It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump. Finally a president who cares?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I dont care about him getting in the bone zone with stormy.
Who gives a #?

He seems like he likes to get people all worked up. He seems like he likes to divide people.
Fake news
Wrong

Hire the best people
Fire the best person he just hired and now they are a dog

It's all that drama bull# I don't like

I didn't say this I said that
I said that but meant this

It is creating a divide.

This is my opinion based on what I see but I do love in my own little bubble so who knows

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
When you say care, I presume you mean serial liar who has made the USA a laughing stock around the world?

Which country is laughing?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I don't think trump is a monster and I don't think he wants bad things for us. I just think he wants good things for himself more than he wants good things for us.

He is a billionaire he already had everything he ever wanted for himself. He even donates his salary.

He lowered income tax. I think he is actually trying to do whats best for me and mine and you and yours..

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

All I've seen of people that support him are unintelligent, foul mouthed, 'people' who act like adult kindergartners. 'People' I wouldn't want to be stranded on a desert island with, or facing an apocalypse with. I'd expect to be on a spit and being slathered in BBQ sauce within 30 minutes. Forget damn left/ right politics- as people? Calling them that is a stretch, and an insult to actual people. Real people aren't cruel, self serving, and able to laugh at others' misfortunes like I've seen these people do. Real people don't bring up the same tired, worn out phrases and cliches, with the ridiculous lack of spelling and almost ludicrous lack of a grasp of basic grammar and punctuation. Real people don't sound like they're 12, mentally deficient, and locked away in an institution- nor do they hurl completely irrational and immature insults and threats at anyone that doesn't agree with them 150%.

Ah yes, there we have it mr elitist.

Yes all of us trump supporters are toothless uneducated inbreds that shouldnt be lumped in with real people.

we resort to name calling and immature insults, unlike true intellectuals like yourself.

link   

I also admit I know # about global spending. Military #. I'm just not hip.

You should, we could literally cut it in half, then use a quarter for tax cuts and a quarter for social programs and appease both sides of the isle.

Issues that are important to me are equal rights.

Mission accomplished.

Legalization

We're getting there, maybe another ten years nation wide.

Pro choice

Mission accomplished.

Free speech

For the most part, mission accomplished.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I have a feeling you don't like Trump because he speaks like a jackass, as far as what he's done, he isn't too different from the rest.

You're not wrong
I've said as much

I want to know why others like him and trust him though. Not why I dont

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Trump cares so much about the working man. Meanwhile, this self-claimed BILLIONAIRE, is using tax-payer money going on golfing and vocational retreats. Paying massive amounts of money for presidential protection.

A guy who criticized Obama for doing the same thing.

Does he really care about us? No. He's an egoist. Only cares about his image.

Takes zero pay... anyhow your example is really bad...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Don't act like trump single handedly accomplished that # ok.

I just answered what is important to me.

Legalization is on the way? Cause of trump with his super conservative asshole sessions he appointed?

The pro choice thing? Trump again with his super conservative picks for vp and the supreme court?

Come on man

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

What would he have to do to be a good POTUS in your eyes?

What do you want when you vote for POTUS? What are the important issues for you?

I know what I want- less dishonest politics, all the way around. For example, our tax $$ NOT going into their pockets first, while they whine and complain about 'not enough money'. When you're on your 3-4th car, and 2nd house, and WE paid for it- STFU, politician. Bribery- oops- lobbying- should be outlawed completely.

Knowing what the hell people are paying, what they get paid, and the problems they face might also be a factor, too! Your country runs on people- not cash alone. No people, no cash. Excluding anyone using financial and racial means (yes, legal citizens) should NOT be a priority.

Screaming "We're #1!!!" over and over doesn't do a damn thing. Shut the hell up, and PROVE IT. Have the healthiest, smartest, most productive, happiest people on the planet! Make all the jobs come to you, and not to China. Or every country being used to outsource every job possible. And then be able to balance trade with other countries as well- tricky, and a tightrope act, but hey, they're the prez.

I could go on for quite a while on this. A rich, politically soaked self serving SOB is not the person for the job. I'd personally like to see someone who makes $40K or less become president, TBH. The corruption, backstabbing, and political horror show has run its course. It's time for real people to start running the government.

link   

Im not directing this specifically at you, because honestly I dont know you well enough.

But I find this idea so funny when people say all supporters of "X" are stupid morons (both sides do it)

So in this case, you are kind of siding with a post calling all trump supporters basically sub human that need to be locked away and we are all dumb.

Now many of the same people with that mindest will then come on to a post i (or if its on the other side an inteligent demiocrat supporter or whatever) make and totally ignore the substance, say I am always wrong or a liar, and say trump is evil, and go away.

So if you are someone who thinks ALL fans of a any politician or party are stupid, perhaps you are just not paying attention to the right people

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I have a feeling you don't like Trump because he speaks like a jackass, as far as what he's done, he isn't too different from the rest.

