It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else see the Irony? The National Enquirer....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was listening to Fox News at 2pm.

That's really early. Usually people consume their propaganda at night while getting ready for bed. A lot of people actually let it run in the background while they're sleeping, that's when the propaganda is the most effective actually. It goes straight to your subconscious and you start arguing over what they want you to believe.

The same goes for CNN, only it makes it's viewers part of the opposite stance. We end up fighting each other so much we miss the real issues and instead we're fixated on the tabloid BS narrative they're pushing.

Trump is the center of the show and he knows it.
edit on 8/23/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's why I use the "sleep" feature.

Bad dreams.

Bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: icanteven

REALLY? You just showed me that there is no point in engaging you after that comment.

1) Record low unemployment ( including record low minority unemployment)
2) individual mandate … GONE
3) Lower Taxes
4) Bonuses being paid
5) Wages up (mine at least)
6) N.Korea Talks
7) 4% + GDP ( even though obama said we would never see anything higher than 3's again)
8) Manufacturing jobs returning ( even though obama said that was not possible without a "magic wand")
9) Better Trade Deals( even though obama said that was not possible)

I could keep going, but this is my last response to you as you have shown how unhinged you are.

1 - This has nothing to do with Trump. It started with Obama.

2 - I don't see this as a good thing. It is intended to harm people who obtain insurance through the ACA.

3 - Lower taxes at the cost of ballooning deficits and the majority going to the top 1% and corporations. Enriching the rich isn't good.

4 - Do you mean to CEOs? Most of the corporate tax cuts are being used for stock buybacks.

5 - Good for you. That's not the case for most Americans.

6 - I don't see what that accomplished other than bolstering Kim Jong Un's reputation.

7 - Again, this has nothing to do with Trump but everything to do with the economic momentum that began with Obama.

8 - The economy added 190k manufacturing jobs in 2018. In 2014, the economy added 208k manufacturing jobs. Again, another trend that started with Obama and not matched.

9 - Tarriffs aren't deals. They drive the prices up for consumers. Have you looked at the cost of building materials lately? Tarriffs are being passed along to everyday Americans and some businesses have folded because of the cost of inputs.

As for your rude comment about me being unhinged, I would rather be unhinged than a sycophant for Trump. And if unhinged means standing up for people at the bottom of the economic ladder as opposed to the 1%, count me in.

I guess there is one thing that is good about Trump, though it isn't something he intended. He has unmasked the hate and white nationalism that was hidden in our society by bringing it out of the open. And, he showed his cards by equating neo-nazis with other protesters with his "both sides" comment.

edit on 24-8-2018 by icanteven because: Fixed a few typos

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Are you just now catching on to the undertones of all this nonsense? They're waving the fact that it's all bull# theater in our faces and yet we're still believing it's true. Their divide and conquer campaign is working so well. Hillary, Trump and everyone else will be greatly rewarded for their efforts.

Or maybe they got their rewards in advance and are now paying them back? Seems like it to me.

Give it a rest already. There are waaaaay to many people involved in this grand conspiracy for it to succeed.

Loose lips sink ships.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: icanteven

REALLY? You just showed me that there is no point in engaging you after that comment.

1) Record low unemployment ( including record low minority unemployment)
2) individual mandate … GONE
3) Lower Taxes
4) Bonuses being paid
5) Wages up (mine at least)
6) N.Korea Talks
7) 4% + GDP ( even though obama said we would never see anything higher than 3's again)
8) Manufacturing jobs returning ( even though obama said that was not possible without a "magic wand")
9) Better Trade Deals( even though obama said that was not possible)

I could keep going, but this is my last response to you as you have shown how unhinged you are.

1 - This has nothing to do with Trump. It started with Obama.

2 - I don't see this as a good thing. It is intended to harm people who obtain insurance through the ACA.

3 - Lower taxes at the cost of ballooning deficits and the majority going to the top 1% and corporations. Enriching the rich isn't good.

4 - Do you mean to CEOs? Most of the corporate tax cuts are being used for stock buybacks.

5 - Good for you. That's not the case for most Americans.

6 - I don't see what that accomplished other than bolstering Kim Jong Un's reputation.

7 - Again, this has nothing to do with Trump but everything to do with the economic momentum that began with Obama.

8 - The economy added 190k manufacturing jobs in 2018. In 2014, the economy added 208k manufacturing jobs. Again, another trend that started with Obama and not matched.

9 - Tarriffs aren't deals. They drive the prices up for consumers. Have you looked at the cost of building materials lately? Tarriffs are being passed along to everyday Americans and some businesses have folded because of the cost of inputs.

As for your rude comment about me being unhinged, I would rather be unhinged than a sycophant for Trump. And if unhinged means standing up for people at the bottom of the economic ladder as opposed to the 1%, count me in.

I guess there is one thing that is good about Trump, though it isn't something he intended. He has unmasked the hate and white nationalism that was hidden in our society by bringing it out of the open. And, he showed his cards by equating neo-nazis with other protesters with his "both sides" comment.

1. No it didn't
2. Of course, because the plan is to undo the ACA.
3-4 Trump hasn't rolled out phase 2 of his tax plan. Are you against the companies that gave $1000 to their employees shortly after the passage of the tax cuts?
5. Wouldn't be the case for anyone if it were a Dem running the show.
6. More progress made than anyone else in the last few decades.
7. So Obama contradicted himself? Can't have it both ways.
8. Even CNBC showsthat 327,000 were created in the past year.
9. Short term pain for long term gain. Opportunity abound for entrepreneurs that can bring domestic products to the market in place of the more expensive imports, stimulating the economy from both ends.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

We won't see eye to eye. Our definitions of a more perfect union are in opposition. Your positions advocate for an America where life is harder for the next generation, where health care is a privilege, not a right. Where higher education becomes more untainable and expensive year over year and where the rich are getting richer while the poor fight for scraps.

I still believe in the promise of a better America for everyone; those of limited means and in the middle class deserve a safety net to catch them when they try to do better. When you're not at the top of the economic ladder, one mistake or illness can lead to bankruptcy. The person working the counter at McDonald's, which is a hard job, should be able to afford housing and get vacation days to spend more time with family.

I don't see republican policy bringing us anywhere close to a better country. Under Trump, it seems that 30 percent of the country wants to create an environment where life is nasty, brutal and short.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join