It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California lawmakers pass bill to erase old pot convictions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I used to do security for a large warehouse and worked closely with hiring staff,read one of their applications,said if any convictions from pot were to be overlooked,no basis on hiring,and that was almost 3 yrs ago,never was a big deal here,unless you had large quantitys

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Sponsored by Monsanto?

Show your work.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sound not only good but proper.
Now if a pot charge was your third strike will that mean those folks can get out of jail?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I imagine so.

We know people who had serious opiate, and or alcohol abuse problems, who were able to use the cannabis to help them to get off that stuff and stay off. Its saved their lives. Why should something like that be illegal?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Oooooh, a link to a page from my hometown.

This seems like a good idea on the surface, for sure, but I wonder if it conflicts with federal mandatory sentencing. I'm not saying that the state shouldn't be able to deal with this at their own level, but I just wonder if it's going to create a conflict of interest since it's still an ignorant issue at the federal level.

That said, I like that the onus is on the state to review, but what it didn't note is whether or not there is a way to appeal on behalf of yourself--state employees will miss things, so the citizen should be able to bring their case up for review personally.

Still, it's a great step in a war on drugs that has caused negative outcomes that far outweigh the good.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Misdemeanors drop off after a time,anyway
Felony possession cannot be erased.

What it sounds like is the bill causes mandatory appellate reviews, and absolutely convictions and sentences can be adjusted during an appeal process.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Tundra

Read the title too fast, thought it said pedo for a second.

I guess that's still a few cars back on the crazy train that is California. So that one will hit the station at some point I'm sure.

You know what is sad? You are probably right, i hope you're not.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: rollanotherone

Sponsored by Monsanto?

Show your work.

Sarcasm is lost on you.

Point being, Monsanto had a dog in this fight now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join