It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Reportedly Offers to Buy $462 Billion in Italian Debt

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: FamCore

All roads lead to Rome...

Oh please...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Answer: it benefits the banking mafia.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Maybe we should all just refuse to pay back the loans.

Most loans are Illegal and unless a bank has 10% of the cash value of the loan In Its vault they are not allowed to loan any money, there are 3 letters you send to the loan company and they have to wipe out the debt.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Still not clear, how to contain the 25 years old, carefully manufactured black hole.
I guess the solution they will propose is more jobless migrants

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73
...there are 3 letters you send to the loan company and they have to wipe out the debt.

Sounds like Sovereign Citizen mumbo jumbo. You ever send your three letters?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Italy has a Baa2/BBB rating which is not great, I wouldn't buy it.

Well, how many bankruptcies do You have? The "business genius" w/the multi-bankruptcies thinks this is a great idea, so....

Don't take it personal, I'd also take Dave Rockefeller's opinion on human hearts over Yours, this just begs the question:::

Who had MORE? Dave Rockefeller and heart transplants (plural) or Herr Drumpf and bankruptcies (plural)

que Jeopardy™ music....

(post by CB328 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
We can't even pay the interest on Americas debt. But trump wants to deal with the Italian Mafia and buy the Italian debt with taxpayer money.....what could possibly go worng?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
We can't even pay the interest on Americas debt. But trump wants to deal with the Italian Mafia and buy the Italian debt with taxpayer money.....what could possibly go worng?

It's actually a good thing, when countries hold each others debt, it helps to keep their own currency strong.

It's not really about investment returns, but about having a more stable dollar.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

It's actually a good thing, when countries hold each others debt, it helps to keep their own currency strong.

It's not really about investment returns, but about having a more stable dollar.

I don't trust trumps version of trickle down. I have more faith in the Euro and Panda than USDs.

www.investopedia.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Conte himself has said there were no figures nor guarantees
How did they come up with the amount ?
"Hey Rocky , watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat" (Bullwinkle and Rocky Show)
"Bullwinkle , that was no rabbit and it definitley wasn't your hat" (mine)

Doesnt matter we shouldnt be offering to buy anyones debt with the state that our debt is in, hes taking on too much at once and if crap hits the fan all of it will drown us

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Doesnt matter we shouldnt be offering to buy anyones debt with the state that our debt is in, hes taking on too much at once and if crap hits the fan all of it will drown us

From all that I have read , no monetary value was put out there . Just "assistance"

edit on 8/26/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Financial investment firms & individuals have a portion of their portfolio in bonds (debt).

When your managing 50+ billion in assests you have slices spread over different investment vechicles.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

From all that I have read , no monetary value was put out there . Just "assistance"

But we have no business "assisting" anyone when we cant even cover our own debt and inflation.

Thats like a bank that is basically bankrupt AND owes money, lending to other people who cant pay it back. Its financial suicide

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

But we have no business "assisting" anyone when we cant even cover our own debt and inflation.

Thats like a bank that is basically bankrupt AND owes money, lending to other people who cant pay it back. Its financial suicide

You got to ask yourself what is "assisting" ?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I don't trust trumps version of trickle down. I have more faith in the Euro and Panda than USDs.

www.investopedia.com...

This has nothing to do with trickle down, more to do with soft power and maintaining the desirability of the dollar.

Don't get me wrong, I love calling Trump out, but buying debt is actually a good thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We can't even pay the interest on Americas debt.

[For now] we are keeping up with the interest, but piling on more debt and having interest rates go up is a bad combination

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Why would anybody buy 462 Billions that would only go into a "dead horse" ?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If trump wants to buy debt, why not buy the debt of all the students that burrowed to get a half assed education, especially from Trump Univ.

www.businessinsider.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join