You're not wrong
I've said as much

I want to know why others like him and trust him though. Not why I dont

Presidents are elected (hired) to do a job. You don't need to like your employees for who they are, but what they do, as an employee.

Presidents make promises, and if they are good on them, those who elected them will be happy.

So far Trump has made good on many of his promises, which is surprising opponents who say he is acting crazy (when in reality he said he was going to do these things).

Myself, I think it's a mixed bag, I like some things that have happened and despise others, much like with every president.

But looking at politics with any sort of emotion (why do people like, trust, think he cares about us) are like looking at religion. Look at any politician as your employee, not a person you want a beer with, or don't want a beer with.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
When you say care, I presume you mean serial liar who has made the USA a laughing stock around the world?

You're right, Obama was pretty bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: wylekat

All I've seen of people that support him are unintelligent, foul mouthed, 'people' who act like adult kindergartners. 'People' I wouldn't want to be stranded on a desert island with, or facing an apocalypse with. I'd expect to be on a spit and being slathered in BBQ sauce within 30 minutes. Forget damn left/ right politics- as people? Calling them that is a stretch, and an insult to actual people. Real people aren't cruel, self serving, and able to laugh at others' misfortunes like I've seen these people do. Real people don't bring up the same tired, worn out phrases and cliches, with the ridiculous lack of spelling and almost ludicrous lack of a grasp of basic grammar and punctuation. Real people don't sound like they're 12, mentally deficient, and locked away in an institution- nor do they hurl completely irrational and immature insults and threats at anyone that doesn't agree with them 150%.

Ah yes, there we have it mr elitist.

Yes all of us trump supporters are toothless uneducated inbreds that shouldnt be lumped in with real people.

we resort to name calling and immature insults, unlike true intellectuals like yourself.

Aaaand there's my point proved in a nutshell. Nice.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I wasn't implying that Trump did those things, I was implying those issues are taken care of.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There are levels to awesome and I think the takes no pay thing is to pander to people.
Is it cool he takes no pay? Yes

Is it some super awesome selfless act?
No
He is a billionaire. That salary means # to him so while cool he does not take a salary I don't see it as some amazing thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I do think he will put his best interests before the people.

He is in his 70s and has more money than he will ever need, so we need to think about his motivations. His best interest is to "WIN" right? He wants to be a successful President, but on his terms...

We can say he cares or is a egotistical bastard and apply either to my statement above.

I don't think Obama cared much...a lot of that is based on what he said he would do and what he ended up actually doing or not doing... The difference is I think a very small percent of people would apply the term "caring" to Trump where a very large percentage would apply the term "caring" to Obama.

And even today if I spelled out 100 things Obama didn't care about many would still say he was "caring", and if Trump found the cure for cancer and gave it away free he would for always be that egotistical bastard out for only his self interest.

In the end I think Trump wants to leave office with the country on a very successful tract so that he can say two simple words..."I WIN"...

edit on 23-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It seems to me a big game.

The more I watch both sides, the more it does look like a big game, or theater, even.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

There are levels to awesome and I think the takes no pay thing is to pander to people.

Is it some super awesome selfless act?
No
He is a billionaire. That salary means # to him so while cool he does not take a salary I don't see it as some amazing thing.

I agree..was just matching one bad example to another...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Not all.
Not you but I think a lot are idiots.

I just go by what I see.

You are one that starts threads and asks questions and actually wants a conversation.

I am that way too though we fall on opposite sides of the spectrum.

As I said too I just go by what I see. What I see is the conversations I have here and the ones I have at work.

I see a lot of hoo ra # from the right side and it rubs me the wrong way.

The attitude like though illegal tearing down a statue warrants violence. I don't like that.

A negative thread about trump with instant comments like triggered.

The defending him no matter what. It bothers me.

There are some people here on both sides that start threads just to cause #.
Something negative about the other side and wait for the mud to fly.

I make #ty comments. I make #ty comments about trump. Sure.
I clown peoe. Sure

I also try to start threads where I am honest about my opinion and also genuinely want to hear the opinion of the other side. I try to have an open mind and be objective. I don't often agree but I try to understand.

I get lumped in too.
I'm a leftist lib libtard whatever. I'm called it all the time.

For the record I also make fun of lots of others. Left includes.

One of the threads I had deleted was one I started about Hillary with a pic of her in a bikini making fun of those fat titties.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Presidential Pay: $400,000, $50k annual expense account, $100,000 travel, $19k for entertainment.
Good grief. I should run. $19k would entertain me really well!

What he spent on golf so far: as a guesstimate, I'd say about $20million-ish, give or take. Even if my guess is off, it's STILL more than what he's refusing to be paid. So, even if that money is dumped right back into the cash box, there's still millions he's blowing on putting balls into a little hole on some short grass.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join