It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump. Finally a president who cares?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

What does the last 40 years of his life have to do with what he does as president?

I've worked with people in the past that were complete assholes that I couldn't stand, but they were damn good at their job. I've also worked with people that were very friendly, polite, and most people in general really liked, but absolutely sucked at their job.

Who would you rather work with? I'll take the asshole all day personally.

You can't but notice so many of the Hollywood types, which are narcissists and that should have no personal complaints over how the American system has treated them, how their shorts are tied in sailor's knots over Trump, in a rage over somebody that doesn't even impact them. It's perhaps the best example I can think of, of the phenomenon, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." In addition, the bottom line, for those with eyes that see and ears that hear, these same people are Satanic, in an industry that is Satanic. It's a rage of the possessed. I'm not certain of some aspects of Mr. Trump that make me wonder, such as a lack of normal, human humility, but he does have most excellent enemies I'd be proud to also have as enemies. And it's the same sort of thing how criminals hate the police.

Otherwise, and something I found very positive of his campaign, is that Trump financed his own campaign. In turn, the political establishment and the creatures that support them with personal agendas, corporations and other organizations, have their shorts in a bunch there's this guy at the top that isn't in their pockets, like, for instance, Congress is bribed, and other Presidents, that needed campaign funding for whatever quid pro quo the donors had the likes of Obama on the take for. It's like their whole game of bribery, for political favors, got its apple cart turned over. Not having pay for play at the top, for, say, corporations that need more war, is a threat to their power and bottom line, as if not to mention control freaks of the psycho variety, used to getting their way, can't stand losing control. You also have the likes of the CIA, that needs a big boogeyman, like Russia, to justify a bloated budget, like heaven forbid Mr. Putin and Mr. Trump get friendly. In general, the big bureaucracy only wants to get bigger, the same way defense contractors need wars. There are huge interest groups peace is not profitable for, though it would be good for the nation and everybody in it.

In any event, when some evil piece of filth starts mouthing off against Mr. Trump, this only improves my estimation of him, as somebody already mentioned, that he must be doing something right. The devil in a lather is always a good sign.

As to your comment, ditto, I have also known jerks that did the right thing in leadership positions, that, surprisingly, did care about people, when care was required. They are more the exception, but they do exist, you know, that terribly abrasive manager that runs a tight ship, but also supports his employees when they need support, though he barks at them day to day. I'd always choose to work for such a person, trying to do the organization right, over most others, have no use for any smiley person that's incompetent or two-faced. Smiley, fake people and suckups are most highly overrated, just the ones you can't trust.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

My point is that many elected him thinking that he is different from the status quo. That he was going to clear out the corruption (drain the swamp).

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Hate to get off topic, but why is coal important? It's a dying industry right?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

his long contributions to American charities.
the hospital he commissioned in 92
his 15 of service in USMC and 5 years as a reservist
his environmental protection and housing development for rural America
his strong stance against unnecessary wars
his leadership and ethics code over the years...
and then you woke up.

I think you already know the answer to your questions. you just want to hear it from someone else

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

"I now want to bring forth a friend who has...ummm...well, he is deceptive in that his social style is as such that one can miss his seriousness and his commitment, but his success is beyond argument."

Jesse Jackson--as many issues with the man that I have--isn't wrong on that, and it explains the foundation of TDS (which is a real thing, according to many psychologists/psychiatrists).

As for the OP asking people to list subjective determinations of moments of "caring" over four decades of a man's life, that's just ret*rded. Maybe he should ask Jennifer Hudson.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

his long contributions to American charities.
the hospital he commissioned in 92
his 15 of service in USMC and 5 years as a reservist
his environmental protection and housing development for rural America
his strong stance against unnecessary wars
his leadership and ethics code over the years...
and then you woke up.

I think you already know the answer to your questions. you just want to hear it from someone else

Nice post.

I have my answers. I've not been shy about how I feel.
We all have the same life history to look at though. I am just very curious as to what he has done or what people have seen from him that leads them to believe he cares about us.

When I look at it he does not strike me as the kind of person that cares about other people.
Some people thinks he does and I am curious as to why

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

He is willing to say things like trade deals haven't been to America's best benefit. Same with Illegal Immigration. Other politicians say the opposite. We haven't negotiated such things to look out for us, the American Citizen first and foremost.

Do you think the Average Democrat or Republican is really looking out for their constituents?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
When you say care, I presume you mean serial liar who has made the USA a laughing stock around the world?

You losers can't even leave the EU, and you still faun over your "royal" inbred wankers. Talk about laughing stocks!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

As for the OP asking people to list subjective determinations of moments of "caring" over four decades of a man's life, that's just ret*rded. Maybe he should ask Jennifer Hudson.

I don't think so.
It shouldn't be hard to answer.

We should be able to look at 4 decades and come up with a general idea of his character and what he is about.
Some people had a high opinion of him when he ran. Obviously.

So, why the high opinion?
Are we now in the stage where we can't ask honest questions?

I'm not trying to trick anyone or argue their opinion.
I just want to know why people have the opinion they have.

I mean you can't have a high opinion about someone without a reason. I just want to know people's reasons.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Do you think the Average Democrat or Republican is really looking out for their constituents?

