It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump. Finally a president who cares?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

All I've seen of people that support him are unintelligent, foul mouthed, 'people' who act like adult kindergartners. 'People' I wouldn't want to be stranded on a desert island with, or facing an apocalypse with. I'd expect to be on a spit and being slathered in BBQ sauce within 30 minutes. Forget damn left/ right politics- as people? Calling them that is a stretch, and an insult to actual people. Real people aren't cruel, self serving, and able to laugh at others' misfortunes like I've seen these people do. Real people don't bring up the same tired, worn out phrases and cliches, with the ridiculous lack of spelling and almost ludicrous lack of a grasp of basic grammar and punctuation. Real people don't sound like they're 12, mentally deficient, and locked away in an institution- nor do they hurl completely irrational and immature insults and threats at anyone that doesn't agree with them 150%.

This has got to be the most ignorant thing I've read in a long time.. and the bar was pretty damn high.

Hey buddy, maybe you should re-read what you just wrote to make sure you didn't accidentally type something that also applies to yourself.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

well i think if we are honest, we see crazy people on all sides.

I deal with them because it amuses me.

But you can tell based on my responses who I really give respect to.

For example, I probably have wrote 1000's of pages pf material discussing in depth matters with antedilluvian, parsing over the smallest details of issues.

And yet I am repeatedly told by people that I like all trump supporters am dumb (like the guy you were responding to)

I dont care though, its good for a laugh.

I really dont like to brag, but I feel I am reasonable intelligent.

And so when i type up a detailed thread and get answered by "Man you are dumb, this thread is trash!" it makes me laugh.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

well i think if we are honest, we see crazy people on all sides.

I deal with them because it amuses me.

But you can tell based on my responses who I really give respect to.

For example, I probably have wrote 1000's of pages pf material discussing in depth matters with antedilluvian, parsing over the smallest details of issues.

And yet I am repeatedly told by people that I like all trump supporters am dumb (like the guy you were responding to)

I dont care though, its good for a laugh.

I really dont like to brag, but I feel I am reasonable intelligent.

And so when i type up a detailed thread and get answered by "Man you are dumb, this thread is trash!" it makes me laugh.

I'm with you man.
I've said numerous times that this is entertaining to me. I am very amused by much of what is said. At the same time I am interested in others opinions.

You may not believe it but I spend a lot of time kind of just laying there thinking about # based on what people say here.

I don't interact with peoe outside work and at work I keep it to a minimum.

I'll burn one and think at about what you say. I think a lot about what les misanthrope says.
I always reserve the right to change my mind.
I like to just sit and think and I like to think of how and why others feel the way they do. It interests me.

That's why I start threads with my opinions and ask questions. I want to know how people feel.

I will clown trump and call him Mr orange but when I start a thread about him it's cause I do want conversation. I don't just start a thread with Mr orange lol lol then wait for # to start.

100% there are nutjobs on both sides.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Agreed.

And let me not act like I dont get petty or insulting from time to time, I definitely do.

But I legitimately think I am trying to be fair minded, and discuss things with people, particularly with those that disagree with me.

But I love guys like this one saying I am not even human, I am dumb, I should be put in a padded room, etc.

They are some of my favorite posts!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But I love guys like this one saying I am not even human, I am dumb, I should be put in a padded room, etc. They are some of my favorite posts!

My favorite is depending on the issue I can be a libtard or a heartless Nazi. I take things issue by issue, and as a general rule I hate all politicians and generally think both parties are the problem.

The internet warriors are quick to judge haha.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But I love guys like this one saying I am not even human, I am dumb, I should be put in a padded room, etc. They are some of my favorite posts!

My favorite is depending on the issue I can be a libtard or a heartless Nazi. I take things issue by issue, and as a general rule I hate all politicians and generally think both parties are the problem.

The internet warriors are quick to judge haha.

I get a lot of heat from leftv leaning people.

But the heat I took for calling out trunmps bombs in syria was pretty good!

I was a sellout, and hillary supporter in disguise, etc.

Good stuff!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I really didn't like that he gave the go ahead to generals to make decisions without clearing it through the president.

Love the military, but it's a lot of guys with hammers in an area everything looks like a nail.

We're in the midst of a hot proxy war, and we already put 100+ Russian contractors six feet under. It wouldn't take much for things to escalate.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Agreed.

And let me not act like I dont get petty or insulting from time to time, I definitely do.

But I legitimately think I am trying to be fair minded, and discuss things with people, particularly with those that disagree with me.

But I love guys like this one saying I am not even human, I am dumb, I should be put in a padded room, etc.

They are some of my favorite posts!

