It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen Z Is Set to Outnumber Millennials Within a Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
For all of those individuals who have been frustrated by Millennials, there is news:

Millennials are about to be surpassed by Generation Z.

Regardless of what you think of Millennials, there is a new kid on the block:

Gen Zers have never known a non-digital world and have grown up amid events such as the "war on terror" and Global Recession.

"The key factor that differentiated these two groups, other than their age, was an element of self-awareness versus self-centeredness," according to “Rise of Gen Z: New Challenge for Retailers,” a report by Marcie Merriman, an executive director at Ernst & Young LLP. Millennials were "more focused on what was in it for them. They also looked to others, such as the companies they did business with, for solutions, whereas the younger people naturally sought to create their own solutions."

www.bloomberg.com...

What does ATS think? Is it a good thing to have a new kid on the block? Or will it further divide our future?

I can say for myself working at a university 10 years ago. And again starting 5 years ago, I certainly saw a difference in work ethic and value from the students from each time.
Also having side work where I was working with individuals under the age of attending higher education, I noticed better productivity from them than my students.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I think it will be a good thing.

Gen Z will be a challenge for retailers because they don't want so much stuff, but the stuff they want they want yesterday.

Gen Z - I think there is a goodness there that hasn't been seen in a while.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So does that mean Millennial are "Generation Y" (as in Y Chromosome), or are they just plain old Millenniums??

I'm coinfused.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So does that mean Millennial are "Generation Y" (as in Y Chromosome), or are they just plain old Millenniums??

I'm coinfused.

I'm not sure of this myself. I do not think anyone is. The generation divide is nebulous.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

If you grew up with 'the war on ter!'...you're a millennial.

If you grew up with "your post exceeds 140 characters..."

then you're probably hopeless and I'm glad I won't be around to see the results.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

So millennials are people born in 2006?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I don't know. I find all of humanity equally unimpressive. So it's whatevs

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I just saw that advertised on MSM when I logged in.

I don't like MSM, so not much to comment on it for. The Generation after Z could be Gen-IRobot phaze1.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Ok. And this is being insinuated as a big deal....why? Am I supposed to feel threatened or something?

Roughly 1980 to 1996-2000 is Millennial birth years. The '96-'00 end of it is up for debate, though, but I personally count them. 20 years is an acceptable & nice round number for the birth year range for generation grouping, IMO. If the Boomers got 20, so can we.

Generation Z is anyone born after that. High schoolers & younger, in other words.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Ok. And this is being insinuated as a big deal....why? Am I supposed to feel threatened or something?

Roughly 1980 to 1996-2000 is Millennial birth years. The '96-'00 end of it is up for debate, though, but I personally count them. 20 years is an acceptable & nice round number for the birth year range for generation grouping, IMO. If the Boomers got 20, so can we.

Generation Z is anyone born after that. High schoolers & younger, in other words.

Nope. The early numbers are up to debate. I've heard 80- 87. It's all bs.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Generation Z will want the NWO because they will have been taught to believe in it, just like many of today's young people believe in the Agenda 21 or 30 or whatever it is.

Generation Z will grow up believing they have no fundamental rights at all and everything they are permitted to do is a privilege that the govt can withdraw anytime they like. They will think this is a good thing.

Edward R Murrow said a nation of sheep will soon get a government of wolves.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The Fortniters.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I was born in December 25, 2000

I always felt like I was in the middle of some crazy generations fight, I don't even know now which one is where I belong anymore

Everyone from whatever generation seems crazy as far as I can see, including me

edit on 24-8-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I think due to world migration, this generation stuff is all nonsense. The bottom line, it helps stimulate the countries economy.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

It really is not a case of thinking about whether a new generation will be "good" for us. New generations of people come along all the time, its the natural way of things, and the question of whether they will be good for the rest of us is not simply moot, but cannot be asked unless someone misunderstands their place in the human story entirely.

Also, the generalisations involved in the assessment of the differences between these generations, are VERY broad, and therefore cannot be used in a reasonable examination of the situation, in a helpful manner.

Realistically speaking, whether a person is self aware, or self centered, has very little to do with the generation they came up out of, but far more to do with HOW they came up through their lives, and how those lives shaped them. Those things cannot be assumed purely based on their age group or generation, nor can any survey other than a FULL census of the generations concerned, provide accurate and useful data about their opinions on a broad scale. You can tell what the few thousand people questioned thought, but there is no reason to suggest or assume that the scale of the survey or the questions asked, were appropriate to discern anything useful from.

Furthermore, the perceived differences in attitudes would only be indicative of anything, if the people holding them had all come up out of the SAME situation, not different ones. As it is, age and generation membership likely have nothing at all to do with the differences mentioned in the article.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Im not sure what's worse, the younger generation that video chats on their massive phone in public or the older generation that talks super loud on a small Bluetooth ear piece.

I think I'll go with older Bluetooth people.

new topics

top topics

join