It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthing Grounding try it. It is helping me.

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am not a doctor. I am a 57 year old with a lifetime of medical issues that have never been helped by conventional medicine. Up until 2 years ago, I was doing very well and enjoying life.
In 2015 I began having more panic/anxiety/sadness than ever before. I was always a healthy eater, but I went into overdrive with fruit/veg/homemade food. More water. Etc. Yoga, rest, I did it all. I even do the thing where you stop ll eating and drinking 2 hours before bedtime (that is actually really good, helps)
The health issues became part of my life.
Couple weeks back, I read about earthing. Basically, you go outside and stand on the bare ground (or grass) in your bare feet. I did it and immediately felt a sense of calm. I have been doing it every day for anywhere form 10 mins to 30 mins. It appears to make everything work better. I sleep like an absolute rock most nights. Now, some days I feel crappy because the body seems to be doing some repairs. But in general the anxiety is receding, the panic is less and the sadness is 5 minutes instead of a half hour.

I won't speculate on why this is helping. I urge everyone reading this to study on your own. And try it. I mean, it is free. Two of my friends report tingling in their feet and nerve "itching". Don't do anything that hurts.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think just about every one is experiencing
sadness anxiety and depression these days.
Might be a great time for humans to stand
on Earth without a barrier and chill the F out.
edit on 23-8-2018 by UnderKingsPeak because: arrangements

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: katfish

I do this daily as well! i no longer have a problem with anxiety and i truly believe that grounding is what stopped it.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i used to do this daily. It definitely helps.

I like to add in some visualization and imagine my whole body sinking into the ground while the core of the earth floods my body with colorful energy. I imagine the negative energy flowing out through my feet into the earth.

I basically imagine myself as a giant battery with my legs as the power intake sucking up the earths energy.

At the same time i try to not think about anything else. I go into feeling mode and try to become aware of the electromagnetic field surrounding my body. Sometimes i can feel the field expanding and contracting with each breath.

Thanks for this thread I really need to start getting back into this.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Very interesting -- thank you!

I've never heard the term "earthing grounding" before, or knew that it's "a thing," but I like it. It makes sense too that the energies generated within the earth would work with our own energies to nurture and strengthen and even heal our bodies.

One of the first things I do every morning is go outside and walk around the yard and check out the gardens... barefoot of course! I love being outside while the sun is rising, with the dew still on the grass and plants, everything is so fresh and sparkly.

Awesome to know it's good for me too

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ive heard great results from friends that have used this method, Ive meant to give it a whirl, thank you for your info.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I saw a video of a guy in Alaska that proposed grounding youtu.be... I made my own grounding nodes and have had exceptional physical results.
If I have a sore back, I place the contact there, go to sleep, and if it stays there, the discomfort is gone in the morning.
Fantastic, too good to be true, made for nearly free, I know. But, if used regularly can be as vitamins are used, for the overall long-term wellness of the individual.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I sleep on rocks next to a running creek in the shade of an ancient oak tree.
I feel just fine.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tobd57

that sounds awesome. Your link didnt work by the way. I'm interested though. Is it one of those earthing bed mats?

grounded.com...

was wondering if anyone had any experience with these and what you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I think just being outside has a whole anti-depression effect. The sun, the wind, the sounds of animals and bugs.
I love being outside having sun on my face with a slight breeze going by. It is true bliss.
The smell of fresh cut grass does the same thing to me, I just love it. It instantly calms my mind...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wonder if you could create a conductive/grounding bed with the same principles? Create a bed with conductive metals tied to a grounding rod directly in the earth. If you could somehow get those conducting points to interface with bare flesh while you are sleeping, it should be the same theory?

Or is there something else at play here? Maybe it isn't conduction but some other type of transfer/release of energy that is unrecognized?

This sounds really interesting.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
thank you for the idea. I am going outside right now and do that. My life went to hell 5 years ago, after having a tick attached to the inside of my belly-button. I thought it was a bump that would go away. After 5 days what I thought was a bump was still there. Took a mirror and saw the tick.

There are many people walking around with Lyme Disease, and don't even know it. 50% of people with Lyme Disease do not remember being bitten by a tick.

I bring this up, because a lot of people feel like hell, and don't know why. Lyme Disease will suck the life right out of your body, and mind.

I highly recommend anyone that doesn't already know about Lyme Disease, and how to properly remove a tick, to please read all you can about this. I am basically a walking dead person. So thank you for the information on grounding. I am willing to give it a try.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

My great grandmother was always barefoot (she only wore shoes to church) until the day she died at 101 years of age. She told me your body absorbs minerals from the earth through your bare feet that you might not be getting from the foods you eat and I believe it because she was never sick in my lifetime or my mother's, I never asked my granny so I guess she could have been during her childhood but I doubt it. She also slept in a bed out in her screened in back porch year round for the fresh air.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have been a nelipot my entire life. Used to drive my mother crazy. As I sit here,my feet are dirty from walking around outside with my dog,and I don't care. I never wear shoes unless going into a store from May till October. I'm not a happy person with my feet covered up.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I did this too for awhile and got out of the habit when the chiggers showed up- but, YES!! I had the same results!!! Anxiety was getting bizarre, with the accompanying depression, sadness and terrible insomnia, not to mention weird aches and pains and spasms. Started earthing and experienced immediate improvement, slept like a lamb for the first time in months after my first barefoot walk. It really is incredible. I'm sure debunkers will be in here soon but I agree- everybody should try it, What can it hurt?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't know what else to call it but "grounding" has been our first stage to any sort of ailment.

I'm a believer regardless of the science or lack thereof.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
I did this too for awhile and got out of the habit when the chiggers showed up- but, YES!! I had the same results!!! Anxiety was getting bizarre, with the accompanying depression, sadness and terrible insomnia, not to mention weird aches and pains and spasms. Started earthing and experienced immediate improvement, slept like a lamb for the first time in months after my first barefoot walk. It really is incredible. I'm sure debunkers will be in here soon but I agree- everybody should try it, What can it hurt?

Anxiety can be caused by a imbalance in minerals and elements like calcium, sodium and potassium. I used to be able to drink mineral water, but it just make me ill just now, it's just flushing out all my potassium and overloading me with calcium - we have hard tap-water so that calcium carbonate does bad things.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Grounding exercises are an effective method to take the edge of a manic or depressive phase with bipolar disease, for example. I wouldnl definitely recommend them.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I've gone barefoot whenever possible since I was a youngster. Even when I was on the mainland and it was frickin cold. It must work.

May I also recommend finding an unbroken horizon to gaze upon. The ocean is best, but a prairie works too.

edit on 8/24/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I run a thin cable from a wrist strap to a ground post in the garden outside the bedroom when sleeping or resting. There is a NIH report on a blind study you should read.

new topics

top topics

join