I think I fall in the same category

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When listening to the media cover Trump or reading articles written about him, I notice that there is never any reference to the good deeds that he has done for others and his community. There is also never any reporting of the positive character references given by people who know him personally, who work with him or have interacted with him. The following are just a few of the omitted stories:

•Lynne Patton, a black female executive at the Trump Organization, tells the inspiring story of how Trump and his family stood by her even when she fell into substance abuse.

•The time when Trump saved a family's farm from foreclosure, after the father had committed suicide, by paying off the mortgage.

•Trump sent a $25,000 check to a U.S. Marine to help him get back on his feet after Obama left him to rot in a Mexican jail.

•When the NYPD did not have money in the budget to pay for fliers needed to catch a serial rapist, Trump donated the $40,000 needed.

•When singer Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother, and nephew were murdered, Trump allowed her and her family to stay at Trump Tower, free of charge, while making funeral arrangement.

•Trump used his business acumen to prove how inefficient government is when he stepped in a saved Wollman Rinking, an ice-skating rink in Central Park. After the NYC government spent six years and flushed $13 million down the drain at an attempt at total refurbishment of the rink, Trump took over the project without taking a profit and finished in less than four months at a cost of under $3 million.

As a businessman, Trump has donated to both Republicans and Democrats. In fact, he has donated to more Republican candidates than Democrats.

Donald Trump is an open book who has been in the public view since the 1980s. Trump has always said he did not want to be president, and he has always hoped that someone else would step up and fix the problems he has been talking about for the past thirty years. Yet no one came along. When he announced his candidacy for the president of the United States, he said he had to do it because no one else will.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

All I've seen of people that support him are unintelligent, foul mouthed, 'people' who act like adult kindergartners. 'People' I wouldn't want to be stranded on a desert island with, or facing an apocalypse with. I'd expect to be on a spit and being slathered in BBQ sauce within 30 minutes.

This is pretty much the attitude that sealed the deal for me. Self riotous,arrogant, smug idiots thinking they are superior based on their voting habits. It started about the time Trump rose to the to of the GOP, and continues to this day. I'm torn, as I hate violence and am against hurting anyone, but some part of me really wants to smash the dome of tool bags who act and speak this way. I did and still feel much vindicated that Trump won, just to really, really piss those pinheads off. I have a feeling it's what made quite a few Trump supporters who might not have been otherwise.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Im not directing this specifically at you, because honestly I dont know you well enough.

But I find this idea so funny when people say all supporters of "X" are stupid morons (both sides do it)

Trump supporters aren't stupid but some of them are naive idiots. Just look at the Q bs.
Before that was zero annon or whatever it was called. Look how many people fall for the same crap in the mudpit. There are threads on ATS where the OP literally writes "an airplane full of fbi agents and sealed boxes is heading to Little Rock. We don't know whats in those boxes but we think it is related to the Clinton Foundation".
I've never ever seen anything like that on ATS before. Not during W. and Obama presidency.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

To be fair, I've never claimed anything about the president's "caring" about anything, but my point still stands: You are asking people to deal with a subjective matter over a span of four decades about one person.

That said, here are a couple recent ones: Tax breaks, rebalancing of trade deals, diplomacy with NK and Russia.

I know that people will say that those were only for the interest of his rich friends, or that trade deals were fine as they were, and that diplomacy with dictators must mean that he is one and sympathizes with them, but the reality is that these things that he's done since becoming president, along with many others, are indicators that, at the very least, he cares about doing right on behalf of the entity that is The United States of America.

Whether or not that equates to positive outcomes for every single American doesn't matter because such a thing is impossible to achieve.

But I don't think that it's a trap, I just think that it will become a rather fruitless endeavor because it's all subjective. Personally, I see a hard stance on welfare qualifications as caring about breaking the trap that is the American welfare system (by design, I could argue), but most people think about things with their hearts and not with their critical thoughts.

That's my point, I guess--one man's caring is another man's heartless dictating.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Nice post--and these are things easily found by searching online, which is why I feel like the OP is either fishing for arguments, or lazy in answering their own question. I could be wrong, though, but a good post nonetheless.

I'll never claim that Trump is a perfect human being--rather far from it, actually--but when people choose out of ignorance to paint him as an evil, heartless human being, they don't want to honestly learn any different way to see the man and will continually only focus on the negatives that he's done.

originally posted by: network dude
This is pretty much the attitude that sealed the deal for me. Self riotous,arrogant, smug idiots thinking they are superior based on their voting habits. It started about the time Trump rose to the to of the GOP, and continues to this day. I'm torn, as I hate violence and am against hurting anyone, but some part of me really wants to smash the dome of tool bags who act and speak this way. I did and still feel much vindicated that Trump won, just to really, really piss those pinheads off. I have a feeling it's what made quite a few Trump supporters who might not have been otherwise.

