It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - Impeach me and the market crashes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Businessman Trump / President Trump been proven right almost every time. These threads start. Emotions flare. Sometime later he's proven right. Thread dies. I'm thinking of resurrecting those egg-on-face OP's from time to time, just to make that point.
edit on 8/23/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It would be a great buying opportunity when the people with their panic pants on sell off. The market would correct once a new President was in and it would be business as usual in short order. Presidents are transient, the market isn't.

I've honestly thought about switching much of my assets to bonds for a year or two. The markets are at a high right now, while they could continue to go up, I don't see any crazy numbers in that.

Should the market take a huge dive I'd switch right back and get everything while its low.

We're talking huge gains in a short amount of time.

I'd avoid municipal bonds for the next few years. But that's just me.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Businessman Trump / President Trump been proven right almost every time. These threads start. Emotions flare. Sometime later he's proven right. Thread dies. I'm thinking of resurrecting those egg-on-face OP's from time to time, just to make that point.

Please do. I'd like to see that, though I think the one's with egg on their face may not be the one's you expect.

edit on 23-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ash614

and while the world is focused on the presidents payoffs for prostitutes, that in reality mean so very little, the republicans are starting to come out of the wood work, oh so, so concerned about that massive deficit that those tax cuts helped create, pointing to the "entitlements" for the solution with hardly any media coverage what so ever.

and, it's not a coup d’etat when an elected official, even the president, is removed through legal means because he's found to have broken major laws and is corrupt! if birds of a feather flock together and more and more of his associates are found to have committed bank fraud, tax evasion, perjury, and whatever else...
I think that the chances of them finding trump having done similar things more likely...
and those I would see as impeachable offenses!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The market will react.. it won't crash. And the two more laughable comments were... everyone would become poor.. and he gives himself an A+. Of course he does. His ego would allow for nothing else.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What does it even matter what happens, if the grounds for impeachment are legaly solid then he has no choice.
Maybe he should worry about that more instead of predicting what happens after the fact

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He can swim. Keep paddling Donald you are doing America well and half of them would never realise and continue to ruin your great country. Sanctuary BS and Open borders.
Cannot believe some are stating Obama as responsible for the upswing wait and see if King Trump is toppled.
Time magazine front page

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sorry it’s a coup from the start. The American people put the wrong guy in office so the fix was in. First p-gate, the electoral vote change then fake Russian collusion then fix it man mueller and no arrest for crimes that would have ignored by DOJ to try and remove a president. Sorry if it looks and smells like coup it’s a coup. 65 million Americans will just go back to being the silent majority as the true Facicist take back power.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is pretty much why I don't believe the Qanon stuff. Trump simply doesn't act like an intelligent person on the verge of exposing the wide-spread corruption in the U.S.

He acts like a stereotypical ego-maniac who grew up rich. Just read his tweets. Who brags about watching junk-food news television like "Fox and Friends".

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My guess is there isn't going to be any impeachment. They're just trying to do as much damage as they can before the midterms. President Trump is the best friend the left has ever had.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Certainly possible.

Sooner or later this bull run is going to end.

Only question is what will trigger it.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Certainly possible.

Sooner or later this bull run is going to end.

Only question is what will trigger it.

Russian bots on social media

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

nypost.com...

Here is a sample of a trigger that they want us to ignore

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ash614
a reply to: neo96

nypost.com...

Here is a sample of a trigger that they want us to ignore

Ahh, yes. 350 point swing in the market is really a crash.

Horrible crash. Lives ruined, right?

Yes, please ignore a 350 point swing in a market valued at just over 25k.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I sure hope it does.

I'll be setting my shorts to max leverage.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It ended at 350 points because the news was corrected. If they had not retracted the story it would have crashed imo.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would go as far to say they wont crash but it will certainly have negative effects on the economy.

My wife and I spending habits have changed completely since Trump has been in office. We are buying more than ever because things are strong. I would not be as confident if anyone else was POTUS and we would be hoarding our cash more. We wouldn't be spending at all if Hillary had won.

So I will agree that he has brought confidence to the market so far and to the middle class who the economy is based on.
edit on 23-8-2018 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: TrueBrit

They will defend him no matter what.
You will see.

Wait a bit

Defend him for what? What crime has he committed? The crime of having a large ego? He didn't say he was going to stop the seas from rising.....did he? Now that, would be someone with a big ego....But not a crime.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ash614
It ended at 350 points because the news was corrected. If they had not retracted the story it would have crashed imo.

I agree. Not only would it have crashed but it would have gone negative for the first time in its history. Plus there would have been a global zombie pandemic and people would have gotten their faces eaten off.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: TrueBrit

They will defend him no matter what.
You will see.

Wait a bit

And Trump haters will scream at the sky for another day.
You will see.

You don't even have to wait.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join