It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s Outer-Space Gospel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Mike Pence has been the unofficial spokesperson for the U.S. space program, touring nasa centers and delivering remarks about the country’s ambitions on behalf of the president. Even now that nasa finally has an administrator—it took nearly 15 months after the inauguration to get a Donald Trump nominee into the job—Pence remains the headliner at space-related events.

We all know or should by now, that the stars we're not made simply for our viewing pleasure. I could go on about the many different theories but, that's all been talked about here. My feeling is that we are/have been under an attack from above, and will soon to be on the offensive. W either it be from Solar Flares,Big Rocks,ET's I don't know. Look at a few of VP Pence's comments

And when Pence speaks of space exploration, he speaks not only of the frontier, but of faith. His speeches sometimes sound more like sermons. Here Pence was at the inaugural meeting of the National Space Council, in October of last year: As President Trump has said, in his words, “It is America’s destiny to be the leader amongst nations on our adventure into the great unknown.” And today we begin the latest chapter of that adventure. But as we embark, let us have faith. Faith that, as the Old Book teaches us that if we rise to the heavens, He will be there.

And then, in April of this year, at a gathering of space-industry professionals: And as we renew our commitment to lead, let’s go with confidence and let’s go with faith—the faith that we do not go alone. For as millions of Americans have believed throughout the long and storied history of this nation of pioneers, I believe, as well, there is nowhere we can go from His spirit; that if we rise on the wings of the dawn, settle on the far side of the sea, even if we go up to the heavens, even there His hand will guide us, and His right hand will hold us fast.

And earlier this month, at a press conference about Trump’s proposed Space Force: Just as generations of Americans have carried those who have taken to the skies in the defense of freedom borne upon their prayers, I want to assure all of you, who will be called to this enterprise, that you can be confident. You can be confident that you will go with the prayers of millions of Americans who will claim on your behalf, as generations have claimed before, those ancient words, that if you “rise on the wings of the dawn, if [you] settle on the far side of the sea,” even if you go up to the heavens, “even there His hand will guide [you], His right hand will hold [you] fast.” And He will hold fast this great nation in the great beyond.

www.theatlantic.com...

I understand the need to protect our immediate space from Russia,China and others from getting to our satelites, ICBM intercept capabilities ect. This however feel's different, I believe we have had a Space Force for decades at least. Given that, is this a faith led first step to disclosing what will soon be undeniable. That we have been or soon will be engaged in something "Biblical" It clearly identifies it's effect to be that of "fighting wars in space"

Space Force: all you need to know about Trump's bold new interstellar plan Mike Pence announced on Thursday a new military branch dedicated to fighting wars in space – but what is Space Force?

www.theguardian.com...

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

And today we begin the latest chapter of that adventure. But as we embark, let us have faith. Faith that, as the Old Book teaches us that if we rise to the heavens, He will be there.

That actually didn't work out too well for the residents of Babel.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I do believe it is mankind's destiny. And has been since the beginning. We must go out there and find from which we came. It is crucial. Anyone of any faith shpuld believe the same imo.

If there is a god in any form be that a man or the universe itself, god is out there.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightdhype

I agree fully, I am just trying to understand the reason for the timing. This is something they do behind the scenes..untill now.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

” And today we begin the latest chapter of that adventure. But as we embark, let us have faith. Faith that, as the Old Book teaches us that if we rise to the heavens, He will be there.

Mike Pence is a Scary man , not sure his space force is going to see God any more than the numerous science missions that are already there.

Trump's space force is more about gaining dominance on Earth than combating ET , space based weapons is the name of the game.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

which make's me feel the announcement of the space force is really an announcement that, we're going to use the one we already have.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Imminent alien invasion.

And yes, I am serious.
edit on 23/8/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I believe you.

Trump-Pence always reminded me of Trumpets
edit on 23-8-2018 by Sabrechucker because: add

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: vinifalou

I believe you.

Trump-Pence always reminded me of Trumpets

Of course and in a way that seems really cool right! WOW encoded in the bible was Trump and Pence!! HOLY!...WHOA Wait a minute you say the Bible was written in Hebrew and Greek, and the words for Trumpet is completely different sounding...ah well never mind.

Not to mention I don't recall demons flying down on chariots or other alien invasions encoded in that book either.
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 23 Aug 2018 17:08:05 -0500pm5America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Calm down...jezus

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

a reply to: abeverage

Calm down...jezus

I am calm my son...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Imminent alien invasion.

And yes, I am serious.

Wanna guess whose side I'm gonna be on? Here's a hint: I'm brushing up on my Ack acks.
edit on 23-8-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

They'll be able to tell

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Maybe Pence thinks they are really going to meet with god.

Or he/Trump have a few friends that want to make money from space exploration and are using the religion card the help getting people on their side.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just what we need another religion driven fringe armed service of little worth.

Fundamentalist Christianity has been gaining ground in the U.S. military, especially after 9/11.

In 2011, it was revealed that chaplains at another California Air Force base, Vandenburg, were teaching a course in “Christian Just War Theory,” in which[color=yellow] they used the Bible and Christ’s teachings to justify atomic warfare.

A year before that, the military admitted that hundreds of thousands of high-powered rifle sights inscribed with “Jesus secret codes” were being provided to troops in the Middle East—a direct violation of military rules prohibiting religious proselytizing in Iraq and Afghanistan in order to avoid accusations of a “crusade.”

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

a reply to: wylekat

They'll be able to tell

And I look ridiculous in a bubble helmet.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Maybe Pence thinks they are really going to meet with god.

They piss off the right (wrong) species or people, they will- in a brilliant flash of light and a hell of a kaboom.
edit on 23-8-2018 by wylekat because: I missed an F with a hiccup. (urp)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
They piss off the right (wrong) species or people, they will- in a brilliant flash of light and a hell of a kaboom.

Or they will find out that there is no god.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

What does the 'Old Book' teach anyone about space exploration? Its loudest proponents think science is 'an opinion.'

It's strange seeing Manifest Destiny being cited in 2017. Sure, it never gets tired seeing American exceptionalism, but it's been a long time since I saw a US politician claim it's God that wants America in space. This is why separation of Church and State came about. It stops people who think God speaks to them from making national policy decisions.

It's such a short step from "God wants us to bomb Iran." "I'm running for President. It's what God wants!!"

What do you think?

The science of space exploration has no place for religious zealots. On the other hand, I'm sure NASA can swallow its contempt in exchange for greater budgets.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Meanwhile in Russia...

They seem to've established a harmonious relationship between religion and space exploration. Their priests even sanctify ICBM silos and other sites and events that have nothing to do with religion.

Unless I'm mistaken, all new cosmonauts require to be baptised before going to space.
edit on 24-8-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join