It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort juror said one holdout 'exasperated' others with her logic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Question (and for anyone else who wants t op answer).

So pardon is off the table..

Would a commutation be ok? For those who dont know what it is it allows the convicted person out of his sentence (jail time / probation / ankle monitoring / etc) but keeps the guilty verdict in place.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Any particular reason for it?

While this may be Manafort's first conviction, I sort of doubt he's new to the game.

edit on 8/24/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'd say that depends on how hard the judge throws the book at him. I repeat my belief that 80 years is excessive...

So if he receives the equivalent of a life sentence, I wouldn't mind seeing that sentence commuted down to a reasonable time. I don't agree with zero prison time.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Manafort is not part of this administration, never was, he was briefly a campaign chairman.

He said the corruption that envelopes this administration, that's not the same as saying Manafort was a part of the administration.

Then why bring it up?

Simple, because corruption surrounding this administration is ultimately what's in question for the Special Counsel.

Manafort's crimes were commited during this administration ? They were committed under this administration ?
No ?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

It doesn't matter. The crimes still surround this current administration.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It matters a lot... You're implying Trump is guilty of Manafort's crime a decade before even being a candidate.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

It matters a lot... You're implying Trump is guilty of Manafort's crime a decade before even being a candidate.

That would take a helluva stretch. I think youre not reading it properly maybe

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

No...no...the crimes were committed back in 2006, at least some were. None of the convictions came from anything committed while a part of the campaign and Manafort never held a position in the administration.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
March 7, 2019

Today, Paul Manafort was sentenced to 47 months in prison. (9 have been served already). Judge Ellis said the 24 year sentence recommendation from Bob Mueller was crazy.

www.foxnews.com...

Bob Mueller's indictments have been akin to using a sledge-hammer to squash ants, in this witch-hunt. Retired NYC prosecutor (Andy McCarthy) said a freshman Federal Prosecutor could have done what Mueller has "accomplished" over the past 2 years, using 90% fewer resources.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join