I already said I don't. I wanted to get that deflection out of the way.
I said every president has had various levels of their best interest at heart.
Trump included
Trump is the president now
I am asking about trump

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

♫ ♫ ♫ YES TRUMPY LOVES ME, YES TRUMPY LOVES ME, YES TRUMPY LOVES ME, BECAUSE THE ORANGE MAN TOLD ME SO ♫ ♫ ♫

Counter question, when was the last time you feel a president cared about us?
edit on 23-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

What would he have to do to be a good POTUS in your eyes?

What do you want when you vote for POTUS? What are the important issues for you?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

He cared enough to question the intel communities.

Chuck schumer told him he shouldnt, because they would take him down.

Now they are doing there best too.

Seems to me that all other politicians that may have actually cared about the people in recent memory have also but shinned by the deep state and their media friends; ron paul, ross perot, bernie, jill stein, gary johnson, kucinich, tulsi gabbard.

You know, pretty much anyone who isnt for regime changing wars around the globe.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I remember feeling like bill did. I was only 15 at the time but I remember being pro bill. As much as a 15 year old could be

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

What would he have to do to be a good POTUS in your eyes?

What do you want when you vote for POTUS? What are the important issues for you?

Well I will say I voted for Hillary but wish I wouldn't have. Still would not have voted trump.

A positive in my life since the election is I pay more attention. I try to anyway.

I also admit I know # about global spending. Military #. I'm just not hip.

Issues that are important to me are equal rights.
Legalization
Pro choice
Free speech

Basically all the leftist libtard # that people hate

I don't think trump is a monster and I don't think he wants bad things for us. I just think he wants good things for himself more than he wants good things for us.

For me the most important think is I don't want an abrasive asshole type at the head of the table and I want the president to say what he means.
I don't want to have to read between the lines or try to determine what he means.

Just say what you mean.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

People that support him think he cares and wants to fix # and maga

All I've seen of people that support him are unintelligent, foul mouthed, 'people' who act like adult kindergartners. 'People' I wouldn't want to be stranded on a desert island with, or facing an apocalypse with. I'd expect to be on a spit and being slathered in BBQ sauce within 30 minutes. Forget damn left/ right politics- as people? Calling them that is a stretch, and an insult to actual people. Real people aren't cruel, self serving, and able to laugh at others' misfortunes like I've seen these people do. Real people don't bring up the same tired, worn out phrases and cliches, with the ridiculous lack of spelling and almost ludicrous lack of a grasp of basic grammar and punctuation. Real people don't sound like they're 12, mentally deficient, and locked away in an institution- nor do they hurl completely irrational and immature insults and threats at anyone that doesn't agree with them 150%.

And just because- WE GET IT. Obama and Hillary aren't all they're cracked up to be. The way Hillary's been acting, I smell a big, dead rat as it is. Continuing to bring both up is signs of a serious obsession that I honestly just don't get at this point. They're all sounding like my kid when I tell her "NO!" after she's asked for something for the 50th time, and gets whiny. She then goes to tattle on me to her mother! Yes. They're out- whining a small child who has learned the art of it.

I'm not saying the other side are a bunch of angels- FAR FROM IT- but let's face it- his supporters by and large all act and sound like they need to be locked away in a rubber room, and in nice soft jackets with arms that hug all the way around.

And if his supporters don't like my assessment? Let me go check my field, where my crop grows. Alas- it is barren and dried up!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I hear you.
It seems to me a big game.

A lot of his supporters seem to get off on the fact he acts like a dick or says or tweets # just to piss people off.

We see that here too.

It's hard to see how some every day people really feel cause if a question is asked it is not uncommon for the response to be triggered.
Or a meme
Or some bull# like maga
edit on 23-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
I've seen that statement a lot.
Finally we have a president who cares about this country and cares about it's citizens.

A lot of people have said that.

I would like to know why people think that though.

What about the last day 40 years of his life shows he is a person who cares and has everyone in the country's best interest at heart?

How do you measure that when 100% of the narratives good or bad are driven by some agenda. They all "care" but what does that mean? You can have two political rivals whose policies are 180 degrees from each other and still say they both "care".

I think being effective is more important than measuring "care".

There has mean a lot of mess surrounding him going back decades.

So what is it that makes him so caring?

Thanks for the replies

He has been successful in a dog eat dog world...So what was the caring in all that...most that have worked for him say he is a great boss, so can we say he cares about the 50,000 or so that he has hired over the years?

1. He is like the first President that treats his campaign promises like a bucket list...even the wall. So many have either ignored or gone 180% from their promises even without external influences causing it.

2. Seems he cares about international contracts and how America seems to be like Daddy who always pays the bill even when the kids are fully grown. We have seen a lot of movement in that area...looks like caring doesn't it?

3. Wants to create jobs no matter whether you agree or disagree with his approach, he wants to create jobs. Caring?

I could go on with another 10 things but in the end anyone can also say it is all only for personal interest, so this is something that really can not be debated out very well unless we really look back at in in lets say 10 years.

edit on 23-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

He was a corporate shill like the rest, he deregulated derivatives that led to the banking crisis in 08', and pushed for NAFTA.

He just had a really good image, making him the perfect politician. He was one of those feels good guys, when he talked people felt good. And that's all the "greats" usually have going for them. In reality his presidency didn't lead to anything meaningful, the prosperous economy didn't have much to do with him, nor does it with most presidents, but in his case it was the dot com boom that injected cash into our economy.

Truth be told, we could go down the list, most or none of them truly cared about the people, its the status and power they care about.

I have a feeling you don't like Trump because he speaks like a jackass, as far as what he's done, he isn't too different from the rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join