It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Can the USA be Repossessed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think this is a very good time to get back all the $billions upon $billions that's owed to US!

Yes! That owed to US was deliberate!

Maybe the world can write us "off" as a "bad debtor" like we've done so may times and we can write finally the world off as "paid in full!"

A bit conniving, but what the hell!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I think this is a very good time to get back all the $billions upon $billions that's owed to US!

Yes! That owed to US was deliberate!

Maybe the world can write us "off" as a "bad debtor" like we've done so may times and we can write finally the world off as "paid in full!"

A bit conniving, but what the hell!

Why don't we go after the corporations who are pocketing all the cash?

...Check out the second last post on this page (Vajrayana's second post)...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Why should we go after OUR corporations?

Isn't the name of the game "Larger profit margins?"

We need the capital to generate a robust economy where the "little man" will benefit also!

Wealthier corporations I'm for as long as they're not conning people into buying stocks that are worthless!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Wealthier corporations I'm for as long as they're not conning people into buying stocks that are worthless!

They won't be worthless until after all of the little people have kicked in their cash ( and maybe their social security 'savings' )..... the big dogs run off with it all of the capital and profits.....then the stock will be worthless!!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Why should we go after OUR corporations?

They're NOT our corporations. Most are headquartered in the Caymans or somewhere to protect them from paying taxes. ...Corporations don't have nations or national loyalties. They're pretty much nations unto themselves.

Isn't the name of the game "Larger profit margins?"

More like "Profits over People."

We need the capital to generate a robust economy where the "little man" will benefit also!

Yep. And we're not going to get that by supporting international corporations. Support local business instead. ...Big corporations take you money and your jobs - and ship 'em overseas.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

They're NOT our corporations. Most are headquartered in the Caymans or somewhere to protect them from paying taxes. ...Corporations don't have nations or national loyalties. They're pretty much nations unto themselves.

I'll repeat myself.

I'm for big corporations!

The last American dream!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I'll repeat myself.

The last American dream!

But why? They have little to do with America per se - and in several very real ways, they compete with the nation. ...and likely, own it

[edit on 22-2-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't think Interleding really knows what corporations are all about.

The so called “big corporations” cost money to the tax payer, their corporate crime goes unpunished.

From Thomas Jefferson to Lincoln they fought against corporations they knew that corporations when left to their own power they can control nations and governments.

President Rutherford B. Hayes pointed out that corporations take the governments away from the people, they turn governments into corporations and only to benefit corporations.

Theodore Roosevelt, was the first to start laws to enforce the control of corporations, the major concern is their monopolies and they way that they tried to control the federal government.

But since the 80s corporations in the US has been left run rampant, they cost billions to the tax payer with their corporate crime.

³The Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress estimates the yearly losses from street crime at $4 billion. The Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust and Monopoly estimates the cost of corporate crime at more than $200 billion a year, fifty times the cost of street crime...The savings and loan collapse alone cost the taxpayers $150 billion-$175 billions.

Since the bush administration has been in power corporations has become in charge of our nation and due to the bush friendly administration they own us the citizens also.

This is a littler link to how they really work and how previous president has warn the Americans about them.

www.lava.net...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
American companies own very little of America. China owns most of it.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

If I were a billionaire, I would be buying silver, lots of it. If there is a financial market left standing in 10 years, I'd still be wealthy, and if anarchy broke out, I could still use all my silver for bullets. At least it would never be a useless investment.

The looters are in control. They are taking everything they can, and then they're going to leave in a hurry. We can't sue their corporate behinds, because most of them are based in small island countries with unfavorable legal conditions. Bringing a lawsuit in the Cayman Islands or Bahamas is like begging to be outbribed at the bench. It's foolish to waste your money on local lawyers who have already been paid off, and outside lawyers don't know the system, who to bribe, where to get the case transfered, etc..

The only way to take back the country from them is to take back the manufacturing and industrial resources from the corporations who still have that sort of infrastructure here. Then you can organize them into a single company, and use the good market position and sympathetic customers to make enough profit to steadily pay everyone off who got screwed.

I can't see any other way to do it, because using their money against them is like attacking with a wiffle bat. The o's and 1's on the computer screen in your bank account are just data, not resources. Take out the cash and then what do you have? Paper and ink, with some funny pictures, useless without the backing of the treasury, which evaporated and is running on credit. Property is okay, but eminent domain screws that all up. Gold is alright, but it's a soft, pretty much useless metal, with the exception of high tech electronics and electroplate.

Private citizens might be able to repossses the real estate and holdings of the big wigs, but that's when they'll beat feet. They'll head down to Tasmania, or Barbados, or the Maldives, and they'll live like island kings for the rest of their days, protected by mercs and the lack of extradition. Then what do you have left, a bunch of drafty buildings and open, polluted land.

There has to be a way to survive, individually, the coming storm. There doesn't necessarily have to be a way to survive collectively. I think every man for himself will be the rule of the coming age, but I've been wrong before.

