legal system worked in this instance and did *not* file criminal charges. But that didn't stop their ridiculous university from treating them like convicted criminals based on someone's moving mouth.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I would of given her the same penalty as a rapist.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why not charge her with a sex crime? It seems fair that she ruined those two young men’s lives that she should live as a sex offender.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
She banged two guys in a bathroom and then thought that might make a guy she likes not date her. She’s a little cra-cra. Why make her spend her life in jail for that.

Because she accused two guys of a crime that they would have served 10 years for based on the average sentencing for rape. Plus their reputations were ruined and dropped from the college they were attending. Plus, we all know how the news works. People only remember the breaking story and this update probably won't make the rounds like the initial story. So there is a possibility these guys will have to live with this incident for the rest of their lives, even though they are completely innocent.
edit on 24-8-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
the sentence for people who falsely accuse others like this should be an automatic jail term equal to the maximum penalty for the crime they lied about PLUS an additional 10 years. as well as an automatic being put on the sex offenders list.

yet she is not the only one who needs to be held accountable for the actions taken in this farce. the school as well as the giver of the scholorship also need to be held accountable for their actions. they as well as the lying slut need to be charged. the school and person(s) who made the decision to do so for wrongfully expelling the students based soly upon acusations of a crime. and the scholorship and person(s) who made the decision for taking away that scholorship based on only an acusation of a crime. they should not be allowed to do such things merrily because someone is accused of a crime. they should have to wait until a person is actually found guilty in a court of law before they can do so. the scholorship should have to give the wrongfully accused the money that they were to have given him for his schooling. and the school should have to both pay for and ensure that the students get accepted into the schools of their choice (since i highly doubt that they would want to return to such a hostile enviroment) to finish their educations. as well as be sued for damages along with the lying slut.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

even though they are completely innocent.

Completely? They are certainly innocent of the crime of rape, and she is guilty of accusing them falsely. But they used extremely poor judgment. Two men banging a girl in a bathroom does not present a very pretty picture of the boys' character either. I'm sure their mothers are glad they were found innocent, but I'm not sure their mothers are proud of these boys' achievement. I don't know what 'code of ethics' these two were under at their school, but potentially they could be suspended for their rutting behavior. If that is the "culture" tolerated at the school, I certainly would not want my kids to go there. The school needs to do some soul searching here on what behavior they tolerate from their students. A Code of Ethics does not need t be restricted to behavior that is illegal.
edit on 8/24/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Auckland teacher acquitted of sex charges against students:

link

A 40year old career ended because of this game.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
People who lie about serious crimes like rape, sexual assault and other crimes that have a stigma attached to them should get at least half of the sentence they attempted to inflict on someone else.

This has a lifetime effect on the accused and creates a toxic environement in which others will be less likely to be believed when a real crime is committed.
edit on 2018/8/24 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I absolutely think this lady should be punished a lot more severely.

I do have a question, what would you consider "hard evidence" ?
Shy of having an actual video I think that would leave a lot of actual victims falling through the cracks.
You can't say semen because liars could also use that.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If we throw the book at one of these false accusers, women, how or why would they ever recant their cr#p charge?? I can see them taking it with them to their graves, and leaving some poor dolts languishing forever in jail cells. Is your cure worse than the crime?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My wife is a current paralegal for a rather prominent ex-military attorney now working in the private sector--they only provide defense for military members (and veterans), but the reality is that this type of behavior is a major problem in the military, too.

This is what happens when culture turns from 'I deserve to be taken seriously' to 'I am entitled to be believed' when it comes to rape allegations.

Yet another aspect of modern feminism that has yielded skewed and bastardized results.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That's why in cases like this, heck even the teacher and student sexual relations cases neither the accused or the accuser should have their name published to help prevent the attacks that always come with such an accusation.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

This is what happens when culture turns from 'I deserve to be taken seriously' to 'I am entitled to be believed' when it comes to rape allegations.

Thank you for this statement! It sums up my own opinion on the matter perfectly, phrasing it in such a way I did not think of. As you wrote, I fully believe victims reporting these crimes deserve to be taken seriously. But of course - like any other criminal accusation - they *do not* deserve to be believed unless they have some kind of evidence to back the allegation up

So they always deserve to be taken seriously/investigated/etc, but never deserve (nor does anyone) to have their allegations believed without question. Those who imply otherwise do so against the very notion of due process and presumptive innocence

Great post SM

Yet another aspect of modern feminism that has yielded skewed and bastardized results.

Agreed, this does absolutely nothing to promote equality between Men and Women - something as a father of two daughters I wholeheartedly support as well. But no person should have the ability to levy charges against anyone based on nothing more than their own word (even when they are not criminal charges, for instance academic sanctions or losing a job)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: JAGStorm

If we throw the book at one of these false accusers, women, how or why would they ever recant their cr#p charge?? I can see them taking it with them to their graves, and leaving some poor dolts languishing forever in jail cells. Is your cure worse than the crime?

There would be no need to recant. Provided due process is followed and appropriate legal protections are afforded to the (presumptively innocent) accused, a conviction should not be possible without evidence to back it up

Besides, if the punishment for proven cases of false accusations was exceptionally severe no one would make false accusations for fear of life in prison or worse. I am not opposed to taking a few pages out of the Code of Hammurabi - which essentially is "an eye for eye"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join