It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Norths protective Tariffs Fault in causing the civil war.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

This is ridiculous. You're all getting off topic here. Defending the confederacy literal traitors.
The declaration of secession isn't some made up document. Someone already posted it in this thread.

Like I said before you can say Lincoln this, Lincoln that he's bad blah blah blah.
Slavery was not a money maker anymore, and it was immoral and wrong. The confederates were wrong. And they tried to keep their economic and political fiasco and lost. At th end of the day, slavery was the reason for the civil war.

I gotta ask. Are you upset the confederates didn't win?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PyrokudaBoomBoom
a reply to: Boadicea

The South was a loser. Even the awesome Donald Trump hates losers. He likes "people who didn't lose." He's right. Nobody likes a loser. When I've lost at something in the past, I either realize that I suck at it or I work on myself to improve so I don't lose next time.

Yeah... I hear rapists and serial killers hone their skills too... gotta hate their loser victims, eh???

Because that's what it's all about, right? Might makes right???

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

It hasn't rose already?
Manufacturing, universities, healthcare, clean water, sanitation, laws, etc. You have it all. Just like the North. I'm curious to know what is missing at this point? What thing or event is missing to complete this "The South will Rise Again" thing? Do you want to kill liberals and Yankees or something? Do you want "revenge?" Why do you place so much of your self worth and pride on a stupid war that ended 153 years ago? How triggered did you get when these statues were taken down? Really a statue is THAT important to you in this age? It's just a stone or bronze piece of art. Real ideas and important things aren't going to go away because "it's" statue is gone. I mean, isn't that basically idol worship? Doesn't your old book speak against that? I know history is important, but why attach so much emotional capital to it? A sober and NON-EMOTIONAL look at history is the only way to gain advantage from the lessons of the past. Instead, the bitterness of the loss has been pasted down through generations like some horrible family heirloom. I'm sure you will pass it on to your kids so they can stew and be angry about it. Now, I can understand the bitterness of those generations much closer to the event, but when does that bitterness just need to fade?
This persecution complex the South has is used by people who are too stupid to learn from their mistakes. Instead of introspection, its lazy "blame the other." That's ignoring responsibility on the same level as your mythical "welfare queen" narrative. I'm not sitting in Ohio plotting to make your daughter get an abortion, steal your guns, ban your religion, take your job, or steal from you. You really think I have time to do that? I've got a job and a house to renovate. Do I vote in my self interests sometimes? Of course I do. You don't!?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I can't believe I actually see people defending the confederacy.

Calling out the bad behavior of the north is not defending the confederacy. Nor is it defending slavery.

If you could get beyond the propaganda, you'd realize that the issue is the gross willful violation of Constitutional rights by federal agents/agencies... It happened then and it's happened since and it's still happening now.

Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. And the same is true for those who refuse to even recognize and acknowledge our true history. The end result is the same.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

This is ridiculous. You're all getting off topic here. Defending the confederacy literal traitors.
The declaration of secession isn't some made up document. Someone already posted it in this thread.

Like I said before you can say Lincoln this, Lincoln that he's bad blah blah blah.
Slavery was not a money maker anymore, and it was immoral and wrong. The confederates were wrong. And they tried to keep their economic and political fiasco and lost. At th end of the day, slavery was the reason for the civil war.

I gotta ask. Are you upset the confederates didn't win?

Not at all. Im upset that Lincoln and the north whitewashed the history and how its decimated the south And the entire country for hundred years or so after.
Lincoln and the northerners were the actual traitors here. the constitution even gave the south the rights to leave the country if they saw fit to do so if they voted on it which they did.
And No one was convited of being a Traitor after the civil war so there goes that argument.

You refuse to see reason and think lincoln is a angel who could do no wrong. If thats the case then How come God let him be killed? The civil war was about MONEY and CONTROL. not just slavery.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The war wasn't very long and he tried to get the south to cooperate. But they weren't having it.

