It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

renewable conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i was'nt sure where to post this but here i go do you think companies such as big internation ones oil ones for instance would cover up new discoveries of re-newable forms of energy just so they can keep going.

just a thought

klain

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What, you mean like giant pharmaceutical companies covering up cures for cancer and aids?

Crazy...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeadingEast
What, you mean like giant pharmaceutical companies covering up cures for cancer and aids?

Crazy...

I think he was talking more along the lines of say, oil companies supressing discoveries of alternate energy sources as a means of preserving their own business.

That being said, I think it is entirely possible, perhaps even probable. Do you really think that with the technology we have available to us in this day and age there aren't cleaner, less dangerous and more reliable sources of energy out there (at least in R&D stages)?

If there are, it could cause BIG problems for the oil companies in terms of profits. I don't know that a secret society would be behind any supression of such technologies or discoveries, but I suppose that depends on what your definition of a secret society is. It definitely seems to be a very real possibility to me. I mean just look at how ruthless these types of companies are and have been for a long time... it's a cut-throat business to be sure. Whoever could come up with a more practical source of energy would definitely be a very wealthy man/woman or group of people.

The oil companies would be like, "That's my Kool-Aid! Back up off it, chump!" and beat the competition to a bloody pulp. Makes sense, no?

[edit on 2/22/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
there are cures for things..and people,scientist doctors etc.have disappeared when they brought their knowledge to the light of day..

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Originally posted by HeadingEast

Crazy...

I think he was talking more along the lines of say, oil companies supressing discoveries of alternate energy sources as a means of preserving their own business.

That being said, I think it is entirely possible, perhaps even probable. Do you really think that with the technology we have available to us in this day and age there aren't cleaner, less dangerous and more reliable sources of energy out there (at least in R&D stages)?

If there are, it could cause BIG problems for the oil companies in terms of profits. I don't know that a secret society would be behind any supression of such technologies or discoveries, but I suppose that depends on what your definition of a secret society is. It definitely seems to be a very real possibility to me. I mean just look at how ruthless these types of companies are and have been for a long time... it's a cut-throat business to be sure. Whoever could come up with a more practical source of energy would definitely be a very wealthy man/woman or group of people.

The oil companies would be like, "That's my Kool-Aid! Back up off it, chump!" and beat the competition to a bloody pulp. Makes sense, no?

[edit on 2/22/05 by The Axeman]

I don't agree. If an oil company discovered ANOTHER source of energy that could possibly shut the oil industry down, i think that company would exploit it and profit from it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This subject has been touched upon in a recent thread in the fragile earth forum, where I will move this ( more appropriate than secret societies) and close it.
Perhaps you can add your comments to this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join