It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump. Finally a president who cares?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I've seen that statement a lot.
Finally we have a president who cares about this country and cares about it's citizens.

A lot of people have said that.

I would like to know why people think that though.

What about the last day 40 years of his life shows he is a person who cares and has everyone in the country's best interest at heart?

This is a serious question.

Nobody is squeaky clean. No president has been but that statement implies that none of the previous presidents cared about the country.

But finally. We have a guy who cares. That guy is trump.

I just want to know why or how people came to that conclusion about him.

I just want to know what it is about him or what the last 40 years of his life has shown that leads peoe to think that out of all past presidents that trump is the guy.

There has mean a lot of mess surrounding him going back decades.

So what is it that makes him so caring?

Thanks for the replies

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
For your question I would say that is because he is the first national politician in a very long time that showed interest in and courted the blue collar Americans.

Rhino's do not and Democrats definitely do not. Blue collar Americans seem to be disgusting to our political class at large and Trump definitely shows that he cares about this class of people by interacting with them and publicly admiring them and advocating for them.

I am not blue collar, so for me my trust in him comes from the fact that nearly all lifetime political beings despise him. For that alone I know he is doing something right. Not even just right, but possibly f'ing fantastic.

All the right people hate him and so therefore I admire him.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
When you say care, I presume you mean serial liar who has made the USA a laughing stock around the world?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I can't answer that question, I don't think he is "for the people" per say. But I'll play devils advocate and let this guy explain what he's done for people in life.

edit on 23-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I can't answer that question, I don't think he is "for the people" per say. But I'll play devils advocate and let this guy explain what he's done for people in life.

This is an obvious CGI fake. :-)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Ooooh, we need a Care-O-Meter for this thread.

I'm sure the internet stores one somewhere in the back. Then we can compare Trump's Care-O-Meter to past presidents to determine if he really cares about people, if his heart has grown 3 sizes, or if he only slightly cares about people or if Trump's heart is a piece of coal.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
For your question I would say that is because he is the first national politician in a very long time that showed interest in and courted the blue collar Americans.

Rhino's do not and Democrats definitely do not. Blue collar Americans seem to be disgusting to our political class at large and Trump definitely shows that he cares about this class of people by interacting with them and publicly admiring them and advocating for them.

I am not blue collar, so for me my trust in him comes from the fact that nearly all lifetime political beings despise him. For that alone I know he is doing something right. Not even just right, but possibly f'ing fantastic.

Um.. Since ive been born 99% of the politicians praise the blue collar working class. It's called politics...

Studies and statistics will show if his direct actions help blue collar workers.

My point is that words mean nothing. Obama said he was for GMO labeling, then secretly passed the Monsanto proection act under the silence of the mainstream media.

It's all about actions and results. Not words and photo shoots.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Trump cares so much about the working man. Meanwhile, this self-claimed BILLIONAIRE, is using tax-payer money going on golfing and vocational retreats. Paying massive amounts of money for presidential protection.

A guy who criticized Obama for doing the same thing.

Does he really care about us? No. He's an egoist. Only cares about his image.

link   
double post

edit on 23-8-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

link   
double post

edit on 23-8-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Well there's their mistake. Believing we give s**t what they think.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And Trump haters run around saying if they don't agree with their snip you don't care.

I absolutely hate American politics.

100% of the time it's the pot calling the kettle.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

So how far back into his life do you look?

Showed interest and courted certain people?
Ok. I kind of see what you are saying.

Based on that interest alone he has shown you he has others best interest at heart?

Has anything over the last 4 decades of his life shown you that maybe he really just cares about himself?

He does not strike me as the kind of guy that's been out there doing good things for others. When he decides to run though All of a sudden he is the people's president?

I'm just trying to understand.

Seems to be 2 basic trains of thought.

People that support him think he cares and wants to fix # and maga

People that oppose him, people like myself think he is in it for himself and wanted to prove he is the biggest winner of all time.

Can't be both right?

I look at his life and what I see through my eyes is a guy that wants to win at all costs. I do not see a guy that does things for others.

This is why I'm curious. I want to catch a glimpse of what others see but I need to know what that is first.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: Fools

Um.. Since ive been born 99% of the politicians praise the blue collar working class. It's called politics...

Studies and statistics will show if his direct actions help blue collar workers.

My point is that words mean nothing. Obama said he was for GMO labeling, then secretly passed the Monsanto proection act under the silence of the mainstream media.

It's all about actions and results. Not words and photo shoots.

Well so far Trump has kept his word. Coal is one that I can think of right off the top of my head. My understanding that small business owners claim he has gotten rid of numerous red tape laws that allow them to do business first and then worry about regulation.

So yeah, he is proving he cares by his actions.

BTW, blue collar to me includes small business because most construction/landscaping/restaurants are hard manual labor. They don't have to be union to be blue collar.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

What about the last day 40 years of his life shows he is a person who cares and has everyone in the country's best interest at heart?

What does the last 40 years of his life have to do with what he does as president?

I've worked with people in the past that were complete assholes that I couldn't stand, but they were damn good at their job. I've also worked with people that were very friendly, polite, and most people in general really liked, but absolutely sucked at their job.

Who would you rather work with? I'll take the asshole all day personally.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You gotta be a certain kind of maniac to run for president.

We have a long history of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Ooooh, we need a Care-O-Meter for this thread.

]

No we don't.

Just trying to get some perspective. What's wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
He has had the same message for 30 years.

America First..

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

What does the last 40 years of his life have to do with what he does as president?

Because up to when he got elected all we had to go on is what he has done in his life and what he said on the campaign.
Even then people were saying finally someone who cares.
So it could only be based on his actions to that point and what he said when he campaigned.

Does this not make sense?

Things you have done or not done in your life give people a sense of what you're about.

People got the sense he cared and was for the people
I just want to know what he did to show that?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Most folks do less for their neighbor than Trump does for America. They have no rational grounds for complaining.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join