It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will you view President Mike Pence?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
We won't see Pence as president.

If they really do push impeachment.

it will seal the lefts fate.

Republicans got stomped after Clintons impeachment.

And it says a lot about the current state of the union.

Trump haters are more concerned with getting rid of Trump than even trying to fix your problems.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think the first thing I would say is that its refreshing to see a member who has written threads in support of Trump in the past not burying his head in the sand over this. It is indeed possible that before the end of Trumps 4 years we could see him being impeached. Now do I think that will happen.... ask me after the midterms.

What would I think of Pence as POTUS, not very much, I think he is just as far to the right as Trump if not more so however I also think that if Trump were to be removed from office and Pence take the chair in his place then I think pence would pretty much just sit there. I don't think he would actually do all that much, just keep the status-quo until the next election.

Again its a pretty big "IF" Trump is impeached.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: network dude

And then it will be back to establishment politics as usual.

Whatever Pence does, it won't really matter, he's further right than Trump and I doubt he would get another term considering he wasn't voted in for one to begin with. So the next president will reverse any extreme moves done by him.

When I do have quarrels with Trump, I take them more seriously than previous presidents. If Trump screws this up we can forget having anti-establishment candidates in the future.

Unfortunately I won't be able to figure out what has been BS about all these campaigns against him, or whats been BS about his take on it all until the facts are out and the dust settles.

But I do feel people are just itching to get their nice, safe, well spoken, establishment liars out there to make sure the status quo doesn't get F'ed up again.

Womp Womp

well said!

I feel just about the same.

Pence would probably lead us back right to the neocon regime change wars, globalist friendly policies that we had under Obama/Bush.

You know, those two presidents that were supposed to be direct opposites but actually employed almost the exact same neocon/neolib policies?

But I digress.

Hooray for the establishment, hooray for war!

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TrueBrit

Interesting theory.

You could be right.

let's not jump the gun until we see if the first lady's "family first" initiative can infuse some sanity in the country's moral compass.

tip nicely.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pence would be well served making me his VP for the good PR to settle the masses after the upheaval from a Trump ouster. By the time a whacked out leftist took out/down Pence, I figure I would have about six months in the big chair...which is all I need.

Wouldn’t be a slow drain to the swamp then. Right off the bat the choice would be five new Supremes or a non-recessed Congress. Forget about the first 100 days, that would be the first 100 seconds as POTUS.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Well, there's that, but Nixon didn't have the people behind him like Trump does.

I don't buy into any superficial optics, they are 'behind Trump' until they are not to save their own skins if that is what they feel is best for their career. When they really get behind Trump and deliver their 'message' he'll feel like he's in Attica.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

First of all, Trump won't be impeached let alone removed from office. There's absolutely NO WAY the wackos have enough votes!

Nixon thought the same thing until he found out his party was abandoning him due to political expediency and there was going to be more than enough votes.

And eventually history whitewashed the whole ordeal, and he is considered to be one of the worst presidents.

Ironically, what he did to be branded a crook and a liar is almost child's play compared to what happens in politics these days.

I say all this and I didn't care for him.

He deleted two tapes of about 20 minutes right?

Phhh... Thats childs play!

Hillarys team destroyed 30 thousand subpoenaed emails, and all the fbi did to her was smash the rest of her teams devices with a hammer!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Hillarys team destroyed 30 thousand subpoenaed emails, and all the fbi did to her was smash the rest of her teams devices with a hammer!

She also murdered like 500,000 people too.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

She also murdered like 500,000 people too.

Now come on, thats not fair!

She didnt personally murder them, she paid poor illegal immigrants in gangs to do it!

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, there's that, but Nixon didn't have the people behind him like Trump does.

Trump is quite literally the least popular president in history.

Now sure things have changed a lot since Nixon but when you look at the data Trumps approval rating as a collective has never been over 50% other than the first few days of his presidency, Nixon at this point was still above 50%, now sure he eventually dropped to something like 24% and not even Trump has fell that low just yet but the point is that Trumps approval ratings for his first 18 months or so in office have been lower than any other president in history.

So you can't really say he has the people behind him, remember he never even won the popular vote. If you look at the numbers there is nothing to suggest that he has the people behind him a poll done by CNN showed that over 40% of the public support Trumps impeachment
edit on 23-8-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   
#......

I don't like Trump.......but please don't give us pense!

The USA will turn into a theocracy!

What have you done libitards!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

edit on 23-8-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think the first thing I would say is that its refreshing to see a member who has written threads in support of Trump in the past not burying his head in the sand over this. It is indeed possible that before the end of Trumps 4 years we could see him being impeached. Now do I think that will happen.... ask me after the midterms.

What would I think of Pence as POTUS, not very much, I think he is just as far to the right as Trump if not more so however I also think that if Trump were to be removed from office and Pence take the chair in his place then I think pence would pretty much just sit there. I don't think he would actually do all that much, just keep the status-quo until the next election.

Again its a pretty big "IF" Trump is impeached.

Not being from the usa I understand your confusion.
Impeachment requires math that this midterm does not provide to the dnc as to the senate.
Impeachment without a real crime is not a real world option without the house and Senate votes to back it up. See bill clinton for a real world example.
Oh and F pence

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

She didnt personally murder them, she paid poor illegal immigrants in gangs to do it!

Yes she did. The shuffling, passing-out-then-getting-tossed-into-a-van, green alien-gacking-up-into-a-glass thing is all an act. She was sent from the future by Skynet to destroy us all.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I am aware of the math.

I think that if there is a big enough loss in the midterms then Republicans could turn on Trump and thats how they will make up the numbers for a serious impeachment challenge.

This is all ifs buts and maybes though, which is why I said that I will hold of until the midterms before I start taking the idea of his impeachment seriously.
edit on 23-8-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Yes she did. The shuffling, passing-out-then-getting-tossed-into-a-van, green alien-gacking-up-into-a-glass thing is all an act. She was sent from the future by Skynet to destroy us all.

Skynet?

Of course!

Now that I think about it, all of the terminators in those movies were wearing pantsuits!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Pence would probably lead us back right to the neocon regime change wars, globalist friendly policies that we had under Obama/Bush.

Sure is interesting, watching nervous Trumpkins start looking around for Plan B. But more to the point...there's a reason that I can't watch The Handmaid's Tale and it's got a lot to do with Pence.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

But more to the point...there's a reason that I can't watch The Handmaid's Tale and it's got a lot to do with Pence.

Does he give good recommendations then?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The last election rose my hope on the American people waking up to the true state of affairs the two parties are in.

One side had Bernie, which like him or not was anti-establishment and wanted to flip the scripts. The DNC noped him real quick for a candidate that gave six figure speeches to wall street telling them to have a private and public policies.

On the GOP they had Trump, and they tried to suppress him as well, but honestly none of the other candidates could really hold a flame to him in the primaries.

But the conversation from the establishment is priming the masses to accept the "stability and consistency" they can offer once again.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Nervous trumpkins? hahahaha!

Yeah, I am shaking so bad I can hardly eat my cinnamon life (part of a balanced breakfast).

And what is the reason you cant watch a show because of pence?

You guys racquetball partners or something and dont have time to watch tv?
edit on 23-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Sure is interesting, watching nervous Trumpkins start looking around for Plan B. But more to the point...there's a reason that I can't watch The Handmaid's Tale and it's got a lot to do with Pence.

Seems like the "Trumpkins" are just trying to understand what might happen. If the TrHaters get their way, and a successful tantrum is held, then President Pence will be a reality. BAMN. Then as has been said, we can get back to profitable wars and such. That should please you greatly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join