It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tide is Turning Against Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

The President is the ultimate power in the Executive Branch and once elected can administer the country according to the law of the land as he sees fit. Under the Constitution, federal law has supremacy over state law.

Wrong on several counts. The Executive Branch shares power with two other branches, and Executive Orders can be over-ruled by them. The Constitution gives all powers not explicitly given to the Federal government entirely to state governments. Every state has the right to sue the federal government if it feels that laws or regulations infringe those rights. Finally, Congress has the right to remove that Chief Executive on vaguely worded grounds. If a president proves to be a political danger to Congress, those grounds can be found. This is what has been happening to Trump. His lack of a mandate has led to political divisiveness and inevitable defections. Trump's election was a Cadmean victory.

Your post just shows how clueless you are. I'm glad you posted it.

As I said - correctly - the President has ultimate power over the Executive branch and can administer the country according to the law.
I didn't say he had ultimate power over the US Govt. Perhaps you'd like to brush up a bit on what the Executive branch is and come back to the discussion?

I will reiterate also that there is no such thing as a 'mandate from the people' that the President requires You seem to be clinging to your 'national popular vote' comfort blanket.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

As I said - correctly - the President has ultimate power over the Executive branch and can administer the country according to the law.
I didn't say he had ultimate power over the US Govt. Perhaps you'd like to brush up a bit on what the Executive branch is and come back to the discussion?

And as I said- correctly- there are checks and balances that prevent him from administering the country according to his whim.

I will reiterate also that there is no such thing as a 'mandate from the people' that the President requires You seem to be clinging to your 'national popular vote' comfort blanket.

You are completely clueless about politics in a liberal democracy if you do not realize the importance of popular approval, another way of expressing the concept of a "popular mandate." Richard Nixon was a very effective president, but when his popularity waned, events that were routine political skullduggery became an administration ending scandal. You continue to cling to your irrational belief that a narrow electoral victory bestows infinite political capital.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

And as I said- correctly- there are checks and balances that prevent him from administering the country according to his whim.

You are completely clueless about politics in a liberal democracy if you do not realize the importance of popular approval, another way of expressing the concept of a "popular mandate." Richard Nixon was a very effective president, but when his popularity waned, events that were routine political skullduggery became an administration ending scandal. You continue to cling to your irrational belief that a narrow electoral victory bestows infinite political capital.

Who said anything about his 'whim'?
You need to learn how to read and not react before understanding when you've jumped in and made a fool of yourself.

I said that the President has ultimate authority in the Executive branch to administer the country according to the law.
That has nothing to do with his whim, you utter fool.

..and no, a popular mandate is not required for him to carry out his duties.
That is what elections are for.

Seriously stop your baby crying over the national popular vote - it's completely meaningless.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That's not how it works. "All politics is local." Just because a presidential candidate carried a state does not mean that the state legislature will necessarily agree with his agenda. Local concerns about environment, labor laws, etc. may trump federal mandates. The result? Wasteful lawsuits.

Republicans control 31 state legislatures. So again, you're wrong about the popular vote.

Can you provide an example other than FDR?

You've got to be kidding... NLRB appointments and DAPA for starters. Obama lost against the supreme court more than any modern presidency see here

This completely discredits your popular vote garbage, yet again.

All politicians have journalists digging up dirt. It is the politician's fault if they find it.

To an extent, you're correct. I have no desire to push back on this.

#walkaway is a Russian information war campaign:

www.snopes.com...

OMG there is someone that believes #walkaway is a russain information war campaign!? LOL, alternate reality confirmed. You realize it is videos of people posting why they're leaving the democrat party, right? So these are all (or mostly) russians?

Trump supporters are the ones living in an alternate reality. Please wake up.

ummmmmm

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

#walkaway is a Russian information war campaign: 

That is worth highlighting.
So Russia is against the entire dnc now?
Wow

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So... after two years of 24/7 nonstop negative media coverage, two years of never ending investigations with no scopes and no limits turning up nada on Trump, not to mention "collusion" isn't technically even a crime... Shocker. Some of the sheep start to believe it. Congrats!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xtradimensions

My veteran friends have turned their back on him. All but one. But he's the karaoke DJ so I don't talk politics with him. Just classic rock.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

He didn't touch Obama's legacy. He just created his own as a destroyer of policies.
Sorry.
He can't change history. Obamas legacy is intact.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He's impotent.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

No dear. It was his quote.

You had to know this could be proven. Shakes head...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Nothing is keeping him from saying F it, and go back to his private billionaire life, maybe retire

Except the state of New York waiting with a ball and chain.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

Funny the trump supporters I know (and I have a lot of friends who are veterans) are all making the same jokes about him now that I've been making for two years. Lol.
Except for the one with PTSD. He's still on the band wagon but he left most of his thinking mind back in Iraq poor guy.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lucky you!
I escaped into a bottle of tequila. It didn't help.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, he is very important.

Im assuming you made a type o, as that comment is nonsequitur.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He's impotent.

Stormy disagrees

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Lord sides with Donald Trump. That's President Trump to you.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He's impotent.

Stormy disagrees

Unless the hush money was to cover up the impotence...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

He's impotent.

I think you meant Omnipotent!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Enderdog

Funny the trump supporters I know (and I have a lot of friends who are veterans) are all making the same jokes about him now that I've been making for two years. Lol.
Except for the one with PTSD. He's still on the band wagon but he left most of his thinking mind back in Iraq poor guy.

How dare you disparage a person who fought and gave for your freedom. He's not some punchline for you!!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join