No. That's backwards. The southern states tried to work with Lincoln, and he refused to even meet with them. It was Lincoln who refused to cooperate and was hellbent on war.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PyrokudaBoomBoom

umm Idol worship in a biblical sense is praying to or giving offerings to a false God. You need to use another comparison.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

War sucks. War is awful and it does create monsters like Sherman. So why was the South so gleefully wanting war? War has this annoying habit of becoming it's own entity that has been removed from any human control or direction. Did/do you support the wars in Iraq? Do you want to "glass those Iranians?" Because if you do- then you are wishing the exact same thing on those people as your ancestors went through. You don't think those people have/will suffer just as much as your Great-Great-Grandmamma Jacky when she was raped bloody by some animal that allowed war to warp his mind? But i'm sure you just see those middle eastern folks as inhuman godless heathens.
I don't want war. I want to stop war. Why do you want to relive a war?

(post by PyrokudaBoomBoom removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If nothing else, the south needs to throw off the yoke of histories that describe them as racists and traitors.

They were not traitors. They fought for their homes and families which were invaded by the north. Basically the entire war was fought in the south. They were loyal to their states.

The union was a voluntary federation of sovereign states at the time. If some country quit the UN would you call them a traitor? And invade them? For that matter, do you think Britain is a traitor for leaving the EU?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Feel free to show where I used the word "traitor." Then I will answer your copy-and-paste-defend-muh-heritage questions.
edit on 24-8-2018 by PyrokudaBoomBoom because: Me no spell spell so well well

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Hey Dude- off topic. You into pyrotechnics? I've always wanted to go to the Folk celebration in Britain. I belong to a US amateur pyrotechnics group. We don't try and blow up political targets though. Just make pretty colors in the sky.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PyrokudaBoomBoom

Feel free to show where I used the word "traitor." Then I will answer your copy-and-paste-defend-muh-history questions.

You didn't. I should have directed some of those comments to one of the people in this thread that did say that, not you.

Nevertheless it still stands that the south is represented in an unflattering light in schools across the country.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Then get a History Degree (Unless you already do) and prove otherwise. Do the real research into the massive amounts of documents and testimony from that time. Don't let your veneration for some long lost relative or figure cloud your judgement. If you are not going to do that, then just move on.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If you knew anything about my posting history, you would already know that I am a staunch defender and protector of EVERYONE's natural and inalienable right to life, and staunchly condemn the many many ways that society choose to kill and "justify" murder. That includes war. That includes invading Iraq.

But you don't know, and yet you presumed to judge me, think the worst of me, and seemed quite gleeful at the thought of my great-great-granny being "raped bloody by some animal." Just like you presume the worst of everyone in the south and judge them the same way... and you seem quite gleeful of the terrorism waged by Lincoln et al on the south -- including the Black folks you pretend to advocate for. Gotcha.

Sick. But thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Dude how the hell did you get "gleeful at the thought of my great-great-granny being raped bloody by some animal"?
OK so since you are having an issue with the definition of words lets take some time to explain this concept:
Showing some kind of approval of an event usually includes these word: blessing, confirmation, consent, endorsement, go-ahead, green light, license, mandate, permission, ratification, recommendation, sanction, support, they had it coming, etc. Had to use The Left Wing Google to help me with that list. Anyways, do you see ANY of those words or phrases in my post? No you don't, unless you are high or have a severe case of diabetes. Do I really have to explain this context? OK then so be it: I'm not saying I wanted that to happen to any persons then. OR NOW! If you did truly not support the Iraq War, then I apologize for that. It's just there are an awful lot of folks now a days that seem to say they didn't support it. (In my weak defense, I don't have time to read a persons post history. Do you?) I was there- and let me tell you- I found nothing but hate from me saying it was a really bad idea. I have to say, the most hateful stuff came from those God Fearing Good Ole Southern Boys. That is, when I could understand them as they tried to produce words around the chaw in their mouths. BTW- What is it with this spit cup thing and rednecks? Classy.
As to the "presume the worst of everyone in the south" thing. I'm not judging the many innocent victims that were just trying to live their lives and try and find some kind of happiness to make life worth something. However, there WERE enough people who do deserve judgement to be able to make some accurate short statements about the South. Notice that all those folks are the ones with statues made of them. The North had some crappy things going on to. YES, YES, and YES. My point is- the war was stupid. The war was unnecessary. The war was unwinnable. And can you even really say the North won? Did they really gain anything? Do you really think the hell the South went through was worth it? The jacked up stuff that happened down there after the war (some because of the North) was worth it? Do you think risking that again is worth it? We shouldn't be fighting some moronic 152 year old battle. You and I have the same language and (mostly) similar culture. We are stronger together.

