It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will you view President Mike Pence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The resistance is strong. They may just have enough power to unseat the elected President. How important is Roe. vs. Wade? LOL, I hope not that big of a deal for most. Being a person of faith, Pence doesn't scare me, he seems like a genuine person. And I don't agree with abortion, but I don't think I have the right to tell others what to do, but he might.

I think Pence would be the presidential presence most would approve of, at least in his demeanor and on camera actions. No more provocative tweets, no more bypassing the press, no more off the cuff remarks. It will be interesting to see how the press deals with him. But it looks a lot like this is the path chosen. I can't say it would devastate me, it wouldn't. Plus, Trump has already been able to do a good bit of things conservatives like, with SCOTUS seats and all. So as it might seem like a loss to have Trump impeached and removed, I'm not sure it would be. Plus, once the precedent is set, anyone paying hush money to whores will be put on the chopping block really quick. Hell, the congressional fund for this purpose might get some badly needed scrutiny.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Plus, once the precedent is set, anyone paying hush money to whores will be put on the chopping block really quick.

You're speaking metaphorically, right? I don't need to hire legal counsel, do I?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The resistance is strong. They may just have enough power to unseat the elected President. How important is Roe. vs. Wade? LOL, I hope not that big of a deal for most. Being a person of faith, Pence doesn't scare me, he seems like a genuine person. And I don't agree with abortion, but I don't think I have the right to tell others what to do, but he might.

I think Pence would be the presidential presence most would approve of, at least in his demeanor and on camera actions. No more provocative tweets, no more bypassing the press, no more off the cuff remarks. It will be interesting to see how the press deals with him. But it looks a lot like this is the path chosen. I can't say it would devastate me, it wouldn't. Plus, Trump has already been able to do a good bit of things conservatives like, with SCOTUS seats and all. So as it might seem like a loss to have Trump impeached and removed, I'm not sure it would be. Plus, once the precedent is set, anyone paying hush money to whores will be put on the chopping block really quick. Hell, the congressional fund for this purpose might get some badly needed scrutiny.

F Pence
No way he gets elected without trump
Pence was trumps attempt to make peace with the gop establishment

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And then it will be back to establishment politics as usual.

Whatever Pence does, it won't really matter, he's further right than Trump and I doubt he would get another term considering he wasn't voted in for one to begin with. So the next president will reverse any extreme moves done by him.

When I do have quarrels with Trump, I take them more seriously than previous presidents. If Trump screws this up we can forget having anti-establishment candidates in the future.

Unfortunately I won't be able to figure out what has been BS about all these campaigns against him, or whats been BS about his take on it all until the facts are out and the dust settles.

But I do feel people are just itching to get their nice, safe, well spoken, establishment liars out there to make sure the status quo doesn't get F'ed up again.

Womp Womp
edit on 23-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

If that happens, Liberals will miss Trump and wish him back sooner than the right.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

If that happens, Liberals will miss Trump and wish him back sooner than the right.

Just like Bush was a nazi till Trump came along, now he "wasn't that bad".

Hell, the crowd was cheering the guy who attempted Pancho suicide when he did an interview with Jimmy Kimmel last year. (it was a pretty good interview though haha).

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

This is how

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

F Pence

If Trump is impeached, and then removed, Pence will be the president. It's how our system works. And if Pence is POTUS for a year, when election time comes, he might have enough seat time to convince others he's Presidential material.

I don't have any faith in the system that any form of Justice will prevail regarding the scummy DNC folks who have been exposed. So it will be business as usual.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

yea, throw in a Race Bannon reference and Pence is golden.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

It's always business as usual, what's differs is your perception.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
First of all, Trump won't be impeached let alone removed from office. There's absolutely NO WAY the wackos have enough votes!

And, if the wackos were to somehow be successful in impeaching Trump you can forget about Pence or any other president in the future. The political course of this entire country will be irreparably damaged and altered forever more. Government will have created such a caustic and infected environment that no future president will ever be seated for longer than a few months...and rightfully so too.

So, what Pence would do is pretty much irrelevant. His voice will never even be heard above screams of all the people in the streets killing each other.

It would be complete mayhem and anarchy forever more.

ETA - Bottom line...if it ever happens, you better start learning how to speak Russian and Chinese, so you can understand when they tell you to get in line.
edit on 8/23/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I don't have any faith in the system that any form of Justice will prevail regarding the scummy DNC folks who have been exposed. So it will be business as usual.

The political environment shows the GOP is just as complicit in protecting the establishment. Even the ones who won't admit it inherently know both parties are scummy.

The proof of that is the DNC had to play dirty so Bernie (anti-establishment) wasn't on his ticket, and none of the establishment GOP (establishment) candidates made theirs.

That said, we can welcome the dynasties back after this, rather than admitting they messed up by running Hillary, the DNC has accepted no blame, it's all Russia's fault. As for the GOP, they've done everything short of saying they're butt hurt their party got hijacked.
edit on 23-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

First of all, Trump won't be impeached let alone removed from office. There's absolutely NO WAY the wackos have enough votes!

Nixon thought the same thing until he found out his party was abandoning him due to political expediency and there was going to be more than enough votes.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Impeached for what ?lying? Was he under oath? Even if he was impeached what’s the difference? Bill Clinton was impeached and was still president. Someone please educate me

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Nixon thought the same thing until he found out his party was abandoning him due to political expediency and there was going to be more than enough votes.

And eventually history whitewashed the whole ordeal, and he is considered to be one of the worst presidents.

Ironically, what he did to be branded a crook and a liar is almost child's play compared to what happens in politics these days.

I say all this and I didn't care for him.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, there's that, but Nixon didn't have the people behind him like Trump does.

ETA - And that translates into political suicide if they abandon him...something far worse than Trump to just about every 'career politician'.
edit on 8/23/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Pence is just an insurance policy for Trump.

Trump can hold the prospect of a Pence Presidency, over the American people like a Damocles' Sword, knowing full well that if Pence were to become chieftan of the American people, he would bring misery and inequality with him so awful, that Trumps already harrowing descent into regressive policy making, would seem as forward thinking as can be in comparison.

Pence is a threat uttered by Trump without moving his mouth, that is all. As an entity unto himself, he is nothing, but a nation that could happily be led by him would not be worth living in for any but the most Westboro Baptist Church sort of scum in the land.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Interesting theory.

You could be right.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

F Pence

If Trump is impeached, and then removed, Pence will be the president. It's how our system works. And if Pence is POTUS for a year, when election time comes, he might have enough seat time to convince others he's Presidential material.

"How will pence be viewed" was the question, no?
F pence
As to impeachment good luck getting the Senate votes without an actual crime.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join