It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration using Federal Disability law to disenfranchise minority voters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Wayfarer

So trump had the buildings built decades ago?

Man that 73829D chess!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

So they have to close because they aren’t in line with the ADA? And that’s trumps fault how?

Trump wants black/minority voters who likely won't vote R to not vote at all.

Max..?
Mad Max..??
Maxine Waters... is that you?? you silly goose - why didn't you just say so?!?!?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: generik

Because the low income areas local governments can't afford to renovate the polling locations to bring them up to spec.

Criminals like cohen and mccabe get hundreds of thousands of dollars on their go fund me pages.

But people cant come up with money to make sure their are wheel chair ramps for disable people to get to vote?

Instead they politicize it and claim its trump trying to keep black people from voting.

Uh, I am sad I have to explain this to you Grambler.....

Poor people don't have extra money. Poor people are not funding any GoFundMe account. Do you really think these poor folks are hording cash and could just fix this anytime and really they're the bad guys in this and Trump is trying to be a good Christian?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Uh, this is the most nonsensical reply in this thread yet. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What a load of bull crap.

If they are not disabled friendly to begin with there is no suppression.

This snip gets old.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Uh, this is the most nonsensical reply in this thread yet. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Make stupid threads, get stupid replies.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Make stupid threads, get stupid replies.

Oh shoot, looks like you just won!

Congrats!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What a load of bull crap.

If they are not disabled friendly to begin with there is no suppression.

This snip gets old.

Its simple. If I want to disenfranchise poor voters, I'll make a law that can only be complied through via funds that poor people don't have. Therefore I'm not a racist or a bad guy, I'm just following the law. Really the poor folks are the bad guys here for not having enough money to comply with the law! And if there's a law that says we can't discriminate through income like this, we'll just have the conservative majority supreme court knock that law down so we can! I mean, really its just a coincidence that we decided to do this once the voting rights act was gutted, Trust Us!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Because the low income areas local governments can't afford to renovate the polling locations to bring them up to spec.

Criminals like cohen and mccabe get hundreds of thousands of dollars on their go fund me pages.

But people cant come up with money to make sure their are wheel chair ramps for disable people to get to vote?

Instead they politicize it and claim its trump trying to keep black people from voting.

Poor people don't have extra money. Poor people are not funding any GoFundMe account. Do you really think these poor folks are hording cash and could just fix this anytime and really they're the bad guys in this and Trump is trying to be a good Christian?

I didnt say the poor in these towns should be the ones to doante money.

I said the people who no doubt hate trump that are donating to criminals mccabe and cohen could instead help build handicap accessible voting places.

But instead they want to politicize it and call trump racist.

If trump is a racist for clsoing these places down

Does that mean that the democrats are discriminatory against the handicap for demanding polling places that they cant have access to be allowed to operate outside of the law?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The ADA was used to enforce handicap accesible options be placed on all public buildings.

Now you are saying what, this law was purposefully placed to put an undue burden on all poor people?

So no doubt you advocate the repeal of the ADA then?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Not buying that. Most polling places I know are Schools. Schools can't be ADA compliant?

I'm sure they are applying this to all voting locations, not just poor minority locations.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I didnt say the poor in these towns should be the ones to doante money.

I said the people who no doubt hate trump that are donating to criminals mccabe and cohen could instead help build handicap accessible voting places.

But instead they want to politicize it and call trump racist.

If trump is a racist for clsoing these places down

Does that mean that the democrats are discriminatory against the handicap for demanding polling places that they cant have access to be allowed to operate outside of the law?

Oh I see, I misunderstood who you were referencing. Well I'm not sure if there are GoFundMe donations coming in for this or not, I'm sure you could check easily (and its probably likely that something of this nature is in the works), but that doesn't change the questionable actions of Trump and his administration in the slightest.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Well we will see! I guess it could be like the 99% Clinton 1% Trump Numbers.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The ADA was used to enforce handicap accesible options be placed on all public buildings.

Now you are saying what, this law was purposefully placed to put an undue burden on all poor people?

In these rural areas polling locations aren't always in public locations. I advocate for the reinstatement of the voting rights act so that federal money would correct these situations in low income areas, as I have been a proponent of eliminating ANY inequality when it comes to voting access.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
OP acts like the Dems dont fill up busses with minorities and do polling rounds every election.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

In these rural areas polling locations aren't always in public locations. I advocate for the reinstatement of the voting rights act so that federal money would correct these situations in low income areas, as I have been a proponent of eliminating ANY inequality when it comes to voting access.

Yes the law that was being used to stop voter ID laws.

I myself find the notion black people are to incompetent to get an ID racist, but I guess I am not progressive enough to treat black people as inferior.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
OP acts like the Dems dont fill up busses with minorities and do polling rounds every election.

How do I act like that?

Surely someone of your immense intelligence can realize we can't literally buss all the poor people in the country to the polls hours away? Surely someone of your cleverness can realize putting burdens on specific voters because they're more likely to vote one party or another is tantamount to the voter restrictions of the Jim Crow era. Surely you've got something better than that....

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

LOL, could you explain how "go fund me" works? I was under the impression if you started up a fund, you didn't have to "fund" it, you were effectively asking others to "fund" it through charity.

But don't worry, if Voter ID passes, this won't be an issue anyway. The left who opposes voter ID told me that Black people can't get ID's like white folk. So they wouldn't be able to vote anyway. Hell, this might save them some time.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yes the law that was being used to stop voter ID laws.

I myself find the notion black people are to incompetent to get an ID racist, but I guess I am not progressive enough to treat black people as inferior.

Rather, its more likely you're not as clever as you think you are and are either subconsciously biased or willfully a lot more evil than you let on.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Not all polling places are public buildings. I've voted in people's garages, fire stations and private community club houses.

It's pretty clear that said buildings are exempt from the ADA, other than for the purpose of polling. These affected communities need to scramble to find better polling places. I wonder if they can?

edit on 23-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join