The financial markets seem to be pretty resiliant, I think because of the ubiquitous human greed I'm so fond of referencing. I don't know if that will ever change, and if it doesn't, money may have a place in the coming years. I don't know. I do know I'd rather trade with my neighbors and grow my own food than trade scraps of paper for mass produced poison.

I think even if the Chinese repossessed America, which logistically would be nearly impossible, it would be in their best interest to leave it exactly as it is. Broken and bleeding. If they come and try to fix it, they're going to get bogged down, and lose even more money. The sensible thing to do, from their standpoint, is write it off and use industry to rebuild global trade.

If only more manufacturing jobs had remained in America, we wouldn't be in such a pickle. The way America was during and after WW2 was the best way to be, from the national perspective. We had more industry, more jobs, more cooperation, everybody had enough to eat. Now we can't even feed our own country because too damn many farmers are being paid by the government not to farm! I'm not even going to get started, but the key to taking back the country from the looters, is returning to an agro/industrial state. It's the only way I think. If you want to remain a country.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
=If only more manufacturing jobs had remained in America, we wouldn't be in such a pickle. The way America was during and after WW2 was the best way to be, from the national perspective. We had more industry, more jobs, more cooperation, everybody had enough to eat. Now we can't even feed our own country because too damn many farmers are being paid by the government not to farm! I'm not even going to get started, but the key to taking back the country from the looters, is returning to an agro/industrial state. It's the only way I think. If you want to remain a country.

Thanks for that post, yes once in a while presidents used to raise against them to find themselves with attempts to their lives.

Right now I have this nagging feeling that is to late.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Great posts. marg, WyrdeOne. Thanks. ...Here's another tidbit for the soup...

Stocks Drop as Oil Surges

"U.S. stocks sank on Tuesday as oil prices jumped above $51 a barrel and the dollar slid on concerns that other central banks would follow South Korea's lead in diversifying reserves out of U.S. assets.

South Korea's central bank said on Monday it planned to diversify its reserves, the world's fourth largest, into a greater variety of currencies.

The move by South Korea fueled speculation that other central banks would follow suit. Fears of a weaker dollar diminishes foreign investors' appetite for U.S. assets."

...Yep. The writing's on the wall. ...My guesstimate for the next 4 years public debt was very rough, and didn't account for falling USD. Suspect it's waayyy too low.

Any bankers here? Can you give us better numbers?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another part of the puzzle is that China is now competing with us as the number one consumer of products....as long as they were depending on us to buy the products, they had to at least find a way to provide the wealth needed to buy those products.....if China picks up this role....well, why should they care if the US is destitute?

Let's see, the value of our dollar keeps declining, our production jobs keep being sent overseas for "cheaper labor", and then sent back here, for us to buy...susposedly at a lower cost. Okay, but the dollar has declined, so if you offset that decline with the cheaper cost to produce, are we really getting ahead here??
Or will we begin to see everything from oil to computers skyrocketing in the near future, since our dollar is worthless?

If you ask me, we should be kicking the corporations out of our country soon, taking over the assetts here...what the heck, we have the biggest guns, who's gonna argue, and tightening our trade to the point where we are only importing those things that we can't produce in this country. And, well, if we take their assetts, well, we'll still have the real estate and equipment to produce the goods....
and well, as an added bonus, bring our troops home, to protect our own country.....since well, many of these countries haven't been playing fair with us for a long time anyways....probably have deliberately conspired with one another to bring about our downfall. us pulling our troops home would create enough instablility for them to have to deal with instead of griping at us about everything under the sun to get us borrowing more to clean up all the little messes that are being made by tyrants in all these wrecks of countries.

of course, nothing like that will ever be done, so, well, the best idea that I can come up with is for us all to start little mini manufacturing businesses, arts and crafts, and such, to fill in the gap for when we can no longer by a pair of jeans, or a kitchen table, ect.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
China is the key indicator of US liquidity, in other words, unless the Chinese continue to buy T bills, we default.

Another key factor pushing us over the brink is the sinking dollar and rising euro and how they pertain to the global oil trade. There is enormous pressure on the dollar, and its back is breaking. If oil were no longer traded in dollars, the dollar would very rapidly devalue even further. Remember what happened in Argentina when the banks started rolling up?

This country is closer to financial collapse than it was during the depression. The war in Iraq and the larger war in the middle east was a desperate attempt, IMO, to steal enough oil to reposition American interests at the top. Currently, Russia has far more oppurtunities for growth in the energy sector than America.

Since Tech requires Energy, and Tech is the wave of the future, I'd say Russia is in a better position to capitalize on the future than America. Their fortunes have really reversed in the last decade or so.

If memory serves, every single state posted a sizeable deficit this year. Federal unemployment numbers lie, because they don't take into account those in need who have fallen off the rolls, or were never on the rolls to begin with. I know LOTS of out of work people, and most of them are highly skilled. There's simply no market for inteligence in America, yes-man-ship and last names and wealth have taken the place of merit. Is it any surprise we're sinking like a cannonball?