Yeah, it certainly doesn't make me hate Trump more--it honestly makes me feel empathy for him and pity for the people that you just described.

#WLYB

edit on 23-8-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I remember about a year ago I wrote a series of threads that were mostly bashing Trump, at the time I got quite a few posts directed at me that were along the lines of "yeah well you just don't like him because he won" and my response was always the same. I didn't like Trump long before he was even in the running for POTUS.

The reason was precisely what the OP is hinting at, I didn't like him because he was to me, and still is, just some rich daddy's boy billionaire who has never done a honest days work in his life and is only it it for himself. He has a long history of not paying his contractors that worked on his projects, his attitudes towards women has been long documented since before he was in the running, then there were his actions of the coast of Aberdeen where he destroyed a beautiful part of the country. His whole persona was just pretty repugnant to me and most of that came down to how I viewed his interactions with those less well off than himself.

Trump I believe does "care" about America in that I do believe he is a true patriot however I also think that he cares more about how own power and bank balance above all else.

I think he is a man who says put America first right after me...

Trump has never shown anything that really demonstrates that he truly cares for the hard working class type of folk who work the 9-5 with a few kids and a montage to worry about.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I have seen plenty of crazy posts from the other side.

How about trump is a nazi, his supporters are all nazi, we will have to kill trump supporters to save the country, bush worked with nazis on the moon, trump had hookers pee on a bed obama once slept on.

Why just this very day a reasonable person told me in all seriousness that if pence becomes president, this country could turn in to handmaidens tale.

That right, in two short years of a pence presidency women would become the personal sex slave of all men in this country!

So again, the crazy is on all sides.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

All I've seen of people that support him are unintelligent, foul mouthed, 'people' who act like adult kindergartners. 'People' I wouldn't want to be stranded on a desert island with, or facing an apocalypse with. I'd expect to be on a spit and being slathered in BBQ sauce within 30 minutes.

I don't agree with the poster you are quoting.. But princess.. Remember pre election? I do. You all supported a foul mouthed non pc candidate.
Everyone who called out Trump for mocking a disabled journalist was labeled as SJW or a snowflake. Remember your motto? Words can't hurt!! But look at you now. All triggered and butthurt.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

I don't agree with the poster you are quoting.. But princess.. Remember pre election? I do. You all supported a foul mouthed non pc candidate.
Everyone who called out Trump for mocking a disabled journalist was labeled as SJW or a snowflake. Remember your motto? Words can't hurt!! But look at you now. All triggered and butthurt.

I suppose you can see things any way you wish, but realizing that the smug arrogant assholes were just that, doesn't hurt me at all, as I said, it just makes me that much more happy that Trump won the Election to be the President of the United States, and all those pinheads who think like this will spend the next 4-8 years hyper-ventilating over the fact that they lost to Donald Trump. They couldn't even find a candidate who could beat Trump in an election, and they cheated to boot! I'm with Slapmonkey, feel disgusted yet sorry for them at the same time.

it makes me watch this and smile.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

How can I be fishing for arguments when I am not arguing?

I don't understand.

I said he is not a monster but he is also not a saint.

You seem like you're trying to argue. I just wanted people's opinions. I gave mine.
Not everything has to be nefarious or looking to argue.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Nice post--and these are things easily found by searching online, which is why I feel like the OP is either fishing for arguments, or lazy in answering their own question. I could be wrong, though, ...

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I'm not trying to argue, but an OP like this will eventually lead to arguments--case in point, this thread. That's what I meant, not that necessarily YOU want to argue with every answer given. It just seems like the type of OP that wants to get...we'll call them "lively debates"...fired up.

And you are correct, he's not a monster nor a saint, but hopefully there have been enough good answers to show you that the common narrative about his evilness and heartlessness is not deserved.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I don't think trump is a monster and I don't think he wants bad things for us. I just think he wants good things for himself more than he wants good things for us.

He is a billionaire he already had everything he ever wanted for himself. He even donates his salary.

He lowered income tax. I think he is actually trying to do whats best for me and mine and you and yours..

Meh. I don't believe for one minute that trump is a billionaire. That's one of the reason's he won't publish his tax returns. Well, that, and it would land him in the big house with Manafort.

He begged Forbes magazine to put him on their richest list. They did, and after it was published, found out the claims he made about his vast wealth were false.

Donald Trump is not a billionaire. It's another lie.

And donating his salary? That annual salary doesn't pay for a weekend in security at Mar a lago, and because there is water around it, they even must have coast guard in addition to the rest. Melania burned up a couple of years of his salary staying in Trump Tower as long as she did after the election.

He's headed for a fall with all his lies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join