It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - Impeach me and the market crashes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: Cassi3l

Say what you will about Trump, and I think most don't believe the market would crash, but it would certainly be significantly impacted (in the red). That should be recognized by everyone.

It ain't rocket science.

It's going to crash no matter what. It is over-valued and needs to correct. What is more telling is his apparent belief that impeachment is about whether or not he is doing a "good job." Impeachment is about whether or not he has committed a crime. His moral compass is so skewed he doesn't seem to understand the difference.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Most people don't know anything about the modern mutual funds which have been driving the stock market the last decade or so. Short term vs long term tax rates really are not going to make much difference in a downturn. A sharp fund manager that can churn assets effectively could keep you afloat in a volatile market. Even if the underlying earnings have all the financial integrity of a flava puff there is probably some unspoken agreement among fund managers to keep those quarterly statements looking nice. Can't see these huge funds letting the market drop even 20% short term.

Well said, there is an obvious lack of fundamental understanding on how the market drivers function.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ash614
Yeah bro you mad!

Why would I be mad about being right?

I am not about to drop a resume on ATS but call me naive? Wow you are an idiot.

Anyone who thinks the stock market would drop 50% over anything is naïve. The Civil War? Nope. Crash of 1929? Nope. Pearl Harbor? Nope. 9/11? Nope. Cheetolini going down? Oh hell yeah, because I got a mad resume son.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Can anyone cite (without any conjecture or "dot connecting") why this President should in fact be impeached? Can anyone here make a case for impeachment without resorting to guessing and accusations? Just one person

Abuse of power. Obstruction of justice. Mental incompetence. Failure to inform Congress.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

All of those are made up. The last 2 are simply ad homs.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DJW001

All of those are made up. The last 2 are simply ad homs.

No. He has used security clearances to punish his detractors, at the expense of their future service to the Republic. He has made it clear that he fired Comey because he would not protect Flynn. He has met extensively with foreign leaders and not informed Congress of most of the agreements he has made. As for mental incompetence, he has recently suggested that cooperating with law enforcement should be illegal:

You tell me: is this meandering, unfocused rambling a sign of mental competence? You bought a bill of goods and refuse to admit you were rooked.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

And you'll ALL BE POOR !
I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is absolutely incredible.

Its one thing for him to think such a thing, which would be pretty pathetic in and of itself, but quite another to voice it. Who, exactly, does he think he is? Even the President of the United States, regardless of who it happens to be in a given year, cannot seriously expect to not be a laughing stock even amongst his supporters in the know, after such a statement.

We'll see. I'm only on page one.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Except our economy...which is strong.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

It ain't rocket science

Obviously

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah like those trump is working with Mueller threads .
Right?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is absolutely incredible.

Its one thing for him to think such a thing, which would be pretty pathetic in and of itself, but quite another to voice it. Who, exactly, does he think he is? Even the President of the United States, regardless of who it happens to be in a given year, cannot seriously expect to not be a laughing stock even amongst his supporters in the know, after such a statement.

So what do you have to say for the people that said the markets would crash if he got elected and the complete opposite happened. Historic stock market records have been smashed with Trump presiding and it's no coincidence. Be actually has a great argument and might be right if companies feel that a democrats will go back to unfriendly policies against American business, higher taxes and mire regulations.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Can't wait for the stormy jr saga to play out in the near future.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Keep your eyes peeled on CNN.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Neither of the women we know about were prostitutes. Maybe in the many many more he had to pay off to keep quiet there was a prostitute.
He obviously has a type when it comes to women. Even his wife appeared naked in a magazine.
He likes women with a strong sexuality about them. A type. Women most men would find sexy.
He did choose them. It's not like they forced him to # them. He has no moral fiber.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The question is, do we try him as an adult?. I wouldn't like to believe he would get off on a technicality at a future children's panel.
edit on 24-8-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Keep your eyes peeled on CNN.

If it's good for business be sure conservative news will cover it too..

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
First American president to be impeached was Andrew Johnson in 1868.
Choreographed with the removal of Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton.
After the US stock market crash in '29 when the civilian programs didn't remedy we entered WW2.
So in chess terms Trump is just explaining the end game trunk that happens *after* a global market crash.
Probably in the middle game somewhere but you never know, I doubt Trump is going to face the "death panels" in the US the way some of our more valued ATS posters have on ATS in the past.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Says the person who admits they don't even read an article if it's too !ong.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

I think the Donald understands that the Impeachment Process would wreck his Trade/Tariffs policy...the Uber Strong Dollar he has engineered already

Uber strong against the Pound, perhaps, but that's because the British economy has stalled under the double whammy of austerity and Brexit.

Against the Euro, it's got a way to go match 2015-2017 levels.

Against the Yuan, it's almost at 2015-2017 levels.

Against the Yen, it's still off 2015-17.

The only thing Trump has engineered is smoke and mirrors for people who won't look things up for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join