I think that Americans are raised with some very important ideals..the problem is the hypocrisy evidenced by those who enforce the rules on others and break them themselves. The words that come out of talking heads sound good, but they aren't followed through. They lie, and we accept that, for some reason. It's generally a good idea to apply the rule of opposites these days..let me elaborate.

If they say a law is designed to promote responsible lawsuits, what they mean is the law is designed to limit lawsuits.

If they say a law is designed to protect your freedom, what they mean is the law is designed to increase THEIR freedom at the expense of your own.

If they say a law is designed to keep you safe, what they mean is the law is designed to keep THEM safe, and keep you under control.

They really seem to have an opposites fetish, war is peace, the truth is a lie..yadda yadda.

It sure makes deciphering them easy though..

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

It's generally a good idea to apply the rule of opposites these days..let me elaborate.

If they say a law is designed to promote responsible lawsuits, what they mean is the law is designed to limit lawsuits.

If they say a law is designed to protect your freedom, what they mean is the law is designed to increase THEIR freedom at the expense of your own.

If they say a law is designed to keep you safe, what they mean is the law is designed to keep THEM safe, and keep you under control.

They really seem to have an opposites fetish, war is peace, the truth is a lie..yadda yadda.

It sure makes deciphering them easy though..

Another great post WyrdeOne.

...Your rule of opposites is ace.

...Obviously, the USA is in big trouble on the world stage - economically and politically - but great effort is being made to prevent Americans from finding out the real story. ...Why? Is it just fear of impeachment? Fear of revolution or civil war? What?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'll repeat myself.

The last American dream!

Big corporations is actually a European invention. The first one ever was the West Indian company, which raped the America's of recources and brought the first African slaves to the American continent...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
maybe they still need us as consumers, even if it is with borrowed money. and well, maybe if we knew the truth, we wouldn't be consuming as much?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Big corporations is actually a European invention. The first one ever was the West Indian company, which raped the America's of recources and brought the first African slaves to the American continent...

You are right on the penny and know your corporate history very well, people tend to forget that one of the reasons of the US revolution against the English hold was because what they were doing to the new colonies with their control on the markets.

One of the reasons for the American Revolution was that the resentment of the British rule, included Corporations that ran American colonies with monopoly powers. Adam smith. The father of “Free Trade” theories argued that large business associations limit competition.

Even then the true meaning of Corporations was already well known.

www.blupete.com...

But then something else happen the raise of our own American corporations took over.

After the independence the “American Corporations” were only Chartered to perform public functions, like building and construction.

And everything was ok. But in 1844 the modern type of corporation was born, they started in Britain again and they got power from the government to have limited liability and to protect the personal assets and protection from corporate behavior.

And in 1886 In the US the court recognized here in the US the Santa Clara v. Southern Pacific Railroad as a corporation as “a natural person under law” And protected under the 14th amendment to the constitution.

www.tourolaw.edu...

And the monopoly began in our own soil.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
All this chaos in america actually holds an opportunity for us.

right now america has one great big export that is underproduced and overdemanded...

solar cells...

they are a bargain for the buyers in europe... since our dollar is crashing, we need to take advantage of this oppportunity to become a manufacturing base again...

alternative energy sources provided by americans to the world, so that everyone can become even less dependant on foriegn oil...
and make America cleaner and more energy independant in the process...

And while we are at it... we need to be the country that perfects the fuel cell process...
what i mean by this, is that there are small problems with making the hydrogen that these run on. it is not cost effective right now, but with one well equipped lab, we could perfect the processes, as almost anything is perfected when you throw resources and intellegence at it...

At this time, these programs hold no temptation for the corporations that run America... they already got "theirs" and don't care if we get "ours"...
but it would be a great pet project for some senators coming up for re-election to look at...
the "build a cleaner stronger manufacturing America" program...."

sounds like a winner of a platform... especially in a state that has recently outsourced a large amount of manufacturing jobs...
a sure election guarantee...

it would be nice to lead the world in something nice for a change...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
an off topic question.....

anyone know what language this is???

www.harim.co.il...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

All this chaos in america actually holds an opportunity for us.

right now america has one great big export that is underproduced and overdemanded...

solar cells...

they are a bargain for the buyers in europe... since our dollar is crashing, we need to take advantage of this oppportunity to become a manufacturing base again...

alternative energy sources provided by americans to the world, so that everyone can become even less dependant on foriegn oil...
and make America cleaner and more energy independant in the process...

At this time, these programs hold no temptation for the corporations that run America... they already got "theirs" and don't care if we get "ours"...
but it would be a great pet project for some senators coming up for re-election to look at... the "build a cleaner stronger manufacturing America" program...."

sounds like a winner of a platform... especially in a state that has recently outsourced a large amount of manufacturing jobs... a sure election guarantee...

it would be nice to lead the world in something nice for a change...

Wow. Another great recommendation Laz.

Looks like a winner to me. ...Kills about 10 birds with one stone.

dawnstar - no sorry, don't know what language that is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join