Why does the CW have such an emotional attachment to you? Why?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So did "every man and women that fought for" the NAZI's in WW2 do so to defend the ideas of the NAZI's? This is a moronic argument that you actually think is clever. It's not. Did you get this from some YouTube "Historian" Video? The fact is, there was a MAJORITY of men and woman who did indeed fight to defend slavery (slavery being just a very small part of it). I'll call it "to preserve the culture of the South." Whatever that means. You are correct, the average poor white was just trying to mostly protect his property and family. However, it was the leadership that HE supported/voted for that put him in that position. Yet to this day, his bitter loser ancestors still blame the North 100%

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Showing some kind of approval of an event usually includes these word: blessing, confirmation, consent, endorsement, go-ahead, green light, license, mandate, permission, ratification, recommendation, sanction, support, they had it coming, etc. Had to use The Left Wing Google to help me with that list. Anyways, do you see ANY of those words or phrases in my post?

Fair enough... more than fair enough. But please use that same standard when addressing those of us who refuse to excuse or ignore or justify the wrongs of the north. No one is using those words in regards to slavery and the south. And no one is trying to do so.

We shouldn't be fighting some moronic 152 year old battle. You and I have the same language and (mostly) similar culture. We are stronger together.

Why does the CW have such an emotional attachment to you? Why

Because it's not "some moronic 152 year old battle." The same crony capitalist government overreach via bullying, intimidation and the point of a gun under color of law is still happening today. The forces that forced a civil war hated Blacks and only used their plight for public sympathy... and once the war was won, they subjugated and repressed the Black population for their own purposes -- right along with the rest of the southern population; and they have brutalized and abused the Black people for their own purposes -- right along with the rest of us. And it continues to get worse.

Some of the Constitutional abuses of the feds and the north have been clawed back; but not all. And if we refuse to even see our true history, we cannot learn from that history, and we will repeat that history.

We can do better. But we have to recognize our mistakes first.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You did it again. What is wrong with you? 8 hours of sleep is important. Listen to your mother.
Again- where did I say the North wasn't also a bad actor? You know us Damn Yankees also suffer from that "crony capitalist" madness too. Or do you honestly think it's a 24-7 party up here? You know we dance, drink, and look South and feel sorry for you. No- that doesn't happen. You think the South has a monopoly on suffering in this country? There is that moronic Southern Persecution Complex again. It's like you are unable to have any empathy for "the other." Got news for you: "The Other" often has a hard time too. They also have their jobs shipped overseas. They also have their pay and benefits cut. They also have to send their kids to bad schools. IF you want to be a partisan hack (not saying you are) and just blame the Dems for this, there is zero hope for you and you should not procreate. The Republicans bear a HUGE responsibility for the crony capitalism. They bear a HUGE responsibility for the role back in consumer protections. I spent 3 god d@mn hours on the phone with my horrible cable company the other day because they can't even keep a constant connection to my house. Why? Because Republicans removed any meaningful regulations that would keep the cable company from taking advantage of me. Then on top of that- they outlaw my small communities ability to create it's own town owned internet service. The Democrats tried to stop that one.
I'm probably rambling now- sorry

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm back- sorry.

You said: "We can do better. But we have to recognize our mistakes first." This is a good statement. Yet I see ZERO introspection on what the South did wrong from you. It's all North this, North that.
Come on dude... think. Please

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join