It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God said kill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
dnero6911, Where did you find the name Yaltabaoth? Is that a christian name? Where is the source for that name?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
God is going to take brillions of lives very soon. Yo the end of times.........

Exactly! God will, not people. It's not our job. What kind of God would we serve that would require us to send people (especially His lost children) to judgement before He gives the word? Sounds like we are making the judgement in that case and we're specifically ordered not to judge, so why would be also become jury and executioner?

Originally posted by DrHoracid
He did not say to trun the other check even unto one's own death or the death of another. All the old testement still applies.......ALL of IT.

He also did not cavaet his 'turn the other cheek' lesson with "except for death". There is no reason to fear our deaths as Christians. None.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Lets just see who did the first killing in the bible. (and this is just my opinion) Gen.3:21"Lord God made coats of skin and clothed them" also gen:4:4"and Abel ,brought of the firstling of his flock,and the FAT thereof" Cain could of been mad because Abel killed a Lamb so thats why he probley killed Abel. Before someone crucifies me here,(and i know you will)who did the first slaughter? I don`t think that man was suppose to eat meat! Look at Gen 3:18 and thou shall EAT the HERB of the field 19:in the sweat of thy face shalt thou EAT BREAD,till thou returns to the ground" (don`t look like Man was to be having any Lamb chops here) Isaiah66:3 "He that kill an ox is as if he slew a MAN,He that scarificeth a LAMB,as if he cut off a dog`s neck..." I think Cain had issues with the Lamb being offered up here. is it me or does anyone else agree?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I throw much of the Old Testament in the trash. This and other parts are written by man to justify abuse and murder.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I throw much of the Old Testament in the trash. This and other parts are written by man to justify abuse and murder.

Oh whoa, hold up there friend. I know what you're saying because I cannot stand war, but before ripping your Book in half there's a lot of very important things you're throwing away. Utilize your recognition skills of God's word according to His son to recognize that even in the Old Testament, God was talking to people and helping them. Yes, there was some war in the Old Testament as punishment for God's enemies whether they were outside of Israel or Israel itself. This is what we understood at the time. This was because we broke our promises (convenant) with Him.

Other stuff in the Old Testament NOT involving mankind's war: Proverbs, Psalms, Genesis, Exodus, Daniel, Isaiah, etc. For me I feel it's hard to know complete wisdom and the prophecy of the Christ's coming without them.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by saint4God]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I would up my medication.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
When Eve followed satans word over Gods word, and acted upon it, that was the frist killing. She killed herself. Adam was the second.

When we receive God, we receive life. Before Christ we were alive to the world, and dead to christ. Now we are alive in Christ, and dead to the world.

Before we were alive to sin, and dead to God, Now we are alive to God and dead to sin. We are sons of God.

It is like the world to look at the things of the flesh, not realizing the soul inside is where life and death occur.
The same people who stand in judgment of the law they cannot keep, will judge God for upholding that Law?
Imagine that! It is rather unbelievable that the criminal will tell the judge who paid his bail and is holding out a pardon for him to sign...that 'I dont want your pardon because you sentenced me for the law I broke in the first place'.?????

whatever...

As for throwing away parts of the OT

Since all of the bible is Gods Word...isnt that the same as saying SHUDDUP GOD...I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH!?

God didnt put it there for no reason.

Im prolly not taking your words the right way...so disregard this if so...but others might also , so you might want to fix it so they know what you mean.
Just tryin to help

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
God didn't say kill. God said NO. Let me explain, I used to wonder about the hypocracy between the God of the old testament and the God of the new. Then I heard this song by American singer-songwriter, Dan Bern;Dan Bern - God Said No
Song Lyrics
I met God On the edge of town
Where the wind meets the stillness
Where the darkness meets the light
Where the ocean meets the sky
Where the desert meets the rain
Where the earth meets the heavens
On the edge of town I met God

