It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - Impeach me and the market crashes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
!!

Link

US President Donald Trump has responded to speculation that he might be impeached by warning that any such move would damage the economy.
"If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash," he said in an interview with Fox & Friends.

He was speaking after Michael Cohen, his ex-lawyer, pleaded guilty to violating election laws, and said he had been directed to do so by Mr Trump.
Mr Trump has rarely spoken about the prospect of being impeached.

..snip...

"I think everybody would be very poor," Mr Trump told Fox and Friends.
Pointing to his head, he explained: "Without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."

Holy megalomania, Batman, Trump has gone bonkers

Really, Trump think the markets revolve around him
I guess the Sun must do to ...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

They wouldn't crash, but they sure as hell wouldn't be happy.

Not to say they revolve around him, but rather stability and certainty.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Better argument would be:

Impeach me and you get Mike Pense!

The thought of that wackadoodle bible thumper being President would make me think twice of impeaching trump even if he shot a baby live on air and released a Putin gay sex tape.
edit on 23-8-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This is absolutely incredible.

Its one thing for him to think such a thing, which would be pretty pathetic in and of itself, but quite another to voice it. Who, exactly, does he think he is? Even the President of the United States, regardless of who it happens to be in a given year, cannot seriously expect to not be a laughing stock even amongst his supporters in the know, after such a statement.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It almost sounds like he is starting to see the writing on the wall.

Is he correct, I don't know and lets face neither does he.

Global markets remain fragile and with Brexit happening next year in addition to his trade war with China that seems to be hotting up things are getting pretty unpredictable. So yeah Trump leaving office could be just the thing that brings down the whole house of cards that is the very fragile economy.

Now I said "could", thats the key word because nobody knows.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

They will defend him no matter what.
You will see.

Wait a bit

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is absolutely incredible.

Its one thing for him to think such a thing, which would be pretty pathetic in and of itself, but quite another to voice it. Who, exactly, does he think he is? Even the President of the United States, regardless of who it happens to be in a given year, cannot seriously expect to not be a laughing stock even amongst his supporters in the know, after such a statement.

I can't remember what happened on December 1, 2017, did the markets do anything odd?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's a gob smacker !
Trump is losing the plot

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Say what you will about Trump, and I think most don't believe the market would crash, but it would certainly be significantly impacted (in the red). That should be recognized by everyone.

It ain't rocket science.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It would be a great buying opportunity when the people with their panic pants on sell off. The market would correct once a new President was in and it would be business as usual in short order. Presidents are transient, the market isn't.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It would be a great buying opportunity when the people with their panic pants on sell off. The market would correct once a new President was in and it would be business as usual in short order. Presidents are transient, the market isn't.

I've honestly thought about switching much of my assets to bonds for a year or two. The markets are at a high right now, while they could continue to go up, I don't see any crazy numbers in that.

Should the market take a huge dive I'd switch right back and get everything while its low.

We're talking huge gains in a short amount of time.
edit on 23-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I've honestly though about switching much of my assets to bonds for a year or two. The markets are at a high right now, while they could continue to go up, I don't see any crazy numbers in that.

It's been nearly a 10 year bull market so pulling back now may be prudent. Once Cheetolini goes down, and takes the market with him, then I would get back in and grab some sweet, sweet profits.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Maybe he's threatening to drone strike the Stock Market. He's crazy he'll do it
edit on 8 23 2018 by dashen because: The madman

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Maybe he's threatening to drone strike this Stark Market.

Tony Stark would use the full power of Stark Industries to ward off that strike.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

that kind of made me think that the December 1, 2017 thing was more of a test, with a sacrificial lamb. And yes, a smart guy (with some extra money) could do well in that case. Sadly, I am neither. So I'll cheer for you and hope your bourbon collection increased exponentially before my visit.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
So I'll cheer for you and hope your bourbon collection increased exponentially before my visit.

I shall allow you to bathe in Pappy when you visit.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The markets would have a correction, probably a sizeable one, if Trump were to be impeached. Markets like predictability and stability, and they have like the Trump Predidency thus far for his strong American business and job stance...although the recent tariffs introduced some short-term volatility for a couple of days. If Trump were impeached the markets would sell-off and drop 10% or more in a day, then stabilize because one man, even a President, doesn’t determine the stock market. So, he is right partly, I believe the market would drop and then it would likely recover over a series of weeks and stabilize.

I work part-time at an Investment office, and my husband has been a stock broker/rep for thirty years, and my father was a stock broker for thirty years—the stock market is in our blood so to speak.
edit on 23/8/2018 by xtradimensions because: I really need to proof better before posting!

edit on 23/8/2018 by xtradimensions because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/8/2018 by xtradimensions because: More typos!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

So I'll cheer for you and hope your bourbon collection increased exponentially before my visit.

I shall allow you to bathe in Pappy when you visit.

You say that kind of $### in a PM sir.

Per T&C, article 5 section 2, no speaking of sharing the legendary pappy on the boards.... It's just too much for some people to handle (Especially while I'm at work, with no way to comfort my triggeredness).

And damnit, now I'll have to pick up a bottle of something on the way home.... Buffalo Trace will have to suffice as I have nothing to celebrate justifying the good stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

that kind of made me think that the December 1, 2017 thing was more of a test, with a sacrificial lamb. And yes, a smart guy (with some extra money) could do well in that case. Sadly, I am neither. So I'll cheer for you and hope your bourbon collection increased exponentially before my visit.

Lol!

I'm with you. I don't get to manage my 401K so I'm just along for the ride unfortunately. I guess I could pull back my contributions and put any money I would normally contribute into my personal trading account until the SHTF and then 1) ramp up my 401K contributions in an attempt to ride the rollercoaster back up & 2) start investing the money I contributed to my personal account while preparing for this mini-crash, while the buying is good.

Fortunately or unfortunately - depending on how you see it, I don't think Trump is going anywhere.

edit on 2749x6727America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Whahaha....as an outsider, let me check my list..

Clinton was going to be impeached over humping his secretary.

Bush jr. was going to be impeached over starting a war.

Obama was going to be impeached over his birth certificate.

And now Trump is going to be impeached over humping somebody.

No need for details because I do not care but somewhere this stuff just breaks down into a whole bunch of nonsense.

Good luck with the next one.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join