It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tide is Turning Against Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Only on media,liberal magazines,they use fake polls etc,the truth people are more optimistic seeing actual changes for the worker,as usual the unemployed,addicts welfare recipients are ones who complain,they see their free lunch going by the wayside,the TV is a good source of entertainment for many,but as far as any knowledge far from that

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Breakthestreak

NONE of it detracts from his policies. None of it. "What's that?" you hear a liberal saying. "What's policies?"

Attacking the press. Attacking law enforcement. Elevating and legitimizing dictators. Starting an inflationary trade war with China. Starting alliance busting trade wars with our allies. Hiring corrupt lobbyists to head the agencies that regulate their industries. Signing tax breaks for the rich. Sucking up to Putin. Are those the policies his supporters want?

Really Now ......

Obama's Attacks on Journalists are Worst Since Nixon

Obama’s Assault on the Police

President Obama legitimizing a dictator, snubbing an ally?

Obama's G-20 Trade War

Obama administration packed with lobbyists he vowed not to hire

Obama's suck-up to Russia continues, but Putin snubs Camp David invite

NEXT Fantasy .......

edit on 8242018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

edit on 8242018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry Sparky but I'm of the opposite. Since he's stopped the ridiculous Twitter crap(my major beef) I'm actually moving the other way. I dismiss his "style" most times and he seems to be doing OK. Which is about what you can expect of most presidents. What you may be perceiving is a lull in the rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: UKTruth

I’m fairly sure he did go after Washington at least though, not so sure about the media but it’s only in recent times the majority have woken up to the biased farce they are. If anything I think Ron Paul was just to unknown or to out there for the masses to pay attention to at the time. But still I’d have thought he would have done better.

Didn’t Bernie Sanders give his support to Hillary after? The guy was a stooge IMO.

Yeah Bernie folded like a cheap suit.
Ron Paul should have used much more direct language. He tried to educate the public on areas like the federal reserve. You can't do that in a campaign. The messages have to be simple and clear, and repeated often. It's sad it's like that but it's true.

The messages were simple and clear from the gov and remain side during the brexit campaign. It was a massive shock to many myself included when people voted out. Similar thing with Trump winning. Either the propaganda machines have lost their grip on the public or their doing some massive far out MKUltra type mind meddling to further divide and conquer.

Either way I think with both the Trump presidency and the brexit shambles people are seeing what a joke and just how corrupt the whole system is. Maybe the dark powers that shouldn’t be are finally losing their grip on things?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Oh, and how could we forget about Gary Johnson, that dude had to have been a planted shill. He went out of his way to be a dumbass.

He's the reason why I voted for who I did. Imbecile.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The tide has been turning since 2015. Sorry, the detractors are the ones drowning not Trump or the rest of the US.

350 million people in the US. We are all enjoying our tax cuts, jobs and looking for more prosperity.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

2nd was voting for the person that best represented American values 1st, not globalism.

You don't mean values in a moral sense then.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

350 million people in the US. We are all enjoying our tax cuts, jobs and looking for more prosperity.

I heard that a lot in 2006.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

To your points about Trump, he is an outsider like some we've seen in the past.

Ross Perot showed you couldn't win on an independent platform even if you were part of the debates. He got around 18% of popular vote but no electoral college, he also took votes from the Republicans which they credit Bill Clinton's win to, possibly being the foundation for discontent of 3rd party by the two parties.

Ron Paul was wise enough to run as a Republican even though he was an independent., but with few endorsements and little media attention, he fizzled out. Had he ran a bit later, I think social media could have helped his campaign.

Bernie Sanders was the most successful IMO granted his resources and lack of media attention. Bernie while neck and neck with Hillary (probably ahead) only got a third of the media attention as her, take that for what you will.

Donald Trump was an anomaly, if he played by the rules he wouldn't win. It is estimated he got 2-5 billion dollars worth of free media (in the form of negative publicity). From his book though art of the deal, all publicity is good publicity.

I agree with your points about Rand, but is there anyone out there like Ron that people could get behind in the next election?

I can't think of anyone, and I'll be surprised to see one if they arise. I wouldn't care if they lean left or right so long as they are honest, sincere, and have a platform that I can agree on a few key issues.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, and how could we forget about Gary Johnson, that dude had to have been a planted shill. He went out of his way to be a dumbass.

He's the reason why I voted for who I did. Imbecile.

The libertarian party really dropped the ball on that one. I think they ran with him because at least he was a governor, so he had credentials.

Frankly, I think the libertarian party needs to do an overhaul. There are too many misconceptions about them, and right now I think they could over take either the DNC or GOP as they have ideals that are compatible with both.

Question is, would the libertarian party retain their values should they get the status of major party?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Question is, would the libertarian party retain their values should they get the status of major party?

How would that come about?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

With first past the post it would be a challenge to maintain the ideology since one of the wacko parties that it displaces, i.e. Democrats and Republicans, would try to take over since they'd be out in the cold where they belong.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

How would that come about?

People inherently know that the GOP and the DNC are corrupt, beholden only to the major donors and not their declared principles. The proof was the 2016 election, where Bernie arguably should have gotten the ticket as an outsider and Trump did.

Both parties have proved they are willing to play dirty to keep candidates who will play ball on the ticket, any threat to that will be suppressed and the media has proven to be complicit in that act.

Sooner or later, either citizens wake up to the fact they already know deep down.

The libertarian party offers values that can appeal to both sides, moderates, and independents. They are the only party I can see becoming a contender.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The libertarian party offers values that can appeal to both sides, moderates, and independents. They are the only party I can see becoming a contender.

We need to change our perception as the party of successful middle aged white guys even though most of us are successful middle age white guys.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That is my concern.

I fear the only way we could truly fix our political climate is getting rid of parties all together. Of course I know that is a pipe dream, but the parties just have no true ideology, only obligation to who funds them.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So it's just a numbers game? On what level? I'm just trying to figure out how the LP can get status of "major party". Maybe that means something different down south.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

We need to change our perception as the party of successful middle aged white guys even though most of us are successful middle age white guys.

They also need to do a better job on selling their stance on issues to both parties. The biggest obstacle is their stance on reduced government, that needs to be changed to more efficient government, something everyone can get behind.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

They also need to do a better job on selling their stance on issues to both parties. The biggest obstacle is their stance on reduced government, that needs to be changed to more efficient government, something everyone can get behind.

Agreed on both points. There's just no one right now with the right charisma to promote the party since: bland middle age white guys. We're the epitome of cracker ass crackers.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So it's just a numbers game? On what level? I'm just trying to figure out how the LP can get status of "major party". Maybe that means something different down south.

The writing is on the wall, people are sick of the BS candidates both parties put up, and I'll be the first to say the GOP is the worst. McCain? Are you effing kidding me? Throw on Palin and that ticket is a slap to the face. Romney? GTFO of here. 2016 didn't offer anything better.

Then we have the Democrats, king of getting candidates who are smooth talkers willing to go against their whole platform the second they get the win. Aside from Hillary they have been great at getting incredible speakers that are charming and charismatic, and that's where my praise stops. They are the GOP with more attention to social programs in the sense of bloated spending.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Agreed on both points. There's just no one right now with the right charisma to promote the party since: bland middle age white guys. We're the epitome of cracker ass crackers.

Charisma is a double edged sword. I'd personally rather have conviction, but then again, I'm a cracker ass cracker. Charisma has almost always proven to be a sign of fakeness IMO with the exception of JFK.

I think they could get away with redefining their platform while pitching it better.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join