It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uhhhm, we theeeere yet?!?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Phage

Hopefully some smart Physicist will harness the power of Van Halen and create technology that will take us into the stars.

And you're right. We don't really want Abba in space.

Since the failure of the Diamond Dave warp core, many attempts have been made to engineer around the problem. The attempt using the Superliminal Attenuating Mass Mitigating Yau effect, with the Hagar Drive...failed spectacularly.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

I might have jumped the gun a bit... there was this other article at phys.org:

Nazar and her colleagues switched the organic electrolyte to a more stable inorganic molten salt and the porous carbon cathode to a bifunctional metal oxide catalyst. Then by operating the battery at 150 C, they found that the more stable product Li2O is formed instead of Li2O2. This results in a highly reversible Li-oxygen battery with coulombic efficiency approaching 100 per cent.

By storing O2 as lithium oxide (Li2O) instead of lithium peroxide (Li2O2), the battery not only maintained excellent charging characteristics, it achieved the maximum four-electron transfer in the system, thereby increasing the theoretical energy storage by 50 per cent.

Chemists make breakthrough on road to creating a rechargeable lithium-oxygen battery.

Got your dilithium right there!! Miccey, align the warp coils! I am going to need all she's got!!

And the new graphene aerogel process seems awfully complicated and you have to burn off the polymer. But it is cool that they got it down to 10 microns. I read some guy's idea of making graphene in low earth orbit (LEO) would allow a continuous roll to be made from a liquid vat or something. Manufacturing in LEO will have to be figured out. Glad you are thinking ahead!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
Lets see how many posts before someone actully coments on the articles and what we might be able to do with it...

When people do you ignore them--and the thread. Why should anyone put forth effort here if you're just playing around? It's your damn thread. Pay attention!
edit on 8/23/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It's getting closer, virgin, tesla, few others, now spacex is looking close. There is heaps that has to come together for the full package to make it work. Overall it is too much for one man to do, but as we all focus on the bit and piece it does help it all come together.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What im most annoyed about is the lack of possitive
thinking. Not only in ppl in general but more from
media and gvmts..

The attitude is more like, "this is so expensive and so hard to do",
or "No no no, sure weve found planets, but if they are not to close
to the star and burning up they are WAAAAY to big", IF they comment
on a system with planets right in the zone, they HAVE to find something
that will make this candidate look bad and not interesting. And I get the
feeling that "DO NOT (for whatever reason) get your hopes up", get back
inline, go back to work, pay your taxes and listen to our lies...
Thats what i hear them say...

Whenever i get by some article like these, i do get my hopes up, but only for
the reason, that i know in my gut, we are not alone, we cant be. NO WAY...

So what do we need?

Spaceships and fuel..

How do we get that?

Well we sure cant trust media OR the gvmts..
THEY LIE STRAIGHT TO YOUR FACE...

So does ALL the trolls, the ones that deliberatly derails threads
like these, mocking ppls interest or know how or whatever...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join