It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what did they have on Cohen to make him flip?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I keep wondering what he was facing to take the plea and flip? he must have been in to some really bad shi..

We know what he plead guilty to but what was he really facing?

At the time his office was raided Trump was still on his side so you would think anything he gets convicted of he would just get a pardon as long as he stayed loyal.

So what is Mueller overlooking just to get this dirt on Trump? It must be huge to make him flip on Trump, the one person who can get him out of anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

80 years in jail (think I saw that) plus the loss of all his wealth leaving his family destitute..

that would go a long way to making a lot of people flip.

ETA: I really didn't look to deep into Cohen so my information is likely 3rd hand at best.
edit on 23-8-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hillary had his suicide note already written.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Hillary had his suicide note already written.

LOL

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

80 years in jail (think I saw that) plus the loss of all his wealth leaving his family destitute..

that would go a long way to making a lot of people flip.

ETA: I really didn't look to deep into Cohen so my information is likely 3rd hand at best.

But Trump could just pardon him.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
he must have been in to some really bad shi..

Well considering he was a long time Clinton associate, I'd assume they had something like cannibalism, sex trafficking or satanic rituals on him.

Ya know, companies, they say...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

They reduced his sentence from 80 years to 3-5.
I'd make up s#it and agree to anything they wanted me to for THAT deal.

ANYONE would.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
I keep wondering what he was facing to take the plea and flip? he must have been in to some really bad shi..

We know what he plead guilty to but what was he really facing?

At the time his office was raided Trump was still on his side so you would think anything he gets convicted of he would just get a pardon as long as he stayed loyal.

So what is Mueller overlooking just to get this dirt on Trump? It must be huge to make him flip on Trump, the one person who can get him out of anything.

A pecker with immunity and loads of unflattering testimony?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All for something that is usually punished with a fine.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Could have been a more overt threat... I am one of the nuts that believe Perot had his families lives threatened the first time he ran.

If I am right, and they could do it to a presidential candidate... how hard would it be to make a lawyers family disappear, or go up in a fiery car crash etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

He had limited funds, same as Mike Flynn. This entire fiasco is Mueller with infinitely deep pockets thanks to his handler's grudge and "win at all costs" ideologies versus individuals with finite legal defense funds. Mueller has clearly drug these proceedings out long enough to start really hammering the assets of those he's targetted. That makes them far more likely to cop a plea, especially if their war chests are spent before the case even goes to trial.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

They reduced his sentence from 80 years to 3-5.
I'd make up s#it and agree to anything they wanted me to for THAT deal.

ANYONE would.

No matter what they gave him he was gonna be pardoned if he stayed loyal. So it feels like that is the cover for overlooking something much more sinister,,

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
People he was likely extorting (source of most unreported income) squawked to the "authorities".

"authorities" alert the IRS.

IRS sends info to DOJ in NY.

DOJ in NY gives info to DNC operations.

DNC operations start in mid 2016 when Trump got popular and became a threat to Clinton Campaign.

Threats to Cohen force him to do things possibly damaging to Trump Campaign.

Suddenly the "Women" show up wanting money.

Cohen right there to "accommodate".

Cohen brings Trump in and sets up the stings for later use if necessary.

All goes public, Cohen gets raided.

DNC operations gets Lanny Davis to convince Cohen to sign off on the plea.

Bingo - Blackmail

Lots of details coming.

💥🔑🔓💥

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Pardoned and stone cold broke is still stone cold broke.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Pardoned and stone cold broke is still stone cold broke.

Stay loyal to the billionaire POTUS and you wont be stone cold broke.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This entire fiasco is Mueller with infinitely deep pockets thanks to his handler's grudge

Actually, it is thanks to Mueller's Big Ole Money Tree he is stuffing his pockets and his cronies' pockets from....The American Taxpayer!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

but if they reserved some crimes from this indictment that could be taken down to the state level, the president's pardon power wouldn't be of any help to him.
maybe there could have been other counts that they had proof of as far as bank fraud, or campaign finance, or whatever else he plead guilty of and by what I read, he will not be prosecuted for any crimes under those sections of law for the time period given or maybe he just didn't want certain facts brought out in court especially this close to the midterms. maybe the obedient little knight actually fell on his sword and all the angry outbursts from trump is just for show.
who knows...
but hopefully, the feds left out enough charges that can be charged on the state level that they can fall back on if trump pulls the pardon power on them.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Lmao @ the responses in here.

Cohen is dirty. He pleaded guilty because there was no way he was going to get a not guilty verdict and barring some Trump cult member on the jury forcing a mistrial, he was hit. They gave him a good deal and he took it.

I love the purely political defenses of these people though. Flynn didn't get a raw deal. Flynn got a good deal. Flynn was not only acting as an unregistered foreign lobbyist for Turkey, he knew full well what he was doing was illegal and that's why he was getting paid through a cutout to cover up for it.

And anyone trying to white knight Manafort should never complain about government corruption again, ever.

If you want to bitch that other people are getting off too easy, that's something else but before you start blabbering about Tony Podesta, something that flew largely under the radar that I didn't see posted on ATS:

Feds probing Tony Podesta, Obama lawyer, ex-rep on foreign lobbying after Mueller referral

The U.S. Attorney's office in Manhattan is investigating whether three prominent Washington power players engaged in illegal foreign lobbying, after Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office referred the matter to federal prosecutors, according to a source with knowledge of the matter.

Those under investigation include Tony Podesta, a Democratic lobbyist and co-founder of the onetime lobbying powerhouse the Podesta Group; Vin Weber, a former GOP congressman from Minnesota; and attorney Greg Craig, who worked in the Clinton White House and served as White House counsel for the Obama administration.

The source confirmed that Tony Podesta, Craig and Weber are suspected of failing to register as foreign agents, and that Mueller referred the matter to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York earlier this year.

Stop making clowns of yourselves trying to defend assholes because they're associates of Dear Leader.
edit on 2018-8-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Here is Napolitano's take on it from April.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
People he was likely extorting (source of most unreported income) squawked to the "authorities".

"authorities" alert the IRS.

IRS sends info to DOJ in NY.

DOJ in NY gives info to DNC operations.

DNC operations start in mid 2016 when Trump got popular and became a threat to Clinton Campaign.

Threats to Cohen force him to do things possibly damaging to Trump Campaign.

Suddenly the "Women" show up wanting money.

Cohen right there to "accommodate".

Cohen brings Trump in and sets up the stings for later use if necessary.

All goes public, Cohen gets raided.

DNC operations gets Lanny Davis to convince Cohen to sign off on the plea.

Bingo - Blackmail

Lots of details coming.

💥🔑🔓💥

Ok I am not saying you are correct or incorrect, however, I will say that is one of the cleanest connect the dots to follow tho.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I must say that is a very good guess. Well done but I’m not buying it. You are good at bringing Hdog into everything. Now can you link the big O into this?!?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join