It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Loses Prized NASA Internship Over Vulgar Tweet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
From what I read he did not do anything to get her fired, someone else took those steps he was just offering a simple warning because he was aware how easy it was to lose the internship.

Give her credit she apologized, and seems to understand she was out of line and good on him for talking with her to find out what she was really like and is now trying to help her.
edit on 24-8-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Baldryck
No, people are ridiculous. Honestly, f* isn't even a terrible word anymore, it's standard vernacular in any song playing on the radio.

Even if it's an oh so terrible word adults should be allowed to say it.
Even people that work at NASA

Operation paperclip. Bring in the Nazis.
Just don't say #

You are implying it's not a terrible word...So why shouldn't kids be able to say it as well???

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

She reached out to me with an unnecessary apology which I heartily accepted and returned with my own. After talking to her, I am certain she deserves a position in the aerospace industry and I'm doing all I can to secure her one that will be better than she lost. I have also talked to the folks that had to do with her internship and made absolutely certain that there will be no black mark on her record.

www.wkrn.com...

Perfect, having a poor attitude moves you ahead in life. If she some how in life ends up in management, lord help those who report to her.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Naw she was a young person that said something stupid on social media...

I am incredibly thankful social media wasn't around when I was young and excessively stupid.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Comments such as those say something about the person. One good thing about the internet is that we are learning that many people are not who they make them self out to be.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I like how "front hole" has been popping up in threads.

It's the BAHHH factor.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
We can all have a bad day.. even NASA staff

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

As with the entertainment industry I would assume the aero space industry is pretty small in terms of people at the NASA level. You never ever get rude with people in my industry cause you never know whos who. She made a tweet in excitement which is pretty normal to me especially if she is younger...kids these days...but to then be rude and offensive to the guy just for posting 'language' is way over the too...and in the adult world can indeed carry some unintended consequences like losing said job because that person is friends with your boss. There are all kinds of less rude ways to push back if you must as well...like saying you didnt have to come read my Twitter...you are here by your own choice. To which he might respond or DM her his concerns. Just goes to show being a hot head and thinking you can do whatever you want isn't the brightest thing to do.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I would have fired her too.
Some jobs come with a code of conduct policy.

Looks like she is getting the spot after all so maybe people should stop being sensitive little front holes.

Look, I don't usually call folks out for this, but me feels have been bruised, and I need you to know, it's your fault.
"front hole" offends me greatly, I'd prefer you call it a Rosie. If you repent, say 5 hail Marys and 1 act of contrition, I'll forgive you.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Hell no this person shouldn’t be deprived because of a few choice words of jubilation.

It’s her way of rejoicing, maybe a little profane but so what.

What is NASA sacred all of a sudden?

SHE have a d__k?

edit on 24-8-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
At least we are learning how that generation expects interactions between people to be.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Good for her. Obviously she was just expressing her excitement in a cheeky way.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
She was happy to be going to NASA. Let her be happy.

Twitter and other social media is public. Be mindful of your posts.

Glad to hear not all is lost with regard to this instance of unguarded language.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well, if you get hired for an organization and then publicly tell someone overseeing the organization to "suck my d*ck and balls", what exactly do you think is going to happen?
Sounds to me like she needs to... check her privilege.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck
No, people are ridiculous. Honestly, f* isn't even a terrible word anymore, it's standard vernacular in any song playing on the radio.

So you'd feel perfectly ok with walking up to a 5 year old and say, "Hey there, f**cker, how the f**k ya doin?" ?

You think it would be appropriate to use that language to and in front of a child?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

she was never hired.

im no stranger to colorful language but when you are representing yourself as part of an organization, let alone NASA you should conduct your self with some class, and telling the guy to suck her ..... ANYWAY... was not very nice or profesional.

#ty she tanked her chances at what i assume is her life's dream with bravado and overconfidence

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That was hilarious.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Well, if you get hired for an organization and then publicly tell someone overseeing the organization to "suck my d*ck and balls", what exactly do you think is going to happen?
Sounds to me like she needs to... check her privilege.

Maybe she should check her gender unless she just "identifies" as a female but is a biological male. Tangled webs, indeed.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You and me, both.

Goodness, I'd have gotten in so much trouble with my language.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't know that I'd have fired her, but she'd, at the least, have had a come to Jesus moment.

Me: Explain yourself. (left unsaid is the "and I'd better like it." part...)

Even if I like the explanation...she's on a short leash, attached to a choke chain collar. Most likely, however, I'd let her go. But not before giving her a chance to explain...and perhaps, make it right.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join