It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I guess it's time for some of the Charlottesville Supremacists to pay the piper.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The majority of the town wanted the statues gone. Should they be expected to forgo their autonomy in favor of the wants of Nazis?

The man who donated the land and statues would be surprised to learn he was a Nazi considering he lived before there even was a Nazi party. What do statues of Confederate generals have to do with Nazis ?

What does democracy have to do with destroying or removing anything given to a city? Does that mean anything and everything is up for a vote? "We don't like those folks across the train tracks - we're the majority so we vote they move out ".
edit on 26-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

our constitution grants each level of gov't an amount of freedom to govern their domain in service to their own constituents.
ya know federal gov't has limited amount of power to interfere with how the state gov't's operate their state parks. the federal gov't has their own parks that is within their governing domain. the same goes for city gov't.
The park is under the city's domain, the people of the city vote for representatives to make decisions for the operation of the city. the people are those elected representatives constituents and those representatives are there to serve those constituents, not large national special interest groups! That is how democracy works in our country.
the republic part of our gov't comes in when something like your example of the people on the other side of the tracks. the republic guarantees each person constitutional rights, and forcing those who the majority doesn't wish to be within their community for whatever reason conflicts with those rights. being able to dictate, or coerce, cities and towns and communities you are not a part of to ignore the will of their own constituents, their own beliefs at to what it best for their own community, because you want you pet statue to remain in their community park isn't covered in those rights!!!

why do I get the feeling that how our gov't is designed to work, something which I was taught beginning in grade school it is now considered a university level course or something?
and by the way, you people on the other side of the tracks bit, well, those white separatists, nazi, or whatever you want to call them have been known to try something like this. move into a small isolated town in the midwest, start buying up land and homes and moving like minded people into them and then try to force those they don't want in,.... interracial couples, ect. out. but, hey the majority rules bit, I guess, is okay, as long as the majority is ruling in agreement with what you believe, right???

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JBurns

Multiple studies have shown that Right Wing extremists commit way more acts of violence than Left Wing extremists. I know it's not a narrative users of this site like but it's true.

In fact, Right Wing extremists killed more people in the US last year than any other extremist group.

Or...

It takes a strange act of the mind to overlook leftist violence in the American present and recent past. It’s as if attributing deep hate to right-leaning people was a drug.

Liberals pay themselves a compliment when they attribute vice to their adversaries, and they double down on back-patting when they (putatively) rise above politics after one of their own commits violence.

link
edit on 29-8-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

David Duke votes Republican. Yeah I know he's ex-Klan.

That's not the only Ex Mr.Duke wears as a title... Did everyone forget ? David Duke was a big deal in the Democratic party, he was even a candidate for the Democrat Nominee in the 1989 Presidential run. Duke, got "Bernie'ed" though for Ducacuss… The same Ducacuss that wore a clansmen's robe/uniform for the televised presidential debate against Bush Sr.

Duke said, that's it i'm done with the DNC; I want to be a Republican ! The RNC said, ya we can't stop you from claiming that... But what no one that loves claiming Duke is a republican racist seems to remember HOW he became a self-proclaimed member of the opposite party. Or ever shows how the RNC provides nothing to Duke.

Weird, selective memory is selective.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The statue was donated to the city. It is public property. Therefore the residents of the town have a say in whether or not it stays.

If a German community in the US decided to erect a statue of Hitler at the height of his popularity, would you expect that statue to remain today?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

One of the studies I'm referring to was done by the Trump administration. Another was done by a Conservative think tank.

But I'm sure they both want to cover up violence committed by Leftist extremists.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join