It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Post I made on YouTube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I don't know if I should post the YouTube video in question. It was talking about Star Wars and Rian Johnson and showed video of him saying he is lazy at writing.

Anyway I wrote a response and felt compelled to share it here, here it is:

Oohhhhh....I come up with better stories in my head. To really have a good story you want to associate your characters to the people you are targeting. In fact everyone has emotions and feelings of justice and injustice and everyone goes through suffering.

The Bible is full of great stories everyone can relate to. In fact it is the greatest story of all. If you want a good story follow the Bible. Make sure there is good and evil. Make sure the good is tempted by, slandered by, persecuted by the bad. Make the good go through character development in that way and come out, although flawed, but victorious. We are all flawed. And in the Bible every single human character is flawed, except for Jesus. He is the supreme example of good and perfection.

If you want to write fiction just follow these things. The Last Jedi had none of it. No good-vs-evil. No character development. No one you could relate to. It was really really bad story-telling.

Look I can go into more detail if you want.

Moses. He was a son of Pharaoh, after being found by his daughter in a basket in the river she was bathing in. Raised in royalty. He eventually could not tolerate the way his people were being treated and murdered an Egyptian abusing one of his brother Israelites.

Then he had to run for his life. Leave everything he had behind and run into the desert where he lived for 40 years. And then at the age of 80 years old he returned at the behest of God himself to be the savior and messiah of Israel.

Or take Joseph. He was the beloved of Jacob, his father, because he was the son of Rachel, the wife Jacob loved. Jacob had 2 wives and 2 concubines, and with them he had 12 sons, and several daughters. But Joseph was the one he loved with a great enduring love. And then Benjamin because he too was birthed by Rachel, and she died giving birth to him.

Joseph's 11 brothers hated him with a great envy because of their father's love of him. They wanted to murder him. But Reuben, the oldest, pled for his life. And they sold Joseph as a slave. And he was brought into Egypt. What a great injustice. There Joseph did no wrong but feared God and did good. But Pataphor's wife (he was his master) lusted after the desirable Joseph day in and day out. Finally she was alone with him and told him to lay down with her. And he fled, and she pulled on his outer garment. And then falsely accused him of trying to rape her.

They threw him into prison where unjustly for over 12 years. Finally the king of Egypt, Pharaoh, heard of Joseph and called to him to interpret a dream. And then Pharaoh made Joseph the highest man in all the realm.

We can do this over and over and over and over.

Bible stories have character. They have truth. They have flawed people, and great struggles, the human condition, and humanity at stake.

Do a story like any of those and everyone will relate to it. Even if they haven't gone through the experiences themselves, they will emphasize. If they have gone through it, then they will understand even better.

It takes a person of depth and understanding of life to write a good story. Rian Johnson fails on all counts. Maybe someone should recommend he read the Bible.

What the hay. Here is the video you will find my comment somewhere nestled in there:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: redletter

I haven't seen the Star Wars picture. I like some of them, dislike others.

I watched a little of that video but didn't finish it because it reminded me too much of TMZ.

Does he have a personal axe to grind with the writer? Seems a little over-the-top.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I haven't seen the Star Wars picture. I like some of them, dislike others.

I watched a little of that video but didn't finish it because it reminded me too much of TMZ.

Does he have a personal axe to grind with the writer? Seems a little over-the-top.

All fair enough questions. I don't know the YouTuber in person so can't answer your personal question about him. From what I have seen, I don't think it is a personal ax to grind, no. It appears to be a very wide spread dislike of the movie.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Disappointed Star Wars fans mobilize better than most, if that's true.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join