I asked God
Do one thing for me
Send me back in time
Send me to Seattle
Let me go
Find Kurt Cobain
Take away his gun
Take away his bullets
Talk to him
Make him wanna live
Tell him how we love him
Help him see his glory
God Said No
If I sent you back
If you really found him
You would only ask him
If he could
Help you get a deal
If he knows a lawyer
If he can help you
God Said No

I asked God
Do one thing for me
Send me back in time
Send me to Berlin
Let me find
The one they call Hitler
I will stalk him
I will bring him down
I will bring along
A powerful gun
Loaded with bullets
Obliterate his memory
God Said No
If I sent you back
You would get caught up
In theory and discussion
You would let your fears
Delay and distract you
You would make friends
You would take a lover
God Said No

I asked God
Do one thing for me
Send me back in time
Send me to Jerusalem
Let me go
Let me go find Jesus
Let me save his life
As they try to kill him
Let me take him down
Down from the cross
Take the iron from his body
Try to heal his wounds
God Said No
If I let you go
If you really found him
Walking with the cross
You would stare
Your tongue no longer working
Eyes no longer seeing
Ears no longer hearing
God said Time
Time belongs to me
Time's my secret weapon
My final advantage
God turned away
From the edge of town
I knew I was beaten
And that now was all I had
God Said No

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Stay the course.
You must experience it to understand what that gift of free will truly is. Soon a great choice will be presented when you reach the end of the path. And to find the answer to all questions you must make a choice. You will be scared, but "be not afraid".

"What if what you do to survive kills the things you love? Fear is a powerful thing."
-- The Boss -- -- (AKA: Bruce Springstein)--

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

When Eve followed satans word over Gods word, and acted upon it, that was the frist killing. She killed herself. Adam was the second.

Jake1997 is right. She died when she tasted the fruit, or when she made the choice to taste the fruit. The first killing in the bible was Eve killing herself.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Alexander
if, i say am god would you deny me ? would you believe in me

(........most deleted - read original post if you want...............)

UFOS ARE AROUND WHERE ? ALL OVER THE WORLD THEIR ARE MORE BELIEVERS IN UFO THEN GOD,

OH YES am the Devil lol hhhh just came from hell yesterday was darmmmmm hot

If you said you were God, who am I to think otherwise? Why couldn't God choose to communicate on this forum just as easily as any other way?
But, in this case, you said at the end of you post that you are really the devil (Satan), and while Satan might try to pretend to be God, I know God would not pretend to be Satan. So why would I disbelieve you?
--------------------
to madmanacrosswater - about throwing much of the Old Testament in the trash because it was written by man.

Yes, the Old Testament, as well as the New, were written by men. They were divinely inspired but still men. God did not dictate it word for word, but let them put it in their own writing. He is, however, the final Editor who allows or disallows these books to continue through the ages.
The Bible, Old Testament and New, is a testament to God and a witness of things that have happened, are happening and are yet to happen. It is my advice to be sure you have read it all and know what you are considering throwing out.

to benevolent tyrant - "God said No"

Thank you for reminding people that we do not always know God's plan or are capable of seeing all the implications of our actions.

Esoteric Teacher - eve was the first murder

I understand your thoughts on this, but I would respectfully disagree. Eve did not forfeit her life, only her place in the Garden of Eden, and Adam also lost his place there, but God did not punish them with death, rather with having to work for a living, travail in child-birth and so on. To say that she died at that time, is to say that we are all dead because we no longer live in the Garden. No, we are still alive and still God's children.

And to those who will accept these words, I ask that the blessing of God be upon each of you.

If you have any thoughts please post away, but if you have a specific need, used the_mission email address, or to speak with me directly in total confidentiality, use: [email protected]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Nice to have you here & looking forward to more of what you have to say.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
we are so stupid sometimes to not realize that we are human and that we cannot take the truth. to see it now we would go crazy. the truth is not meant to be seen by our fleshly bodies....instead...let our fleshly minds dream of the spirit...and then when we die just maybe we'll see everything that God wants us to see.....IMO

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join