It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump. Finally a president who cares?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well you're no fun!

The first sentence in your OP says that "Ive seen that statement a lot"... soooo, perhaps you can revisit those statements you've seen a lot and the context/topics in which they were made, and poooooof.... perspective.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

They're in many threads.

His supporters say it all the time.
How much he cares. Finally.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

He doesn't care.
Trump reminds me of one of those populist east-European leaders who use patriotism as a disguise for their corruption. Trump is Putin and Erdogan in disguise. Everyone that criticizes Trump is against the American people. Every critique of Trump is an attack on the US constitution. I never thought Americans would fall for this crap..

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The last 40 years of his life isn't what he campaigned on. I would assume it was what he campaigned on that give people that feeling.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I have eyes and can clearly see the US is better off economically now than it was Jan 19, 2016.

Results matter to me, not rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I feel the same.
My personal opinion.

I just wanted some perspective on what others have seen.

No intention of changing anyone's mind or debating their opinion. I'm just trying to find out why

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't think he gives two sh#ts on his gold toilet for anybody!!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Not what he campaigned on but peoples history matters. Everyone looks at people's history. For jobs. For marriage. For everything.

Silly to say it does not matter.

But with him people clearly feel differently about what they have seen.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You would never be allowed in his golden elevator or on his golden "throne".

See?

He cares about you. But not in a good way.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

So did every other president, what is your point? Oh wait it's Trump, he is so evil. ((Eyeroll))

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So you are saying Trump is pure evil and has never done a good thing in his life (well at least the last 40 years)?

Or maybe you ONLY know the negative side of his life, because that is all that is plastered all over the MSM walls at the moment?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Most folks do less for their neighbor than Trump does for America. They have no rational grounds for complaining.

I think there is an argument for there being more division between people than there has been for a long time.

I think there is argument for him having a little to do with that.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer
a reply to: blueman12

So did every other president, what is your point? Oh wait it's Trump, he is so evil. ((Eyeroll))

I know that no president is squeaky clean. I said that.
My point is he is the president right now and I'm trying to understand why people feel about him how they do.
I said that too

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

So you are saying Trump is pure evil and has never done a good thing in his life (well at least the last 40 years)?

Or maybe you ONLY know the negative side of his life, because that is all that is plastered all over the MSM walls at the moment?

I never said any of that.
I don't think he is evil. I don't think he is a monster. I don't think he wants bad things for the country or the people.
I do think he is an asshole.
I do think he will put his best interests before the people.

I'm not bashing here. I'm answering questions posed to me and giving my opinion.

You don't have to rush to defend. You can just answer the question.

I didn't figure most would though

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

This is a great question -- thank you for asking! I'm hoping you get some good thoughtful replies.

All I can really add to this is that the things I don't like about Trump, no one is complaining about... and for the most part, I think the things folks are complaining about are petty and ridiculous. So I don't understand the hatred for Trump either.

But I'll keep reading and hopefully learn much!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Finally a president who cares?

That orange baffoon doesn't give a fk about you.

link   

For me, I knew he cared about this country when he came right out and said he really didn't want to become President.

He thought that our current politicians weren't looking out for the best interests of this country or it's citizens and he didn't see anyone stepping up to the plate that he thought would make real changes, so he decided to give it a shot.

Donald Trump contemplated and threatened to run how many times before he did? I think he announced that he might run three(?) times over the previous 12 years?

Trump knew that he had the ability to make more money outside of politics without all of the scrutiny, but he chose to do it anyway in hopes to make America great again. After all the abuse, he hangs in there because he knows that American citizens don't stand a chance against such a corrupt government if someone isn't going to risk standing up to them. As far as I know, no one else has promised to "drain the swamp". Ron Paul came close when he campaigned on addressing the corruption within the CIA, but that's all I remember him addressing.

link   
I can think of only one President that truly seemed to care. That was Carter. Unfortunately that's a major factor in what sank his presidency.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I would say it's because tact isn't part of the plan, he isn't as refined as other politicians and doesn't have that imaginary layer of perfection that most politicians strive to imply.

I would also say that a large portion of people feel severely disenfranchised with the government and are enticed by the fact that Trump is anything but a politician.

I think the MSM's effort to demonize him at all cost is why a number of people distrust the media, but also why a number of people have devolved into high school bullies looking to be popular.

Our hubris will be our downfall as with any civilization.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
When the Clinton family joined hands with the Bush family on stage during the campaign... I was sold on Trump?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I can think of only one President that truly seemed to care. That was Carter. Unfortunately that's a major factor in what sank his presidency.

Part of the rub is it is an impossible job. Quite the dilemma.
I think all presidents have been various levels of shady with their own interests in mind.

Trump is the president we have now so I want to know what people see or saw in him.
Why they think out of all past presidents he is the the one that actually cares about us.

To ignore is life is a deflection in my opinion.
That's what people do for all things.

Before you get a job they want your history.
Before you marry someone you find out their history.
We use that history to form an opinion.
All people do it so to say the past 40 years of his life don't matter is a major deflection because it does matter. It's how you form an opinion on who a person is.

That's wht I asked what he has done in his life to show he cares. What has he done to show he can be trusted? What has he done to make people think he is the positive direction we need to go?

These are honest, legit questions

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join